Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Let me great this straight....

North essentially traded out 2021 pick 1 (in contract), 2022 pick 1.

For

2022 pick 2 and 3, a future 1st (could be 14+) and some junk picks.....

They have essentially downgraded pick 1's for a future 1st.

Have I read this correctly?
You have read correctly. We are an absolute ****show

I'm fine with the deal. You got us a pick in the top 5 & a future first, which is what I wanted.

Now to death ride...

Lol, imagine if i spent more than 5 minutes

As I said, they need to bleed

Only thing I want more then overs for Horne, is for Port to have to trade one of their untouchables

Time to cough up Georgiades to get JHF & Rioli done, Power

Loop Time GIF by Psyklon

So... Which of their "untouchables" are Port forcing out the door?

GET:
West coast - Pick 8, Georgiades, Port Pick 33
Port - JHF, Rioli
North - Pick 2, Port F1

That’s how it gets done. Sorry Kern.

Port need to trade Sinn (to Vic) or Georgiades (to WA) for this to get done.

GET:
North - Pick 2, Port F1
WCE - Pick 8, Georgiades, Pick 33
Port - JHF, Rioli

West Coast - Pick 8, F1 & Pick 33
North - Pick 2 & Marshall
Port - JHF & Rioli

Wow. Big contract for someone who has shown immaturity in his one year at AFL. But I guess #1 picks get plenty of chances even if they are a bust so that’ll add up to 6 years anyway.

Lol, imagine if i spent more than 5 minutes
You knew this guy was going to be owned badly once the deal actually went through.

For

They traded out a player that never wanted to be there and has been a cancer at the club for pick 2 (or 3) and a future first rounder.

Traded pick 1 for pick 3 (or 2) and won't miss on the player they wanted anyway (clearly didn't want the player GWS did otherwise they don't do the deal)

They now get 2 of the best 4 players this draft and they'll choose players who clearly show they aren't like JHF

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope he becomes an elite talent because we are pretty much out of 2 drafts now.

And you have him for 6 years too. Probably on ever increasing money.

As for the Roos, they were screwed last year when the list manager and recruiters were overruled and not allowed to get Adelaide's offer for pick 1. No wonder they all quit. They knew it was going to end badly.

They now hope Port have another bad year and get a top 6 or 8 pick from their F1.

They traded out a player that never wanted to be there and has been a cancer at the club for pick 2 (or 3) and a future first rounder.

Traded pick 1 for pick 3 (or 2) and won't miss on the player they wanted anyway (clearly didn't want the player GWS did otherwise they don't do the deal)

They now get 2 of the best 4 players this draft and they'll choose players who clearly show they aren't like JHF

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
In other words they downgraded 2 pick 1's. Most clubs overpay for pick 1s. Port have dominated here.

For

I'm not particularly bullish on Port Adelaide in 2023.

That F1 could very easily be a Top 10 pick. So 1 + 1 for 2 + 3 + another Top 10 isn't looking too terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have read correctly. We are an absolute ****show
So how do north bounce back from this?

Draft wardlaw as your JHF teplacement then take sheezel with the other pick and he literally coukd be anything. Then deathride port like made next year and hope their f1 is a top 10 pick so you have 2 top 10 picks in a supposed very strong draft.

Also..dont take any top rated SA kids to save heartache a year or 2 on

North fans weren't the only ones running with that narrative, the AFL Media (lol I know it's a joke too) ran with this narrative since the JHF news dropped. It's a credit to Port for being able to get the deal done without players but there's no need to be a dick.
Mate have you read this thread? North fans have been absolutely insufferable for the last week, utterly and smugly convinced in their takes which turned out to be wildly wrong, and personally attacking anybody who didn't think they were getting Butters and 10 first rounders. They deserve everything they get.

I think North were wanting to put the whole JHF drama and carry on behind them and move on
Yeah, had to cut our losses. If he stayed he would have been a cancer, majority of the playing group not a fan of him. All the best to him and port hopefully he matures quickly and achieves what he should. We move on!

I hope he becomes an elite talent because we are pretty much out of 2 drafts now.
Yep, it's chips all in.
Robbie Gray was your number one player of the the last decade imo, and there was no premiership in his time.
JHF is now to be seen what Port's hopes mostly hinge on with Butters for the foreseeable future to try to win a premiership around.

From first glimpse of trade overall for North it looks like they have pick 2, 3 from this draft and extra first rounder for next year for giving up pick 1 and JHF. Of a bad situation they have at least re-stocked themselves with picks to re-start with new coach and new list managemeent team from this point onwards.

Last edited:

For

That's exactly what I was thinking. Seems very strange.

Drafting a talent with family links to an interstate team is never a good idea. I think this will be a draft lesson for all of the Vic teams moving forward.

For

Out 1 & JHF
In - 2, 3, future 1st (could be 4 or less) 40, 43, Logue and Tucker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back