Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarvis....seems amazing he's brought in from the clouds to play the Tigers in that H & SA gamer last year, but isn't considered at the start of this season with many regulars injured or suspended.
And it seems like his natural game is to play that sort of Tom Lynch (Adelaide) lead up and link role... which is exactly what we're missing. Just mustn't be travelling that well at the moment I guess

Scott should go!
We’re too old and slow!
We should’ve lost by more!
Premiers never lose!
Premierships are won in April!
We’ll never win another premiership!
Scott was gifted it!
Having 7 of your best 22 out doesn’t make a difference!
Our game plan is no good!
It’s Scott’s fault!
Definitely not the fault of the players or the other coaches (who are Geelong premiership players)!
I only post on here when we lose!
Demons are so good! I would love to follow a basket case of a club like them coz it’s awesome not making finals for years on end...

Am I doing it right?

You forgot our Ruck stocks are lower than the toilet paper shelf during lockdown.
But not bad for a beginner.

1. Shorter pre-season is no excuse. In this day-and-age players don't return unfit.

2. Formwise we deserve to be 0-4.

3. The rule changes have exposed weaknesses we've had for some time but which we've managed to cover until now.

4. The fact we regurgitate the likes of Zuthrie and some claim "undermanned" indicates we lack real depth.

5. Loving the way my 2nd love, the Dish Lickers, are playing. My bet @ $11 on them for the silverware is helping me deal with the mediocre stuff we're producing.:)

Yes they do and all teams would deal with players who return to pre-season unfit or not at the expected fitness

This was Chris Fagan last month when talking about Cockatoo & it seems pretty clear that he didn't turn up after Christmas as he was expected to:

“It’s a pity that we didn’t train before Christmas as I think it would’ve been really helpful to have three or four weeks with Nakia to understand his body a bit, especially for our physio and conditioning guys.

He started training in January, he was a little bit below the standard we would’ve hoped, but that wasn’t his fault as he had a few things going on in his life.

Players are humans, they're not robots and not going to be in athlete mode 100% of the time, 365 days a year. So yeah, some will turn up not at the level the coaches would like

I was there this afternoon and we never looked like it.

Dalhouse has lost his pace, which was once a weapon.

Zac Guthrie is patently not AFL standard.

Close is very good with his hands and was not the worst.

The back-line is short of at least one classy defender with a bit of dash. Bews is just a battler.

Narkle lacks devil, passion or something... seems to wander around. He did so some nice things but I'm in two minds.

We were very poor in the centre and we let the ball out of our forward line too easily. I saw some rather feeble efforts at times.

We went round the boundary nearly every time, sometime when there was no need for it. Hawkins got the ball in pockets.

Too many of our chaps lack depth in their kicking.

I could go on but today we looked like a bottom 8 team and I fear that is where we will finish.

I would like to see Jarvis, Krueger and Holmes again but the coaching group are so very conservative.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish they would play our guys in their best positions instead of moving the deck chairs. I say it every single year. What’s the point of having 2e, Henry, and Clarke forward when none have a natural goal sense. Atkins back when he gets wrapped up as soon as he touches the ball. Moc in the middle getting beaten when we’re crying out for a take away. Yes we have injuries/suspensions but We never look good shuffling defenders all over the place. No cohesion at all.

Jarvis....seems amazing he's brought in from the clouds to play the Tigers in that H & SA gamer last year, but isn't considered at the start of this season with many regulars injured or suspended.
Not sure if he was returning from injury himself as he didn't play in our senior practice match against Essendon

He had a good hit out in the VFL the week before Easter with 4 goals, but reading a few write-ups about yesterdays match which was played in less than perfect conditions, seems he left a bit too be desired

I just wish they would play our guys in their best positions instead of moving the deck chairs. I say it every single year. What’s the point of having 2e, Henry, and Clarke forward when none have a natural goal sense. Atkins back when he gets wrapped up as soon as he touches the ball. Moc in the middle getting beaten when we’re crying out for a take away. Yes we have injuries/suspensions but We never look good shuffling defenders all over the place. No cohesion at all.

Both looked lost to me but the way the ball was was being delivered its not surprising really.

Can't stand losing. And at the same time I come out of games like today loving the football club more than before.

It's been many a long year since we've been tagged with something like St Kilda was tagged with last week, and like a lot of clubs - including Melbourne - have been tagged with. That tag is a clear lack of effort and leadership. Both of which we have.

It was a bad day. It's been a long time since we've had the worst days.

Some A+ talent to come into the team next week and get back on track, and build from there.

Not defending Enright but our forward line hasn't settled all year. Today was no different. And with fresh faces you need some pretty good delivery.

I honestly thought our inside fifty entries were the worst I have seen in a long time. We played into Melbourne's hands by bombing it to no one far too many times.

And I'm not making excuses here - the forwards didn't present good options either.

Agree that we don't look settled to forward, but I wonder with Enright & the forward structure is how assertive he is in regards to who he wants to play and how he wants it to look

As I said with Scarlett you get a real sense of ownership over our defensive structure & players, and that if he wants Kolodjashniji in the side, then he's in the side

Obviously we're missing Cameron up forward, while Ratugolea is also returning from injury may have been seen as a Cameron alternative until our new #5 was available, but does Enright put the case forward that we've been training for a 2 key forward & 1 medium structure all preseason & he'd like to keep as close to that structure as possible whether that means Jenkins, Fort or even Stanley or Krueger play up forward in place of Cameron until he's back

Because it seems we planned for a certain forward structure but now have no real back up option with Cameron, Rohan and even Dangerfield unavailable

Let me ask.........when did you start watching footy?
Lol
Let me ask.........when did you start watching footy?

Damn! I should’ve known the only way to measure someone’s football knowledge is by asking when they started watching footy!

You got me good!

Ok, I’ve been watching footy about 4 weeks, I started following the Hawks but found they give up too easily...

I stand by this statement!

Really liked the games from Close and Atkins. Kolo was good again he’s starting to really hit the contest hard and take good marks.

I like Narkle and he’d get back to better football if he played consistently but he also didn’t do enough to stay in.

Is Tuohy a good enough midfielder to play in that role? He’s a good player but like many others he’s struggling for a role.

Dahlhaus’ effort was good today he just didn’t have any clean disposals. With some good players hopefully coming back they should get better. And outs seem obvious to me but who knows how the mc will go.

Kolo was garbage today.
He played on Tom McDonald for the majority of the match and was given a bath.
Constantly caught flat-footed and lead to the ball by TomMac.
With zonal defences on the wane with faster ball movement, he is quickly becoming a liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back