Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at that pic, Kroeger looks quite a bit bigger than Willis and Whyte. I can see Kroeger being able to develop into a Josh Hunt style defender. Whereas, Willis and Whyte will probably push for midfield and pocket type roles, and maybe Whyte is more an Outside midfielder.

Willis is thicker in the legs compared to Whyte, but Whyte might be more developed in the upper body. I'd say Willis might be faster, or at least in burst acceleration when comparing the two.

Conway looks like a man mountain.

Maybe Dempsey needs two off-seasons of muscle development, but the others could very well push for Seniors if their form suggests so. If Dempsey is banging goals left right centre, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a few games at end of year to, but let's see, always good to be a bit wishful.

View attachment 1291099
Knevitt's listed at 193cm yet he looks tiny next to Conway. Seriously massive unit.

Just looking at that pic, Kroeger looks quite a bit bigger than Willis and Whyte. I can see Kroeger being able to develop into a Josh Hunt style defender. Whereas, Willis and Whyte will probably push for midfield and pocket type roles, and maybe Whyte is more an Outside midfielder.

Willis is thicker in the legs compared to Whyte, but Whyte might be more developed in the upper body. I'd say Willis might be faster, or at least in burst acceleration when comparing the two.

Maybe Dempsey needs two off-seasons of muscle development, but the others could very well push for Seniors if their form suggests so. If Dempsey is banging goals left right centre, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a few games at end of year to, but let's see, always good to be a bit wishful.

View attachment 1291099
Knevitt's listed at 193cm yet he looks tiny next to Conway. Seriously massive unit.
im pretty sure the image in photoshoped. that or knevitt shrunk 10cm or kroeger grew 10

View attachment 1291099
They all have big frames but Conway is something else …he’s going to be a big boy

Reckon they might be doing something with a weird camera lens. No way Whyte Dempsey should look as tall a Knevitt. I think they're standing along a curve and the wider angle lens is straightening it back out maybe

So Cameron, Knevitt and Willis vs Callaghan, Stone and Angwin.

We actually did poorly on the trade as we committed so much salary cap space.

Gotta disagree. We're about to be buried in salary cap space over the next few years - so it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Also, as PO pointed out, Callaghan came for one of three picks in the pick trade. If it was Callaghan for Pick 25, then that would be nuts.

As it stands, it's simpler to look at the person who Collingwood drafted with our pick from GWS - which was Reef McInnes from memory.

So it ends up being:

J. Cameron, Willis, Conway

vs

Stone, Angwin and McInnes

Time will tell, but, I'm taking the top group every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Cameron will be there as a transition for the next group of key forwards like Neale, Sav, and whatever key forwards we likely draft over the next couple of years. If Willis and Conway work out in the long term, we will have absolutely smashed that trade out of the park.

As with all things footy though, we won't know for years to come...

Last edited:
Reckon they might be doing something with a weird camera lens. No way Whyte Dempsey should look as tall a Knevitt. I think they're standing along a curve and the wider angle lens is straightening it back out maybe
You may be right, although maybe Kroeger has grown a cm or 2, and closer to Dempsey's height around 185-186cm... I reckon Kroeger will end up similar to a Josh Hunt build tbh, maybe not 100kgs worth, but around 92-95kgs is a real possibility...

Gotta disagree. We're about to be buried in salary cap space over the next few years - so it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Also, as PO pointed out, Callaghan came for one of three picks in the pick trade. If it was Callaghan for Pick 25, then that would be nuts.

As it stands, it's simpler to look at the person who Collingwood drafted with our pick from GWS - which was Reef McInnes from memory.

So it ends up being:

J. Cameron, Willis, Conway

vs

Stone, Angwin and McInnes

Time will tell, but, I'm taking the top group every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Cameron will be there as a transition for the next group of key forwards like Neale, Sav, and whatever key forwards we likely draft over the next couple of years. If Willis and Conway work out in the long term, we will have absolutely smashed that trade out of the park.

As with all things footy though, we won't know for years to come...
Of course salary cap matters. When we traded for dangerfield we did so to allow salary cap flexibility instead of pricing adelaide out of the market.

