Traded Collingwood trade F2, F3, F4 to Gold Coast for #22, 46, 58, 79 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the pies got 7 list spots so they can use all these picks? I assume this includes players who aren't signed up yet, but do these players have to be delisted before the draft and then picked up again as DFAs?

Have the pies got 7 list spots so they can use all these picks? I assume this includes players who aren't signed up yet, but do these players have to be delisted before the draft and then picked up again as DFAs?
We definitely have the list spots with players waiting for contracts.

Not sure re your 2nd point.

Yes. An we could possibly increase the amount of senior list spots and reduce the amount of rookies to get more onto the list. (maybe someone else could help me figure that out better) We could also trade out a few of those picks for players like Lipinski and Kreuger.
Players we have or could remove from out or list: Mayne (retired), Greenwood (retired), Thomas (probably delisted), Cox (might trade or rerookie him), Sier (rookie chance), Lynch (would trade or keep if Cox is traded), Rantall (rerookied) and Madgen (could be redrafted)

We could also upgrade some rookies: Noble would be one

Yes. An we could possibly increase the amount of senior list spots and reduce the amount of rookies to get more onto the list. (maybe someone else could help me figure that out better) We could also trade out a few of those picks for players like Lipinski and Kreuger.
Players we have or could remove from out or list: Mayne (retired), Greenwood (retired), Thomas (probably delisted), Cox (might trade or rerookie him), Sier (rookie chance), Lynch (would trade or keep if Cox is traded), Rantall (rerookied) and Madgen (could be redrafted)

We could also upgrade some rookies: Noble would be one
We have 29 contracted on the senior list and 5 on the rookie list, with an additional 2 as Cat B rookies. That's 9 list spots, reducing to 7 picks at the ND, if we trade in Lipinski file and Kreuger.
I expect John Noble will be elevated to the senior list from the rookie list on draft night and we may redraft some uncontracted guys late in the draft, if we see fit.

And hes only played against boys, when Horne has monstered grown men all year, including players already on AFL lists.
yep....and all of them very ordinary where they can't get a game for Adelaide.
SANFL is a very ordinary competition comprising players who are no longer AFL standard or kids who aren't good enough to get drafted. We see year in year out how players with big reputations from SANFL playing against men end up just being good players and nothing more in the AFL. Even Callow kciked 7 goals in a game against men and dominated.

It's no surprise the best midfielders drafted come from the Victorian U/18 comp. They play against talented kids each week who are all fighting to be drafted.

You only had to look at the skill level in the SANFL GF to see how an much of an ordinary comp it is. The top 10 Vic kids would have all torn up that competition.

yep....and all of them very ordinary where they can't get a game for Adelaide.
SANFL is a very ordinary competition comprising players who are no longer AFL standard or kids who aren't good enough to get drafted. We see year in year out how players with big reputations from SANFL playing against men end up just being good players and nothing more in the AFL. Even Callow kciked 7 goals in a game against men and dominated.

It's no surprise the best midfielders drafted come from the Victorian U/18 comp. They play against talented kids each week who are all fighting to be drafted.

You only had to look at the skill level in the SANFL GF to see how an much of an ordinary comp it is. The top 10 Vic kids would have all torn up that competition.

What a rubbish comment.

SANFL is clearly the best competition outside the AFL at the moment.

So you're saying the kids running around for bendigo pioneers would get a game for Adelaide? Outrageous statement.

No you’re making claims that they don’t have a strong 2022 draft hand 12 months out ignoring the fact they drafted a load of kids last year, get a potential number 1 rated pick this year, have protected their first next year with plenty of opportunity to trade back in next year anyway.

At it stands they have one draft pick in the 2022 draft. That's not a strong 2022 draft hand. And is factually accurate.

They could get more. Sure. Possibly by trading in from the 2023 draft.

So one horrendous 2020 period has ramifications for multiple drafts.

Which is exactly what I was saying.

At it stands they have one draft pick in the 2022 draft. That's not a strong 2022 draft hand. And is factually accurate.

They could get more. Sure. Possibly by trading in from the 2023 draft.

So one horrendous 2020 period has ramifications for multiple drafts.

Which is exactly what I was saying.
If Nick Daicos gets a bid at pick 3, BANG, we flick pick 22 for a 2022 2nd rounder, as it's no longer needed.
3rd and 4th round picks, pfft. Who gives a fat ones? The chances of those picks returning a player that manages a sustained AFL career are very minimal, compared to even later picks.

If Nick Daicos gets a bid at pick 3, BANG, we flick pick 22 for a 2022 2nd rounder, as it's no longer needed.
3rd and 4th round picks, pfft. Who gives a fat ones? The chances of those picks returning a player that manages a sustained AFL career are very minimal, compared to even later picks.

Premiership lists are built with later picks. It's not about your best 6 players anymore.

And what if he cops a bid at #1?

Premiership lists are built with later picks. It's not about your best 6 players anymore.

