List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - clusterheck
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Yes Jackson would cost a fortune. Mature ruck through the draft with a bit of mongrel would be a gap filler until a young ruck hopefully develops.
In what reality does Jackson even want to come to us?

Build through the draft, win some games, become a destination club and pick off a few required cherries.

How easy is that!

In a perfect world we finish bottom this year, English nominates us, and we get him for nothing in the pre season draft. Then we use our high draft picks to start a proper rebuild

Fanciful, I know. But one can dream
I'm having threesomes at home every night while my wife watches.

Still dreaming, still waiting

We're not the type of team to do that
In the eventuality we finish last ( I don’t think this is likely because there is still too much talent when players are back), I could not see the Bulldogs getting anywhere near their desired recompense for English, ’good guy’ club or not. A first round pick in the teens would be the best they could expect if this was to occur.

Honestly depends which team holds the first pick, and what their needs are.

If North or Gold Coast have pick one, they don’t need another inside mid.

However Port do, having loaded up on outside mids and flankers in recent years.

Bit of consensus on the draft board that Wardlaw, Tsatas and Ashcroft are the top 3 talents in this year’s draft. Certainly among the Rookie Me Central draft watchers.

Tsatas might have a higher ceiling, but Wardlaw has a greater chance of reaching his ceiling than Tsatas.
I've only watched the Oakleigh vs Sandy game of Tsatas, so will hold my absolute final opinion after watching him a few more times. But my initial outtake and only knock on Tsatas is he's very outside, and his decision making under pressure isn't great.
Knows how to find it and has great speed, so has some great AFL tools.
Probably not someone I looked at and thought would be a good pick for West Coast (if we finish with a top 3 pick).
Wardlaw or Hewett are more in our needs wheelhouse, stoppage midfielders.

Plus we got Chesser last year.

In the eventuality we finish last ( I don’t think this is likely because there is still too much talent when players are back), I could not see the Bulldogs getting anywhere near their desired recompense for English, ’good guy’ club or not. A first round pick in the teens would be the best they could expect if this was to occur.
Maybe, but like you said we're not going to finish last

Nope, genuinely interested in why you think the Bulldogs are going to give up a player coming into his prime that you yourself said is a "superstar" for just a late first round pick.
It would be like us accepting a late first round pick for Oscar Allen, I imagine that wouldn't be much of a popular move around her
On the list of players out of contract above
Retire:
JK
Hurn
Shuey
Redden
Delist:
Jamieson
Winder
Trew
B Williams trade/delist

If others want to leave see you later.

Need a ruck Jackson would be number one but don’t know how we could get him. English next target, both would be good but goodbye draft picks.
I don’t know if the club has thought of this, midfielders, midfielders, midfielders and if in doubt
With the current list and the pending retirements, the WC list must surely be the worst in the comp. Terrible recruitment and management. Just shocking really.

Why do we assume the dogs would want picks IF English decides to come home?

I would of thought the asking price would be something like Tom Barrass since they are in the window and replacing a player about/in his prime with another developing pick is the last of their wants.

FWIW I would prefer we go to the draft.

Why do we assume the dogs would want picks IF English decides to come home?

I would of thought the asking price would be something like Tom Barrass since they are in the window and replacing a player about/in his prime with another developing pick is the last of their wants.

FWIW I would prefer we go to the draft.
We won’t be trading Barrass, and nor does he want to go, the Bulldogs may have to take what they are offered or get nothing

With the current list and the pending retirements, the WC list must surely be the worst in the comp. Terrible recruitment and management. Just shocking really.
The Kelly trade was ******* stupid .

1 . For paying so much in draft capital when he was out of contract and only coming to us

2 . Paying him such a big contract in length and $

If I'm not correct that moron from gold coast who we had on the list for a couple of years was part of the negotiations.

Which teams got rid of ALL their senior players?

When did Richmond move on Delideo?
Ok, so I was too broad with my generalisation. But teams like Melbourne and Carlton moved players on and invested too heavily in the draft. Surely there has to be a balance. Move on players by all means but cutting too many players currently in your best 18-22 is going to far in one direction in my opinion.

In the next three years as long as these players are either traded/retired, dont care in what order.

Kennedy
Hurn
Nic Nat
Shuey
Redden
McGovern
Cripps
Gaff
Darling

We need to hit the draft and hard!! Its time to bottom out and get potential A graders, while also trying to pinch players of the same ilk as Robertson/Bruhn on the cheap. Its 2010 again lads, build it and they will come!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the VFL are pushing for Norf to get a priority pick this year............ after they got rid of all their senior players......... F@#K OFF KENTS
1650252531006.gif

Norf’s current situation is entirely their own doing. Why do they deserve to be rewarded with a priority pick for poor decisions?

#VICBIAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back