We tried to price GWS out of it and they matched. We played a huge salary and a huge amount at the trade table. Far from ideal.

Agree with the rest. Though callaghan was selected indirectly with our pick and lucky for use GWS didn't select Henry.

im pretty sure the image in photoshoped. that or knevitt shrunk 10cm or kroeger grew 10
You may be right, although maybe Kroeger has grown a cm or 2, and closer to Dempsey's height around 185-186cm... I reckon Kroeger will end up similar to a Josh Hunt build tbh, maybe not 100kgs worth, but around 92-95kgs is a real possibility...

68BEF424-D8BA-40FC-8B81-16ABE9749AE7.png
Think this photo is more pure and shows the size of them all.
I was very surprised with how big Knivett was to them all

In a trade... what would people think Bruhn be worth?
We should have a pick between 12-18 again next season, package up some of our other FR3’s and FR4’s to Brisbane and try and get there 1st as well.
Personally think he could be a star of the comp and would cost 2 firsts but hopefully not 2 of our own if that makes sense

We should have a pick between 12-18 again next season, package up some of our other FR3’s and FR4’s to Brisbane and try and get there 1st as well.
Personally think he could be a star of the comp and would cost 2 firsts but hopefully not 2 of our own if that makes sense
He is not worth two firsts…not yet anyway.

I'd be guessing something like the Caldwell trade. If our second is early then probably our second. If our first is late then that with something back maybe?

He has shown a bit but probably not anything more than others they've let go and he's not going to get much of a look in that midfield.

Edit: seems I forgot about some if the details of the Caldwell trade. 2 seconds for 3rds back. I'd take the punt on similar value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be guessing something like the Caldwell trade. If our second is early then probably our second. If our first is late then that with something back maybe?

He has shown a bit but probably not anything more than others they've let go and he's not going to get much of a look in that midfield.

Edit: seems I forgot about some if the details of the Caldwell trade. 2 seconds for 3rds back. I'd take the punt on similar value
Tanner looked awesome this year in the games he played. Not sure a Caldwell deal will get it done. I expect he will be playing 22 games this year.

Tanner looked awesome this year in the games he played. Not sure a Caldwell deal will get it done. I expect he will be playing 22 games this year.
I guess we'll see how the year progresses. It's hard to value someone off a short sample space of games

If he is uncontracted at season's end, we might get it done with an early 2nd rounder, but it depends if he makes progress this year then his value will increase.

If he is uncontracted at season's end, we might get it done with an early 2nd rounder, but it depends if he makes progress this year then his value will increase.

To be honest, if we do pick up a development kpd that we're happy to put a few years into through ssp or midseason draft then I can see us looking to pick up a few outside running types next year who you can generally pick up late.

Spending the best draft capital on tanner isn't the worst option.

I think you are on point depending on where his performance goes. If he comes out and becomes a new Sam Walsh, one does not need the powers of nostradamus to prognosticate about what it would do to his value.

If he has a quiet year, and he does not sign a new contract, then a version of the Caldwell trade might get it done. I suspect it would be a discount to his trade value..maybe late R1... we will be held to what we got for Clark but if he is out of contract then we will have a bit of leverage.

To be honest, if we do pick up a development kpd that we're happy to put a few years into through ssp or midseason draft then I can see us looking to pick up a few outside running types next year who you can generally pick up late.

Spending the best draft capital on tanner isn't the worst option.
If he ends up with us can he have the nickname "Grant"?

So who do people want for our last selection? I like keeping the mid year draft as an option but there are a few tasty options left imo

So who do people want for our last selection? I like keeping the mid year draft as an option but there are a few tasty options left imo

Wouldn’t mind Jamieson Ballatyne. We’ve drafted a few inside types - he’d bring a point of difference to our group of young mids.

Don’t see the point in bringing in a KPD if they aren’t likely to measure up.

Wouldn’t mind Jamieson Ballatyne. We’ve drafted a few inside types - he’d bring a point of difference to our group of young mids.

Don’t see the point in bringing in a KPD if they aren’t likely to measure up.
Although kpd is the most obvious hole in the list. You don't think Schlensog would measure up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back