Preview Changes v Cats and pre match chat

Remove this Banner Ad

This frustrates me. Brown has been one out all season VS multiple defenders and with horrific delivery from our mids. We bully Adelaide who're just about as bad as anyone has been for a long time and all of a sudden people are saying we look better without him?
I would've preferred that Brown be given the opportunity to get some confidence back against Adelaide, but that wasn't to be. I understand the decision to drop him also and back that decision by the coaches. Maybe mentally he needed a rest as much as physically. I will say that he looked better 2 weeks ago when Larkey came back in. The guy is a star of the comp, he's just been out of form. I'd like to see him compete better in the air (as Maj did) but we haven't helped him.

As good as we were and as poor as Adelaide were we should also recognise that whilst Larkey and Maj looked good in the forward line, neither of them had big numbers and they kicked 3 goals between them. I thought Brown looked markedly better last week and would have backed him to kick three or four against the Cows.

I know we only beat Crows but we looked very convincing. We have also blown games we should have won.

We can beat the Cats, should be favourites against Demons then we're 5 and 6.

Season well and truly alive if back to that point.

Might be overly optimistic sure, and sure bag me out if we get hammered, but I saw lots of great signs on Saturday and I think Cats very vulnerable due to circumstances.

I know we only beat Crows but we looked very convincing. We have also blown games we should have won.

We can beat the Cats, should be favourites against Demons then we're 5 and 6.

Season well and truly alive if back to that point.

Might be overly optimistic sure, and sure bag me out if we get hammered, but I saw lots of great signs on Saturday and I think Cats very vulnerable due to circumstances.

We have to be realistic and not forget how bad we were previously

There was close to no pressure from the crows. The way we ran the ball out of defence was almost shocking to see how easy it was. Plus we were riding on the emotion of Daw coming back and also big names being dropped

Geelong are no walk in the park. I think we need to take advantage of the situation though. They are going to be ******* nackered.

One week we are tanking

Nekminit we are wanting wins

We should always be wanting to win.... not our culture to do anything otherwise which yes maybe detrimental but at best we will finish 13th 14th which will be still good picks as Mel will be right here with us and Freo have the shortfall too so will gain a spot or two

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you saw vs the crows, is the team that we will become, not the team that we are now.

For the first time in this rebuild we basically played a heap of kids and caught a team that is 1-2 years behind us for development. It bodes well for 2-3 years down the track.

Geelong & West Coast will have 10-11 of their best starting 22 retired or retiring by then.
Collingwood, Port & Hawthorn: 8-9
Richmond: 7

North: 5............and we will have 50 more games in to a heap of kids by then (Bonar, LDU, Hayden, Larkey, Mahony, McKay, Perez, Scott, Simpkin, Taylor, Thomas, EVW🤞, Walker, Xerri, Zurhaar). That's 15 kids. (Crocker & Comben are waiting in the wings).

They will compliment:

North in 3 years

Ahern: 27
Anderson: 29
Atley: 30
Brown: 30
Cunnington: 32
Daw: 32
Dumont: 28
Garner: 29 🤞
MacMillan: 31
Pittard: 32
Polec: 30
Turner: 27
Walker: 30
Williams: 30
Ziebell: 32

Toss in this years & next years draft picks and a couple of trades which are bound to happen over the next 2 years.

They're going to come on sooner than most people think.

Last edited:
Shaw: We’ve got two 4 day breaks, so we need to make sure we’re fresh. Brown and Polec will certainly play a part in the upcoming schedule.

Shaw: I think Browny needed a rest. I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do with his next opportunity. He’s an ultra professional and has been working been really hard.

Shaw: Jared has been fantastic. His attitude has been great over the last couple of the days. He won’t be long out of the side.

Shaw: We will have to make changes. Some guys aren’t able to back it up as well as others. It creates great opportunity for guys out of the side though.

Shaw: I’m really proud of the guys who are on the cusp, their attitudes have been fantastic.

What you saw vs the crows, is the team that we will become, not the team that we are now.

For the first time in this rebuild we basically played a heap of kids and caught a team that is 1-2 years behind us for development. It bodes well for 2-3 years down the track.

Geelong & West Coast will have 10-11 of their best starting 22 retired or retiring by then.
Collingwood, Port & Hawthorn: 8-9
Richmond: 7

North: 5............and we will have 50 more games in to a heap of kids by then (Bonar, LDU, Hayden, Larkey, Mahony, McKay, Perez, Scott, Simpkin, Taylor, Thomas, EVW🤞, Walker, Xerri, Zurhaar). That's 15 kids. (Crocker & Comben are waiting in the wings).

They will compliment:

North in 3 years

Ahern: 27
Anderson: 29
Atley: 30
Brown: 30
Cunnington: 32
Daw: 32
Dumont: 28
Garner: 29 🤞
MacMillan: 31
Pittard: 32
Polec: 30
Turner: 27
Walker: 30
Williams: 30
Ziebell: 32

Toss in this years & next years draft picks and a couple of trades which are bound to happen over the next 2 years.

They're going to come on sooner than most people think.
Half of these guys will be gone. A good lot of them this year.

Possibly, and possibly 3 this year.

However, that wasn't my overriding point.
Yeah, I don't agree with your point. We have lots of work to do on our list still. A team like the Tigers are a long way ahead of us in terms of identifying talent that suits their game plan. They smashed the Dogs with a team full of rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back