A Daicos selection at Pick 1 is already covered by the remaining picks - I'd reckon that it that did eventuate, the Pies would still trade 22 for additional 2021 draft points -. Likely that Hine as his eyes on someone late in the draft (that's his forte)

If that happens it will take almost all the capital we currently have. We might end up with a late 2021 pick. Is what it is. Daicos, Kreuger and Lipinski plus keeping 2022 1st safe are the big ticket items. We dont do much after that if Daics goes at 1. If he goes 3 then hopefully we can get a 2022 2nd as well.

As to building a list with late picks we have that covered believe me. The hole in our list over the past 6 draft is all because almost everyone comes from mid to late draft. We need some top end talent to balance that out. Daicos and 2022 1st will be the start of that. Kreuger and lipinski can hopefullt become solid best 22 and represent more of those later type picks you are talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that happens it will take almost all the capital we currently have. We might end up with a late 2021 pick. Is what it is. Daicos, Kreuger and Lipinski plus keeping 2022 1st safe are the big ticket items. We dont do much after that if Daics goes at 1. If he goes 3 then hopefully we can get a 2022 2nd as well.

As to building a list with late picks we have that covered believe me. The hole in our list over the past 6 draft is all because almost everyone comes from mid to late draft. We need some top end talent to balance that out. Daicos and 2022 1st will be the start of that. Kreuger and lipinski can hopefullt become solid best 22 and represent more of those later type picks you are talking about.
Reckon they'll keep a spot for Yousef Dib - a selection anything after Pick 43 and they get him for zero points

Brisbane apparently looking to trade into 2021 given they have Ashcroft next year.

Their 1st round pick in 2022 is probably in the 17-22 range after F/S, academy players and FA.

Potentially we can trade pick 22 for Lions' future 1st.

Brisbane apparently looking to trade into 2021 given they have Ashcroft next year.

Their 1st round pick in 2022 is probably in the 17-22 range after F/S, academy players and FA.

Brisbane dont have many list spots so i cant see them taking 3 R1s unless they are using them to move up the order.

Doesn't leave us many points to try match a high bid for Ashcroft though.

Applying your logic, pick 22 is actually pick 24 this year. I don't think that's enough for a future first round pick, especially if Collingwood don't have any worthwhile future picks to send back.

Doesn't leave us many points to try match a high bid for Ashcroft though.

Applying your logic, pick 22 is actually pick 24 this year. I don't think that's enough for a future first round pick, especially if Collingwood don't have any worthwhile future picks to send back.
Let's say NM doesn't bid on Daicos at 1, we could probably do Pick 22 + Pick 36 for BRIS future 1st + Pick 50.

If there is an early bid we probably can't do this trade.

This is probably also contingent on there being a player you really rate at 22 (1st round slider).

Let's say NM doesn't bid on Daicos at 1, we could probably do Pick 22 + Pick 36 for BRIS future 1st + Pick 50.

If there is an early bid we probably can't do this trade.

We're at most taking three picks at the draft (limited list spots) so we wouldn't be able to use 36 at the draft.

Along with Ashcroft, we might have to match a bid on another F/S (Jaspa Fletcher). Trading out ~1000-1200 points for next year might see us dig ourselves a hole similar to what Collingwood were in (and potentially with less list spots to manoeuvre with).

Actually he's played against men as well, where he "comfortably" outperformed Horne against the Geelong VFL side.

Keep talking out of your behind lol.
I thought both Horne and Daicos were good actually. I wouldn't say Daicos outperformed Horne, and certainly not "comfortably".

Fahey best for Academy for mine though, and I liked what Williams and Rachele managed as well.

We're at most taking three picks at the draft (limited list spots) so we wouldn't be able to use 36 at the draft.

Along with Ashcroft, we might have to match a bid on another F/S (Jaspa Fletcher). Trading out ~1000-1200 points for next year might see us dig ourselves a hole similar to what Collingwood were in (and potentially with less list spots to manoeuvre with).
i dont want to hear any of this, just give us ur future 1st pls

This is my understanding (could be totally wrong) …

List subtractions (Currently 9)

Retirements (2 senior list spots)

- Mayne
- Greenwood
- (Tohill was Cat B)

Delistings (0 senior list spots)

- none yet

Out of contract (7 senior list spots)

- Brayden Sier
- Darcy Cameron
- Jack Madgen
- Jay Rantall
- Josh Thomas
- Mason Cox
- Max Lynch
- (Isaac Chugg is a rookie)
- (John Noble is a rookie)

List additions

Trade (1)

- Krueger

Draft

- N.Daicos
- Player picked up for spent list spot 22
- Player picked up for spent list spot 36
- Player picked up for spent list spot 43
- Player picked up for spent list spot 46
- Player picked up for spent list spot 48
- Player picked up for spent list spot 55
- Player picked up for spent list spot 58

Last edited:
I know they’re fourth round picks, but still, death riding an opposition team sure beats tanking.

No idea what you mean. I just don't understand why each club did not keep their own 4'th rounder.

Maybe they both expect to finish higher than the other next season, so they both think this will give them an extra advantage. Like a little side bet to see who wins out.

Anyway, you seem upset that I would question a trade, but I was only puzzled by that small detail. Good luck to the Pies. At least they are getting deals done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back