Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of getting Jamie Elliott?
Apart from Brenton Sanderson who played all of 4 games for the Pies in 94, I can’t remember the last Collingwood player recruited by Geelong. We just don’t seem to recruit Pies

Don’t see any options that would get a game ahead of Stanley. Any ruck who comes in would be back up to our maddening, fragile number 1.
Yep. We should be familiar with this game by now. Chasing B and C-grade ruckmen is futile. Unless there’s a genuine A-grader available (which there’s not this year) it should a wide berth.

Cheers Turbo, so would you see either Suns or Roos pick Bailey and let's say he picks us, would they go after him then.

Honestly do not know how it pans out.. Im not so worried about North if he selects us .. Suns have a heap of picks a pick in the 20's is like a pick in the 40's to us. Add that they know him and has been settled in qld.... to these picks we still have to add trades in and comp picks
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.21.10 pm.png

People thinking of McCarthy as a straight swap for the latest pick available maybe to consider Brisbane's position here. Connor McFadyen is an academy player they have to bid for probably going in the 20s or 30s plus like 3 or 4 other academy players. They probably don't want to keep pick 40 the same way we're thinking we don't want early 20s picks because of Scott

It is a weird obsession. Why just Grundy? Why don’t we sook about Fyfe? Or the other 10 or so best players in league who could have played for us in another universe.

Yeah no point crying it is what it is, I do find it interesting to look back at though how with a few tweaks things could be so different.

2013 is the draft where geelong could of struck absolute gold.

Took darcy Lang at (16)

Zach Merrett went (26)
Matt Crouch went ( 23 )

Dunston (18)
Acres (19)
Dan Mcstay (25)
Lewis Taylor (28)
Rory Lobb (29)
George Hewett (32)
Nankervis (35)

At our second pick we took Jansen (36), kolo (41)

Pick (43) Tom barrass
Pick (44) allir allir
Pick ( 47) Ben Brown

Darcy Byrne Jones went (52)

We used our (54) on rookie elevating Josh Walker

Fantasia ( 55 )
Sicily (56)
Tom Langdon (65)

Now it doesn't bother me either way is what it is but would of been nice to get one or two go our way

Lang, Jansen, Walker,

Kolo still going strong

Clubs have long memories and they won't burn bridges for a player of his calibre. If he requests a trade to Brisbane, the clubs will work something out.

In most of the articles detailing him his friendship with lachie neale is his most quality attribute lol

Honestly do not know how it pans out.. Im not so worried about North if he selects us .. Suns have a heap of picks a pick in the 20's is like a pick in the 40's to us. Add that they know him and has been settled in qld.... to these picks we still have to add trades in and comp picks
View attachment 560754

Add Tom lynch 3 compo

And a possible May deal as well with the pies

Is he more talented but just as injury prone as Mcarthy.
Would give my left nut to get Elliott, maybe even my right, the guy is a genuine gun when fit, he has that x factor in the forward line that we lack, dont think we are any chance though unfortunately, he seems to be entrenched in the pies culture, tatts and all!!!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been many Father Son picks that eg have said they want to be picked up there club ( let's say Ablett) and the club does say they want them to, and then another club has try picking them up?

i think the short answer is no ... the system was different back with Ablett ..no bidding

foxdog50 - I'm pretty sure that the first iteration of the "bidding system" saw club/s bid on Wallis & Libba forcing the Dogs to use their first 2 picks (22 & 41) to draft them rather than let those 2 slide in the draft with the Dogs able to have a free hit in the first round.

After the draft picks points system, Josh Dunkley is the only player I can think of that has been bidded on by another club & the bid wasn't matched by the fathers club. The following is taken from wiki:

He also spent time with Sydney's youth academy and played six games for Richmond's VFL team in 2015.[3] In the lead-up to the 2015 AFL draft, Dunkley attracted keen interest from a number of clubs, especially his father's former club Sydney, but when the Western Bulldogs bid for Dunkley with the 25th selection,[4] Sydney chose not to match the bid. After losing players like Nick Malceski and Adam Goodes, the club were looking for players with strong kicking skills and although Dunkley was under serious consideration, it was felt that his kicking skills needed improvement. He thus became the first player under the new father–son drafting rules to have a draft bid placed on him which was not matched by his father's former club.

Say the Bulldogs used picked 35 or 48 then Sydney may have matched, but because of how early the Dogs nominated to take him, Sydney decided to either not match or that maybe they didn't have the currency to really match as their next picks were 51 & 56.

I wish we would try and get Mitch McGovern would be very handy

He is on $650k per season & the Crows want a pick in the range of 10 - 15; happy to pass

Would give my left nut to get Elliott, maybe even my right, the guy is a genuine gun when fit, he has that x factor in the forward line that we lack, dont think we are any chance though unfortunately, he seems to be entrenched in the pies culture, tatts and all!!!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't doubt his talent one bit. Completely missed 2016 and 2018. Played 17 games in 3 seasons that's mcarthy average

foxdog50 - I'm pretty sure that the first iteration of the "bidding system" saw club/s bid on Wallis & Libba forcing the Dogs to use their first 2 picks (22 & 41) to draft them rather than let those 2 slide in the draft with the Dogs able to have a free hit in the first round.

After the draft picks points system, Josh Dunkley is the only player I can think of that has been bidded on by another club & the bid wasn't matched by the fathers club. The following is taken from wiki:

Say the Bulldogs used picked 35 or 48 then Sydney may have matched, but because of how early the Dogs nominated to take him, Sydney decided to either not match or that maybe they didn't have the currency to really match as their next picks were 51 & 56.

Most decent FSons have had bids on them since its introduction.. Cordy was bid on in R1.. but I cant think too many situations where the club was keen and missed . The Swans basically let it be known they would not match if the bid was too early.

I can’t see it. Abbott and Stanley re-signed, Smith with a year to run. Doesn’t make sense.

Trade in a no1 ruck Stanley becomes ruck/fwd and Abbott backup (you need three on a list) trade Smith for pick 60ish somewhere (yes he has to agree to it as he's contracted). You'd only do it if you can get a quality ruck in (Goldstein, Martin, maybe Preuss would be the names for this as I don't think Darcy is gettable) as if he's another B grader like Stanley it's not worth the effort.

Don’t see any options that would get a game ahead of Stanley. Any ruck who comes in would be back up to our maddening, fragile number 1.

Goldstein would.

Dylan Shiel def leaving GWS.
No need for him?
No desire for him?
Exquisite disposal, elite mid.
Plonk Selwood HBF, Danger FF, GAJ HFF
Mids including Kelly, Duncan, SS, Menegola, Shiel, Guthrie???

Dylan Shiel def leaving GWS.
No need for him?
No desire for him?
Exquisite disposal, elite mid.
Plonk Selwood HBF, Danger FF, GAJ HFF
Mids including Kelly, Duncan, SS, Menegola, Shiel, Guthrie???

He'd useful but reportedly wants 1mil a year. I'd rather spend that on an A grade KPF if i can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back