Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate just because they're draftees we don’t have to draft skinny rakes, we do that to often.
Most of these kids in the top 30/40 are already close to men.
Thing is with Gould he's been playing SANFL with a crack Glenelg team that might win their first flag in over 30 years, and this kid is one of their guns.
Check out the Glenelg FC website, 91% efficency over pool of 14 games is ridiculously brilliant.
If he played like that in our VFL squad he'd be in the mix for senior selection without a doubt.
Green's another l like great stoppage player with Joel getting towards the end.
Wins alot of ball like Gould.
No way Gould's only good at U18 level if that's what you're trying to say.

To be fair I know sweet fa about Gould, just know that a lot of guys who are big at that level dominate & it’s very different when they hit the big time, Fog worries me because height wise he looks a 3rd tall who can mark taller than he is and is a lovely kick does that make up for his downsides? Only time will tell.

IF Harry retire and hendo leaves then I happily look at Dougal Howard does a lot of thing right as a defender but is an awful kick.

To be fair I know sweet fa about Gould, just know that a lot of guys who are big at that level dominate & it’s very different when they hit the big time, Fog worries me because height wise he looks a 3rd tall who can mark taller than he is and is a lovely kick does that make up for his downsides? Only time will tell.

Nuh that's fine mate that's always the question over big units like Gould.

You got to remember he was 16 yr old and represented SA when they won the carnival in 2018, and was selected All Aust back then. He wasn't the biggest then hey!
This year at 18 he's imposing himself as a senior not playing junior footy or reserves like the rest.
Will be interesting to see how he performs in their GF, so far very consistent stats.

Yes Fogarty isn't that tall but aggressive and strong overhead 3rd tall but can play key like Tex whose not that tall either.
It's all just speculative but l hope Wells doesn't do his usual small forward/mid thing.

Let me reverse.. let say a med type for like him is our #1 priority.. what are you prepared to do to get him ..He is multi year contracted , Adelaide say go away .. Fogarty say ..Im interested in your offer if you can make it happen...
Id offer up a first rounder for fogarty without a doubt

They definitely need a Ruckman... Their Rucks are worse than ours.
In fact, their Rucks could cost them the game this weekend against the Pies. Mumford and Simpson are terrible this year.

Both likely to retire too (simpson already has).

I think he is off limits fullstop.

I suspect so to ...but all are entitled to an opinion... but id like them to be less idealistic... express how it is to be done... I could say lets go get Ben King this year and I like the look this guys or that... so OK ..they look good but how do we do it. A youngish player under contract .. it would have to be way overs imo... and he is not a ways over player for mine...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i think hendo will stay now as he sees a future with the club, lose tonight and I think we see the last of Harry and Garry...
Yep.
Although, I reckon GAJ may think about 1 more year, but I am not sure the club will give him a contract, unless its a bare-bones contract, but unlikely. List spots will be tight imho if we can get high draft picks from existing picks and on TK trade.

The impatience is fine but no offence to Constable but he wasn’t high pick. If you are drafted top 10 and don’t get game then fair enough. But drafted 2nd round or later and there’s is probably a reason you went there. Work on you’re deficiencies and you’ll get a game.

The impatience is fine but no offence to Constable but he wasn’t high pick. If you are drafted top 10 and don’t get game then fair enough. But drafted 2nd round or later and there’s is probably a reason you went there. Work on you’re deficiencies and you’ll get a game.

Agree but its doesnt seem to be the modern mindset... Im not the problem ..they are the problem for not picking me..

One thing I do agree with old players like KB on... the MC doesnt pick you... you pick yourself... do what they have asked you to do and do it well..

Last edited:
Perhaps we can trade them one of ours, and get back into 3rd round, or use that pick for Jack Steven.

Saints need a ruck. Trade one of our spud rucks and a R3 for Steven imo.

Our future is bright if Chook can stay, Fogarty Clark Miers Sav Narkle Henry Parfitt all under 22,get Nakia's body right bonus add in a few 1st rd picks....
Add youngster's for the next year or two and chase a few big fish in the next two to three years after that and we're on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back