Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knevitt really doesn’t excite me. Very Constable like from this footage. Poor disposal, lack of composure, tall but not dominant.

People on hear are seduced by a 193 mid playing for the falcons thinking he’s the next bont or Cripps but forget those players are special. What’s important is how they play. There is nothing bont or cripps like from the way he plays from this footage. Can’t afford another bust with our first pick or get seduced by the fact he plays for the falcons

Isn't Knevitt an obscenely better athlete though? If Chook could run he would be a different player

Getting pretty confident that we'll take one DFA, and that it'll likely be Schlensog (given Wells' public commentary on us being interested and Brander going to GWS). With that being the case, I do expect that two of our three late 30's picks will be used to get further up the board this year, whilst also getting us in the draft next year - that's the most likely play IMO. I.e. Dogs Pick 23 and Future 3rd, for 32 and 34 (don't think it'll be with the Dogs, but just using this as an example given our list spot predicament).

Allows us to basically get a free hit at Schlensog, whilst keeping our later pick 50 that will move up to 44 or 43 once bids come in . Gives us 22, 23, 30, 43, Schlensog and a Future 3rd (again as an example of what's possible). That would be an amazing outcome

Last edited:
Getting pretty confident that we'll take one DFA, and that it'll likely be Schlensog (given Wells' public commentary on us being interested and Brander going to GWS). With that being the case, I do expect that our two late 30's picks will be used to get further up the board this year, while also getting us in the draft next year - that's the most likely play IMO. I.e. Dogs Pick 23 and Future 3rd, for 32 and 34 (don't think it'll be with the Dogs, but just using this as an example given our list spot predicament).

Allows us to basically get a free hit at Schlensog, whilst keeping our later pick 50 that will move up to 44 or 43 once bids come in . Gives us 22, 23, 30, 43, Schlensog and a Future 3rd (again as an example of what's possible). That would be an amazing outcome

Aren't we already committed to taking Stengle as a free agent

Bombers are on the rise too imo. They’re second rounder next year won’t be great.
To be honest though if it's 34 a future second is unlikely to be later and it will be in a draft with better vision on it with half a year this year and a full year next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

foodles05 - tell me about Harvey Harrison. You would have seen him. Highlights look impressive and is the type we need - pace, win own footy, good by foot. Why isn’t he rated higher amongst the Draft gurus?

Couldn't tell you. I think he is a real player. Lacked self belief a lot and that has held him back but I always thought he was a better prospect than Hugh Jackson. I just think it's his reduced production in the second half of the year and a little question mark over his kicking (of which I think there is no question but that's what recruiters tell me) . A little mentally fragile but has serious AFL attributes and with a later pick I would definitely take him. His run and carry would arguably be the best in the draft. He can explode from stoppage and just keep going and going and going. Haven't watched him closely enough to know how he rates inside the contest other than he can win his own ball and can rack up clearances. However like I said I haven't forensically analysed right inside the contest and how much first ball he wins. However it doesn't matter cause he is elite on the inside. The main question I guess is for an outside mid he can be sloppy but foot but I think that is much much more concentration and decision making than technique. Whether he can learn to make better decisions and slow down once in space will be the thing but I have no reason to doubt he will. Want him

Couldn't tell you. I think he is a real player. Lacked self belief a lot and that has held him back but I always thought he was a better prospect than Hugh Jackson. I just think it's his reduced production in the second half of the year and a little question mark over his kicking (of which I think there is no question but that's what recruiters tell me) . A little mentally fragile but has serious AFL attributes and with a later pick I would definitely take him. His run and carry would arguably be the best in the draft. He can explode from stoppage and just keep going and going and going. Haven't watched him closely enough to know how he rates inside the contest other than he can win his own ball and can rack up clearances. However like I said I haven't forensically analysed right inside the contest and how much first ball he wins. However it doesn't matter cause he is elite on the inside. The main question I guess is for an outside mid he can be sloppy but foot but I think that is much much more concentration and decision making than technique. Whether he can learn to make better decisions and slow down once in space will be the thing but I have no reason to doubt he will. Want him

His kicking technique looks pretty sound to me, particularly when he’s running a million miles an hour. As you say, looks good inside. Made a few ordinary decisions but he’s only young. No idea on his production though? He looks like he should be able to rack up decent numbers even if he isn’t just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back