Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had one of the best defences in the league this year, i dont see the status quo being that bad. So long as we bring in some youth underneath it then i dont see a problem. Bringing in youth who then has to play because of the worlds most predictable injury to a 34 year old KPD is a recipe for disaster in most cases. Not just for the team, but potentially for that players long term development.

Keeping Hendo around gives us a viable option if Taylor goes down, and keeps the pressure on Blicavs and Kolo to perform or be dropped. There is simply no logical reason to remove Henderson from the list at this stage.

A guy who is just about our oldest player ..borderline best 22... is backed up by a 30 year old who was not best 22. Its poor draft management for mine.. bring in a younger mature guy if you must.

Can you tell Chris Scott that.... As 99% think that as well...
The fact you were 21 up at half time and blew it is largely down to Scott. I get Richmond are good, but Blicavs could’ve been used to stop Lynch tanning your hides by kicking 5.

There was 18 points in that game, 18 points that should’ve been held through proper structural decisions. Honestly I think we should be talking about Geelong beating GWS by 89 points. I get that you’ve got to win it, but it’s hard to when your best players are played out of position.

The fact you were 21 up at half time and blew it is largely down to Scott. I get Richmond are good, but Blicavs could’ve been used to stop Lynch tanning your hides by kicking 5.

There was 18 points in that game, 18 points that should’ve been held through proper structural decisions. Honestly I think we should be talking about Geelong beating GWS by 89 points. I get that you’ve got to win it, but it’s hard to when your best players are played out of position.
Gee you must feel our frustration of been a Cats fan with Chris Scott... Can we trade you him for 86 and a packet of Burger Rings?

Gee you must feel our frustration of been a Cats fan with Chris Scott... Can we trade you him for 86 and a packet of Burger Rings?
I have always liked Geelong so keep an eye on them. Them and the Eagles. I just think he pulls really left field moves when he should stick to the basics. I mean I think you’ve been genuinely disappointing come finals at times, but he makes some tactical blunders, I.e the Blicavs call. I mean a D2 Ammo coach would put their best defender on a forward breaking it open right?

A lot better forward than hendo. Still think they should have brought in smith for PF and played stanley forward

They are both rubbish forwards.

Something tells me he knows his body won't hold up so he wants the security.

Because he wants a massive deal? A lot of players are asking for 7 years now. Heck Franklin got 9 years and he has been fine for the most part.

Correct me if I am wrong but Grundy isn’t particular injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extraordinary. They must have kissed the dick of a fairy.

Mmmm after some of the posts tonight I'll let the interpretation for that for others to adjudicate....o_O

Rich as in the zone... its seems they are stubbing their toe on Gold Nuggets atm..

My point is there is one position later for any picks ..post 20 or so...

I have always liked Geelong so keep an eye on them. Them and the Eagles. I just think he pulls really left field moves when he should stick to the basics. I mean I think you’ve been genuinely disappointing come finals at times, but he makes some tactical blunders, I.e the Blicavs call. I mean a D2 Ammo coach would put their best defender on a forward breaking it open right?
Shhh he's wonderful at what he does when it matters most and mission accomplished and all that.

Mmmm after some of the posts tonight I'll let the interpretation for that for others to adjudicate....o_O

Rich as in the zone... its seems they are stubbing their toe on Gold Nuggets atm..

My point is there is one position later for any picks ..post 20 or so...

Frustrating isn’t it. The draft just gets more and more compromised.

For me. Part of our biggest weakness last season was that we didn't have enough attack out of the backline. It was largely offset by a stout group down back which performed well, and some of that was Harry's football brain, but IMO we really should be looking to address that imbalance in the team this offseason. To me, that means tough decisions on guys like Taylor, Henderson and maybe even Bews. All of them can play but none of them offer much in terms of rebound.

If we rebuilt the backline as follows:
FB: Henry Blicavs O'Connor
HB: Clarke Kolodjashnij Stewart
*Touhy as the 7th defender.

I think that's a better group. I feel like O'Connor is going to take a step this season as a counter-attacking player, Touhy will be better with a pre-season and a 1 y.o rather than newborn while Clarke gives us a hell of a lot more run and carry. It might concede a little more and be less dominant in the air but I think the team will benefit overall. And for god's sake, no Blicavs on the wing or in the ruck.

We're re-signed Bews and Harry though so I'm not confident we will make the necessary changes.

Outstanding post. Agree with every single word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustrating isn’t it. The draft just gets more and more compromised.

The draft is ideally a way of distributing talent ... but the whole "leave after two years thing" is so different from when we built thru the draft ..its almost lost its original purpose. Its still the only way to access young talent so Im on the draft wagon... but really between FS and NGA and FA comp .. its really losing it battle for equality imo. Rich as a finalist should get no comp if the lose a player. Full stop. And I think there should be a restiction on the number of FA's you can access... or perhaps .. you have a penalty that adds a percentage of wage to their cap. Players being willing to pay for less than worth is really a SC avoidance measure. Who will be the next free gift for them,,probably next year..

The draft is ideally a way of distributing talent ... but the whole "leave after two years thing" is so different from when we built thru the draft ..its almost lost its original purpose. Its still the only way to access young talent so Im on the draft wagon... but really between FS and NGA and FA comp .. its really losing it battle for equality imo. Rich as a finalist should get no comp if the lose a player. Full stop. And I think there should be a restiction on the number of FA's you can access... or perhaps .. you have a penalty that adds a percentage of wage to their cap. Players being willing to pay for less than worth is really a SC avoidance measure. Who will be the next free gift for them,,probably next year..

Completely agree with all points. You get Lynch as a FA and then get an end of first rounder for Ellis the following year! Good on them for exploiting the rules but ffs!!!

It seems a lot of people want us to only have players below 25 years old(full rebuild)

How many players do we have above 25 in the side and below? I think we would really lose a big chunk of our side if we did that..once they get over 30... we need to be tempering it a bit .unless you are succeeding. I doubt Rich has any worries.

We had one of the best defences in the league this year, i dont see the status quo being that bad. So long as we bring in some youth underneath it then i dont see a problem. Bringing in youth who then has to play because of the worlds most predictable injury to a 34 year old KPD is a recipe for disaster in most cases. Not just for the team, but potentially for that players long term development.

Keeping Hendo around gives us a viable option if Taylor goes down, and keeps the pressure on Blicavs and Kolo to perform or be dropped. There is simply no logical reason to remove Henderson from the list at this stage.

Logical reasons
- To free up cap space
- Make room for a younger player
- Gain draft capital
- Keep him happy

He's too good to be playing VFL and unless he's ready to retire I can't see how he'd be happy with that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back