Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

And that my learned friend is the fundamental difference between AFL and Football. In Football, the clubs listen to the fans, if the fans don't like a player or a coach they are removed.

Unfortunately, people power only works transgenitalialy on these boards.

If you still think it's ok that Gibson is playing ahead of Clarke or Mountford, then despite being one of the great wordsmiths on this board, you're cooked. Mentally, physically shot and you should go and have a lie down and when you wake up, have a good hard look at yourself.

I noticed he was the 22nd man named, surely this gives us ALL hope that the end is nigh.
What planet are you living on? Gibbo is a gun, a gun I tell you.......

So who thinks we will win? Thoughts on matchups?

Ablett not the same player so does anyone run with him? Wouldn't mind going head to head with their midfield. Back in the newer look. Martin, Hall, Saad all going ok. GC are ranked 1 for clearances this year....

Lynch will be hard to contain if he gets good delivery. Who gets him and then who goes to Wright?

I think this will be our first win but really unsure what to expect from GC. Beaten us 3 of the last 4 games including a belting at the only game at Etihad in recent history.

Ablett not the same player so does anyone run with him? Wouldn't mind going head to head with their midfield. Back in the newer look. Martin, Hall, Saad all going ok. GC are ranked 1 for clearances this year....

Lynch will be hard to contain if he gets good delivery. Who gets him and then who goes to Wright?

I think this will be our first win but really unsure what to expect from GC. Beaten us 3 of the last 4 games including a belting at the only game at Etihad in recent history.

If we can't beat the GC at home we are truly a s**t side and i would be shocked if we lost.

GC still have a heap of talent in their side and a freak in the midfield.

D. Swallows omission is a help. If we get on top of the clearances then I think we will register a win.

If GC are allowed to control the ball we will be chasing tail all night.

saw my Geelong Cat today (and yesterday too)
197201_c091ef261a5dd016357b6ef215ae82f1.JPG

he said:
"meow" twice
which translates to,
North Melbourne will be premiers just you wait and see.
and

The Swallow decision is probably 2 or 3 weeks too late but it's the right time for Thomas after his game against Freo.

Congratulations have to go to Brad on this one (albeit a belated one when it comes to Swallow), it would have been easy to persist with them and 'back them in' as he has done in the past. Although it seems like an obvious decision, it's still a courageous one to drop two players who have been stalwarts for the club, and in the case of Swallow, a former captain and multiple club champion.

I would have thought it would be easier to drop LT than Spitta. I'd back LT to play himself into form and force his way into the side. I fear this may be it for Spitta. If so thanks very much for being a champ for years.

With us sitting 0-5 and this game being against a team with bugger all support themselves I doubt the knives will be out. The AFL being the new owners of the joint should also help ease any fears re "long term viability".

What are our recent crowds v GCS at Etihad? That'll be the measuring stick.

We'll get our 20k like I mentioned previously.

Two games played at ES, 5 at Metricon.

Round 5, Etihad Stadium, Attendance: 17680 Saturday, 28th April 2012, 4:40 PM AEST
Round 7, Etihad Stadium, Attendance: 19819 Sunday, 4th May 2014, 1:10 PM AEST

I still think we should have another tall forward.
Totally agree. be it Preuse or Daw it does not matter, either would make it extremely difficult for opposition backs. Preuse in particular would be a very good backup ruck on game day.....specially this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A la Barassi of old! Softly softly approach makes every one soft, nice people finish last! Broad not demanding or demanding enough! In order to suceed one needs to be constantly frustrated, is brad frustrated? Strangely, Continuous Frustration is important for continuous improvement.
Watching the Barassi 1795 GF 3/4 time speech at the 3/4 break at home games on the big screens. Pumped for a big last quarter. Then we get rolled. Happens all the time.

If we can't beat the GC at home we are truly a s**t side and i would be shocked if we lost.

If we lose this I get a sense of a fair amount of vitriol spewing from the stands.

Lose and we will likely hit a point of uncontainable anger from a lot of fans. Especially if we get run over the top of.

Watching the Barassi 1795 GF 3/4 time speech at the 3/4 break at home games on the big screens. Pumped for a big last quarter. Then we get rolled. Happens all the time.

Barassi has clearly lost his touch.

GC still have a heap of talent in their side and a freak in the midfield.

D. Swallows omission is a help. If we get on top of the clearances then I think we will register a win.

If GC are allowed to control the ball we will be chasing tail all night.
Not comfortable with the 'favourites' tag, and I'm concerned that, despite being 0-5, the players may have bought into the 'but aren't playing badly' narrative.

So, it's a really weird thing to say at 0-5, but this is very much a danger game.

Finally the club makes the right changes for a change. Going with 2 tall forwards is also the right choice as 3 talls just doesn't help us to get the ball back in the forward line. Subsequently the opposition more often than not scores on us. Only took 9 years for Brad to drop a senior player.....what an idiot.

If we lose this I get a sense of a fair amount of vitriol spewing from the stands.

Lose and we will likely hit a point of uncontainable anger from a lot of fans. Especially if we get run over the top of.

Well, then we'd better be prepared for that eventuality! GC are more than capable of playing really good football and rolling us. If it happens, it happens. Overall, this is now a new team. One thing I want to see is promise for the future. If that means we have to suffer in the short term, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back