Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victim of his own historic standards. We usually don't compare him to other players, we compare him to the 25 year old he used to be.
True…Same with most players toward the end I suppose. Although it does seem a little more emotive with Danger for some reason (ie. nobody dissing on Captain even though he is not at peak) - I think maybe a little concern that still a couple of years to go on contract and worried that might decline further?

Anyway, all will be quiet with 3 good finals games!

True…Same with most players toward the end I suppose. Although it does seem a little more emotive with Danger for some reason (ie. nobody dissing on Captain even though he is not at peak) - I think maybe a little concern that still a couple of years to go on contract and worried that might decline further?

Anyway, all will be quiet with 3 good finals games!

Fwiw I think he can perform at his current level for another year or two, But I think he will really struggle with fitness. He plays a high impact explosive game style, and he has shown this year that he can still run away from packs. But the soft tissues have started, and It's going to be progressively more of an issue going forward. I'm hoping he can avoid issues this year, and hopefully 10-15 quality games next year.

Interesting article by danger confirming he made up his mind to move to Geelong a year prior to his final year at Adelaide and told the coach the night before he was stabbed to death by his son.

So my info was spot on which is why i offered to shout dazbroncos a night on the piss if he didn't come.

Interesting article by danger confirming he made up his mind to move to Geelong a year prior to his final year at Adelaide and told the coach the night before he was stabbed to death by his son.

So my info was spot on which is why i offered to shout dazbroncos a night on the piss if he didn't come.
You can hear him talk about it on Wheatley. Also a bit of help from the JPod. It pays to send our ex players to other clubs to entice players to come.
Pods for danger, Stevie for Jezza so who’s Boris working on at the Saints?

Understand that, but if he can not elevate from where he is.. I wonder how that sits with him. It would have to be his choice not the club.

Contracts can be ripped up, just this week we have seen a retirement of a contracted player. Would Danger do that of he felt he could not play to a level he was used to? I dont know. I hope he can find something more than just desperate acts as he moves past 300 games. He had been a champion...many champs do not get to 300 when they play like he has, and many champs do not like to slide back into the big pool of good to very good players.
Bluntly put, are you insane?

Dangerfield was clear BoG against Essendon and the Dogs this year, and would have been BoG against the Demons had he kicked 2.2 and not 0.4. And he hasn’t exactly played every game.

You don’t push players like that out to pasture.

Bluntly put, are you insane?

Dangerfield was clear BoG against Essendon and the Dogs this year, and would have been BoG against the Demons had he kicked 2.2 and not 0.4. And he hasn’t exactly played every game.

You don’t push players like that out to pasture.
Agree, was best on only a few weeks back. Hardly the rookie ruff nut journeyman labelled on here recently. Flat out disrespectful to a champion of our game/team.

Last edited:
Apart from breaking away from the pack Danger does a lot of important grunt work in the contest for the ball, which is often overlooked. He complements the likes of Holmes, Stengle and Close. So Danger can - and I'm sure will - play on, especially if we could pick up another classy mid with some breakaway dash.

True, he has underwhelmed in some recent finals, memories of which he'll be keen to erase.

Apart from breaking away from the pack Danger does a lot of important grunt work in the contest for the ball, which is often overlooked. He complements the likes of Holmes, Stengle and Close. So Danger can - and I'm sure will - play on, especially if we could pick up another classy mid with some breakaway dash.

True, he has underwhelmed in some recent finals, memories of which he'll be keen to erase.

We will have to be careful with our midfield mix going forward to ensure we have the right combination of inside ball winners and speedsters on the outside.
Holmes and Cuthrie seem to be the only young mids we have with pace ( Danger is older but mainly inside who can burst).
We have Atkins , Stephens, Knevitt, Blitz and Selwood who don't possess great pace - perhaps Dempsey and Willis could add pace but could be another 2 seasons away from being regular.
I like Hopper as a Selwood replacement but I'm not sure Bruhn is quick enough - maybe Taranto is a better option?

We will have to be careful with our midfield mix going forward to ensure we have the right combination of inside ball winners and speedsters on the outside.
Holmes and Cuthrie seem to be the only young mids we have with pace ( Danger is older but mainly inside who can burst).
We have Atkins , Stephens, Knevitt, Blitz and Selwood who don't possess great pace - perhaps Dempsey and Willis could add pace but could be another 2 seasons away from being regular.
I like Hopper as a Selwood replacement but I'm not sure Bruhn is quick enough - maybe Taranto is a better option?
Cam Guthrie ain’t that young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years iv been wanting us to get Hopper as iv rated him... but watching him playing after come back from Injury, I'm not sure if he will get back to his best? His not even 60% of the player he was. Whats everyone thoughts about him getting back to his best?

Anyone has any news on Oliver Henry? Still hasn't signed a new contract. But I haven't seen no news articles of us being linked to him 🤷‍♂️

For years iv been wanting us to get Hopper as iv rated him... but watching him playing after come back from Injury, I'm not sure if he will get back to his best? His not even 60% of the player he was. Whats everyone thoughts about him getting back to his best?
I think it’s hard to judge those senior giants players on their output this season and coming back from injury only compounds that.
The list is in a strange spot, they’ve lost their coach and there is no real sense of direction of what they’re doing.
Clearly they have too many similar players and Taranto, Hopper and Bruhn and part of that.
They need to clear out a few and build around a new core. I’m sure Hopper would be a better player at geelong than he’s been at the giants this season. But not sure he will reach a superstar status. Would be a good link for us between the older mids and a new generation.

Things i want to see happen in the offseason - Hopper, Bruhn, O Henry, Grundy in - for Current and future firsts and seconds

Things i expect to see happen in the offseason - Bruhn for 1st rd pick 2022

I think there's better value elsewhere. I don't think he's worth chasing or paying overs. Also not worth the risk post the injury return. I say GWS can keep him.

If Hopper only cost us this years 1st you take it in a heart beat. He has been playing ordinary this year and will never be a top 40 player in the game but he’ll play a good 110ish games for our club. No soft first 20-30 like a rookie. You take that from a pick 20 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

In a better system and a full preseason, I think he will be fine. GWS are a rabble this season. Yes, no superstar top 10 in league type, but we don't need absolute super stars on all lines. I mean Atkins is shouldering big loads in the guts this year, workhorse types can work in the right structure with other talent works. Hopper probably has probably more talent than most of our young mids, with the exception of Holmes who could be top shelf, but he would be similar output to say Parfitt with his current trajectory.
If Hopper only cost us this years 1st you take it in a heart beat. He has been playing ordinary this year and will never be a top 40 player in the game but he’ll play a good 110ish games for our club. No soft first 20-30 like a rookie. You take that from a pick 20 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays
Kind of need to be smart about it with the draft also. I mean we took SDK with Pick 19 wasn't it. Holmes at Pick 20ish.
But yes, Hopper is probably a safe bet with the right work ethic and age demographic we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back