Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I have posted this is the past
Taberners stats are putrid
I had that pointed out to me and changed my tune really quick

I wouldn't have minded looking at him 4 or 5 years ago, like before we got Cameron but then we still get Cameron to replace Taberner

I'd have no interest in him now

Question..... Than Thoughts...
Next year, 2025 Neale will be most likely playing along with Jeremy Cameron..

We hopefully also will recruit a young kid key forward also to develop and do there apprenticeship in the VFL ...
Should we look at recruiting the following player as a back up , pending injury and rotations, He is a UFA also , so won't cost us anything

Matty Taberner.....

He is behind the pecking order at Fremantle..

Thoughts?

The price is right … and some might think being in the Freo forwardline has not been a dream … but he has pretty ordinary fitness history. The question is ..whats sort of setup do we see in our forwardline post TomH. I suspect we will not try to replicate a new Tom. If we can .we will run with Conway and Neale , rotating and resting , surrounded by smaller talent .. and even someone like Blitz or Jack henry could help out at times… especially if we bring in COS.

The type of younger player we need to add ..most likely comes from an early selection. Guys like Larkey are rare. It makes one wonder… can we find someone to trade in who is under utilised… or do we have to find someone in the draft who is a bargain.

The price is right … and some might think being in the Freo forwardline has not been a dream … but he has pretty ordinary fitness history. The question is ..whats sort of setup do we see in our forwardline post TomH. I suspect we will not try to replicate a new Tom. If we can .we will run with Conway and Neale , rotating and resting , surrounded by smaller talent .. and even someone like Blitz or Jack henry could help out at times… especially if we bring in COS.

The type of younger player we need to add ..most likely comes from an early selection. Guys like Larkey are rare. It makes one wonder… can we find someone to trade in who is under utilised… or do we have to find someone in the draft who is a bargain.
Well by all reports were I read somewhere is this years key forwards won't be early picks, plus if we get Bailey Smith we ont be having a 1st round pick

What's all this talk about recruiting forwards. Our forward line is clearly not the issue atm and Neale is ready to rock and roll !
Talking about next year and with injuries .
I hope Neale goes fine, 99% on here will be back rooting for him..BUT there no certain he will
But in Neale we trust

Just gauging interest.

If you were to pick 3 realistic options and one pipe dream option right now around the League to go after to address needs.
Who would you go for?

1. Archie Perkins (midfielder)
2. Bailey Smith (midfielder)
3. Ned Moyle (Ruckman)

Pipedream: LDU

I know it’s been said he won’t leave WA but Cal Twomey said on his pod that cats were keen on Yeo last year. And expected they’d be asking the question again.

Im sure we will but given yeo's mrs is pregnant i highlt doubt they are going to leave WA.

Just gauging interest.

If you were to pick 3 realistic options and one pipe dream option right now around the League to go after to address needs.
Who would you go for?

3. Ned Moyle (Ruckman)

Moyle is the biggest need but im not sure we would chase him or he would agree to come-conway and him probably wouldnt fit well together and moyle probably wants a club where he can be the clear starting ruck.

Id chase perkins over smith but thats just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think the chances are of James Willis and Phoenix Foster getting new deals? Struggling to get a proper read on them from the VFL thread.

What do we think the chances are of James Willis and Phoenix Foster getting new deals? Struggling to get a proper read on them from the VFL thread.

Willis would be in big trouble when guys like Mannagh, Hardie, Knevitt and Clohesy are playing well in the VFL and can't get a sniff. If you don't have the VFL form on the board after 3 years it is tough to see him getting another deal.

Foster may get another deal for being tall given we have a dearth of tall forwards on the list but when list structure is the best thing going for you it is a worry moving forward.

Just gauging interest.

Who would you go for?

3. Ned Moyle (Ruckman)

Not sure why we would go for Perkins. Last thing we need is another midfielder who can't find the ball - and he would cost a hell of a lot at the trade table.

I would much target a free agent

Low to none. I might be swayed on phoenix getting a lifeline as a defender but more professional watchers might not waste their time

Right now it's not a problem but will be in a few years
No doubt. Probably a can we can kick down the road.
Right now we need to land a quality midfielder by hell or highwater. If we must trade then so be it.

No doubt. Probably a can we can kick down the road.
Right now we need to land a quality midfielder by hell or highwater. If we must trade then so be it.
I'd consider going for LDU a year early, even if it costs more via trade.

He's exactly what we need in terms of speed and power, and although he'll never be Dangerfield, he'd be up there as the closest we could find in terms of a replacement.

Plus, it's not like we've had the luxury of bringing in free agents for 'free' anyway.

Just gauging interest.

Who would you go for?

3. Ned Moyle (Ruckman)

1. Jack Macrae
2. Luke Davies Uniake
3. Daniel Rioli
Pipes Callum Mills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back