Unofficial Preview JLT cup Strathalbyn, Sunday 25th Feb @ 1.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Dermie was saying exactly how Richmond beat us 8n the GF with Rance, Houli and Vlastuin controlling the space our forwards wanted to operate in.

Dermis was spot on in saying most of our forwards fall away when this happens. Even more astute he said how McGovern can still operate in a contested forward line. In fact he thrives on it.

People probably don't want to hear it, but he knows our key problem.

The problem.with Dermie is that he is not a great commentator as he is generally fixated on one point for most of a game, or gets bored and just talks crap.
But he is a dam fine forward coach/analyst.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dislike Dermett and his obvious pro Victorian sentiments but there are times when what he says is correct. I think he is spot on and we need to address it. If things are going right we look a million dollars but when we get a team that pressures our forwards we can find ourselves kicking into the forward zone without any plan....just kick the ball forward. Having said that I do believe we have the talent that can turn this around. Let face it the problem only arises infrequently but when it does happen its in a game that really matters...like the GF.

I still dislike DB but today I didnt detect any hatred from towards the Crows but he was spot on with his critisim.

Was it my imagination or was the ball slippery. I know it was the first game but so mony of our players just couldnt handle the ball.

I dislike Dermett and his obvious pro Victorian sentiments but there are times when what he says is correct. I think he is spot on and we need to address it. If things are going right we look a million dollars but when we get a team that pressures our forwards we can find ourselves kicking into the forward zone without any plan....just kick the ball forward. Having said that I do believe we have the talent that can turn this around. Let face it the problem only arises infrequently but when it does happen its in a game that really matters...like the GF.

I still dislike DB but today I didnt detect any hatred from towards the Crows but he was spot on with his critisim.

Was it my imagination or was the ball slippery. I know it was the first game but so mony of our players just couldnt handle the ball.
How many times does he need to say the same thing?

They had a heap of mature players and went past the window. Guys that were playing good footy had to be cut like Boomer, Dal Santo, Gibson to open up some opportunities and force Brad Scott to play the kids. Hope that helps but perhaps list profiles are beyond you.
Lol. Isnt good enough for Norf, we take him on, plays s**t and should be playing in the 2nds with us.
Tell me of all these super young mids that Gibson was keeping out at North? With your amazing list profile knowedge...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beartoo how about CEY?
In another thread earlier I posted a pic of him looking like an ad for muscle development. I thought he was a lock last year for our best 22 until injured.

Power unplugged by Weagles in JLT (-2 points):
"The Power went on an off-season recruiting spree and coach Ken Hinkley admitted post-match it will take time for the new faces to jell with their teammates. Apart from draftee Dom Barry, playing his first game since 2014 with Melbourne, and Jack Watts, Port didn't get much out of prized free agency signing Steven Motlop, Jack Trengove or Lindsay Thomas in their debut appearances"
(http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-25/match-report-eagles-turn-the-jets-on-late)
... and to think I was an early advocate for the Crows to bid for Motlop *shudder* !!
We're soooo much better off with Gibbs, Gibson and Fogarty.

See a lot of Dislike for Hampton games, Think a few who watch only remember his first quarter.
He played like a nervous nellie, could not get any ball control. He was in the right spots just could not get anything to work. But as the game went on he improved. I would reserve my judgement until Sat. or the next JLT game.

See a lot of Dislike for Hampton games, Think a few who watch only remember his first quarter.
He played like a nervous nellie, could not get any ball control. He was in the right spots just could not get anything to work. But as the game went on he improved. I would reserve my judgement until Sat. or the next JLT game.
His entire first half was awful. His second half was better. Not good, but definitely better than what preceded it.

I wouldn't bet on him even making the JLT2 team, given that we should have a number of senior players coming back after being rested (or injured) for JLT1.

His entire first half was awful. His second half was better. Not good, but definitely better than what preceded it.

I wouldn't bet on him even making the JLT2 team, given that we should have a number of senior players coming back after being rested (or injured) for JLT1.

He had the fumbles early. did you notice he was in the right places, His attack on the ball and Player was very good? as the game went one he went from one of our worse players to one of the better players. More so when Freo was getting on Top.
No I would wait on Sat before writing him off for JLT2.

So I only saw bits and pieces of the game can someone give me a bit of a rundown on how Doedee went?
Stats seem good (83% efficiency although mostly handballs).

I did noticed he made an error in the last quarter.

Was CEY that good? People raving about him but I didnt see much in the bits I watched.

God we missed McGovern in the GF. Its amazing what a bailout option he provides...we just dont have anyone else to take a grab like he does.

beartoo how about CEY?
In another thread earlier I posted a pic of him looking like an ad for muscle development. I thought he was a lock last year for our best 22 until injured.

If CEY could get his head together he could be a top AFL player. Yesterday, as always, his 1st instinct on gaining the ball was to take on the tackler or tacklers instead of looking to move the ball quickly. Hampton suffers the same failing. Both have the ability and the pace. Both seem to lack the instinctive reactions top footballers have. I don't see either of them as 1st 22 unless they can somehow resolve this problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back