Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 23 vs. Essendon - MCG, Sunday 22/08 @ 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him and think he will be a great player for years to come, but we were monstered in the guts and a rest as the Sub won't hurt him. Let's have a look at McInnes and give him a taste for next year.

Not sure why it has to be an either/or scenario with Macrae and McInnes. Assuming McInnes is ready I'd happily play them both.

Why not play all the Mac’s.
Macrae, McInnes, McCreery & McMahon

McMahon is a mile off it. Had one standout game vs Frankston but minimal impact otherwise.

Hopefully he’s on a Nick Larkey like trajectory... needs a couple of seasons to bulk up by 7kg or so and gain experience before he blooms into a similar type of mobile forward

The other three Macs should on merit all play though

INS: Howe, McInnes, Noble, Lynch/Kelly
OUTS: Ruscoe (inj.), Mihochek (susp.), Murphy, Bianco (sub)

B - Howe Roughead Noble
HB - Crisp Madgen Maynard
C - WHE DeGoey Mayne
HF - Henry Cameron Sidebottom
F - Ginnivan Elliott McCreery
R - Grundy Adams Daicos
INT - McInnes Macrae Thomas Lynch/Kelly

SUB - Bianco

Try the smaller fwd setup...

McMahon is a mile off it. Had one standout game vs Frankston but minimal impact otherwise.

Hopefully he’s on a Nick Larkey like trajectory... needs a couple of seasons to bulk up by 7kg or so and gain experience before he blooms into a similar type of mobile forward

The other three Macs should on merit all play though
I wish McDaicos was available to play…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Jeremy Howe, John Noble, Reef McInnes, Nathan Murphy, Jay Rantall, Anton Tohill, Tom Wilson
OUT: Brody Mihocek (suspension), Trey Ruscoe (ankle)

interchange:

Trent BiancoFinlay MacraeBeau McCreery
Reef McInnesNathan MurphyJay Rantall
Anton TohillTom Wilson

ESSENDON v COLLINGWOOD
BJeremy HoweJordan RougheadBrayden Maynard
HBJack CrispJack MadgenJohn Noble
CChris MayneJordan De GoeyJosh Daicos
HFJosh ThomasOliver HenryWill Hoskin-Elliott
FJack GinnivanDarcy CameronJamie Elliott
RBrodie GrundySteele SidebottomTaylor Adams
EXT INTTrent BiancoFinlay MacraeBeau McCreery
Anton TohillTom Wilson

IN: Jeremy Howe, John Noble, Reef McInnes, Nathan Murphy, Jay Rantall, Anton Tohill, Tom Wilson

interchange:

Trent BiancoFinlay MacraeBeau McCreery
Anton TohillTom Wilson

ESSENDON v COLLINGWOOD
BJeremy HoweJordan RougheadBrayden Maynard
HBJack CrispJack MadgenJohn Noble
CChris MayneJordan De GoeyJosh Daicos
HFJosh ThomasOliver HenryWill Hoskin-Elliott
FJack GinnivanDarcy CameronJamie Elliott
RBrodie GrundySteele SidebottomTaylor Adams
EXT INTTrent BiancoFinlay MacraeBeau McCreery
Anton TohillTom Wilson
So, two issues for me.
WHE playing HFF where he was ineffective. He came good once he went back on the wing.
Ollie will get monstered as a KPF.
Kelly might have as well, but he could have shared the load with Ollie & Cameron.
Anyway, 200 games for Roughy.
Farewell to Mayne, Harvey and Sando.

Will be exciting to see Reef run around on Sunday.

No way do we include him in the 26 and not give him a game in the last round.

Interesting that the 2 obvious KPF replacements for Checkers in Kelly and Johnson aren't named. Are they looking at either Tohill or Wilson as a forward option?

Interesting that the Bumbers have added Phillips for potentially his routine matchup with Grundy.

Oh, and Murphy was already in the side so not sure why he's an inclusion.

If it was me, I/C would be Macrae, McCreery, McInnes, Tohill with Tohill to play forward.

INS: Tohill, McInnes, Howe, Noble
OUTS: Checkers, Ruscoe, Murphy, Bianco

Interesting that the 2 obvious KPF replacements for Checkers in Kelly and Johnson aren't named. Are they looking at either Tohill or Wilson as a forward option?

Interesting that the Bumbers have added Phillips for potentially his routine matchup with Grundy.

If it was me, I/C would be Macrae, McCreery, McInnes, Tohill with Tohill to play forward.
Thats been fixed up.

IN: Jeremy Howe, John Noble, Reef McInnes, Jay Rantall, Anton Tohill, Tom Wilson

Just imagine how nuts the game day thread will go if Tohill shocks the bejesus out of everyone and has a (comparative) blinder out of nowhere up forward kicking 3 or 4 goals, alongside Elliott who also kicks a bag of 4 or 5 just to put a nice little end note on his 2021 season...

Tohill definitely has a few tricks as an agile 6'6" player who moves well, has a raking kick on him, and seemed to show some solid game smarts and composure a few weeks back once he settled down a bit in his first game, so it would be interesting to see how he'd go up forward at AFL level.

Last edited:
Must win game for us. Maynes last game, but also it’s important to go into the off season on a positive note.

Players get up for an occasion, and messing up the dons plans is definitely that.

Was hoping Lynch would get a game, I fear that is his career at the pies done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back