Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to say that when we have Dangerfield, MOC, Guthrie, Narkle and Parfitt all getting games. All of them have been worse than Selwood. I agree that Stephens should be playing but not at the expense of Selwood
O'Bree said the only reason Stephens was dropped was because Selwood was returning. 🤷

If Stephens can't get a game because Selwood is in the side I find that staggering. Our captain should probably get to 350 and retire if he's holding back the development of youth.
Only if poor form warrants it. Selwood still makes a difference. I'd have thought Stephens could learn a bit watching the little warrior in action

Only if poor form warrants it. Selwood still makes a difference. I'd have thought Stephens could learn a bit watching the little warrior in action
I've got to disagree. We need to fast track these kids.

I've got to disagree. We need to fast track these kids.
I genuinely can’t understand why they can’t play in the same midfield

I genuinely can’t understand why they can’t play in the same midfield
You and me both. Selwood seems to keep a lot of youth in the VFL. 🤷

Howdy all,

Thought I would leave this to discuss (unsure if it already has been).

Someone from my work is good friends with both Brendon McCarthy and Allister Clarkson's sister and was telling me last night that she was told to "watch this space" in regards to Scott leaving at the end of this year and Clarko coming to the Cattery.

Just saying 😀

Howdy all,

Someone from my work is good friends with both Brendon McCarthy and Allister Clarkson's sister and was telling me last night that she was told to "watch this space" in regards to Scott leaving at the end of this year and Clarko coming to the Cattery.

Just saying 😀
Won't happen.

Because there is a side chocka block full of talent (GWS) who now have a big opening, and Clarko apparently wants a side that can win a flag - and that ain't us.

Would be absolutely staggered if something like that happened. Even Port or Essendon would be better choices than us (talent/playing list/close enough to make a run at finals/a flag than us).

Howdy all,

Just saying 😀
The first rule of a disinformation campaign is to put out as much false information as possible, even if it's not coherent with it's own narrative

Clarko ain't coming to a team that is imminently going to need young mids coming through

Howdy all,

Just saying 😀

I would actually prefer McCarthy. Brilliant developer of young talent at the Cats and Bulldogs. Thought he did the hard years at the Bulldogs before Beveridge came in and reaped the rewards.

And based on where our list is at, would be a more suitable call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first rule of a disinformation campaign is to put out as much false information as possible, even if it's not coherent with it's own narrative

Clarko ain't coming to a team that is imminently going to need young mids coming through
Could only see it happening by the standpoint that Clarko would solely want to stick it to Hawthorn and more so Kennett by going to their rival. It would have nothing to do with him rating or not rating our list, or even respecting us as a club. It would be as simple as him backing in his ability as a coach (rightly so, he's got 4 flags) to get the Cats to a premiership just to piss off the Hawthorn board.

Could only see it happening by the standpoint that Clarko would solely want to stick it to Hawthorn and more so Kennett by going to their rival. It would have nothing to do with him rating or not rating our list, or even respecting us as a club. It would be as simple as him backing in his ability as a coach (rightly so, he's got 4 flags) to get the Cats to a premiership just to piss off the Hawthorn board.
Hah, would be a wild FU I could get behind but don't see that happening tbh

Jacob Dawson has to get a second chance killing it, we should get him we need a midfielder, if not us someone has to pick him

It's interesting that posters here seem to think we're no chance to compete for a flag in the near future but we absolutely must pick up a mature age KPD or ruck in the mid season draft. If it's not going to make us competitive why give up the chance of bringing in a talented young player just to make the list a bit more balanced?

I expect we'd be more interested in a 10 year potential player than a mature guy who won't be in our best 22 (see Abbott and Fort if you think we can just pluck a better ruck than Stanley from the state leagues).

It's interesting that posters here seem to think we're no chance to compete for a flag in the near future but we absolutely must pick up a mature age KPD or ruck in the mid season draft. If it's not going to make us competitive why give up the chance of bringing in a talented young player just to make the list a bit more balanced?

I expect we'd be more interested in a 10 year potential player than a mature guy who won't be in our best 22 (see Abbott and Fort if you think we can just pluck a better ruck than Stanley from the state leagues).

You know those two things (now and future) arent mutually exclusive right? We can pick a player in the MSD that does both. See hawks and newcombe last year etc.

I wouldn’t mind looking into that Strnadica who played for the eagles. Wonder if he’ll be put into the MSD, could be what we need.

Re giving up: I haven't "given up'. Rather I'm sick of getting flogged in finals. I'm looking at the bigger picture; that is, in order to enjoy finals success going forward we need to radically overhaul the team. Most of our players get BELOWS in finals - they perform worse than their H and A average. says it all.

We get excited when we make the finals and then melt when.. you know..

Thus I agree with Footysmarts: rather than narrow our focus at the MSD we should look for the best player available and preferably a mid-fielder at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back