Preview R8: Nth Melb vs Geelong Sun 12 May 1.10pm at Docklands

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSelwood for Dangerfield and Abbott for SavRat - yes.
I'd prefer to omit ZGuthrie before Clark.

Oops, I completely forgot Zuthrie played yesterday. He was serviceable but will be the first out this week.

So Selwood and Abbott for Danger/Sav, Tuohy for Zuthrie. If we want to get Constable back in, I can only see Clark as a possible omission unless Ablett remains suspended.

Doesn’t sound like we will see Constable in a hurry judging by O’Bree’s comments:

“Charlie’s got to work on the outside of his game, he knows that. We know he knows how to win the ball and he’s a good clearance player and today I thought his pressure was really good.”

Although Abbott has been better i reckon Fort has shown more up forward and would give him a shot to replace Ratugolea. Stanley is best left as main ruck.
Hopefully abletts ban is contested, if he is out id like to see Parfitt take the creative half forward role as he has the closest skillset.

Reading the news and comments Constable may only come in if Danger is also out

Ins - Selwood, Tuohy, Fort, Constable
Outs - Ablett, Clark, Z.Guthrie, Ratugolea,

Although Abbott has been better i reckon Fort has shown more up forward and would give him a shot to replace Ratugolea. Stanley is best left as main ruck.
Hopefully abletts ban is contested, if he is out id like to see Parfitt take the creative half forward role as he has the closest skillset.

Reading the news and comments Constable may only come in if Danger is also out

Ins - Selwood, Tuohy, Fort, Constable
Outs - Ablett, Clark, Z.Guthrie, Ratugolea,

reasonable group of ins... no Danger out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t sound like we will see Constable in a hurry judging by O’Bree’s comments:

“Charlie’s got to work on the outside of his game, he knows that. We know he knows how to win the ball and he’s a good clearance player and today I thought his pressure was really good.”

What are they saying ..they want more spread?

reasonable group of ins... no Danger out?
Word is danger will be ok?
On consideration probably should be rested either way, id be wary of making too many changes to a settled side. Could Narkle take his spot?

What are they saying ..they want more spread?

I think it's more his slow reaction when outside the contest.
It's something pretty small really but outside the contest he seems a bit lost sometimes, is reactionary and isn't able to impact anything.
May as well give him a few weeks in the VFL to practice that part of his game, he'll be back soon no doubt.

Don’t like the sound of that. Thought on Sunday we could’ve used his good clearance work. The outside stuff will come with experience. Last time a first year player was dropped to ‘work on some things’ he wasn’t seen again (Cunico). Hope we get constable back in soon.

Maybe no holy trinity this week! I would like to see at least one of them playing. Probably would rest Dangerfield and rata and drop Clarke. Hopefully Selwood gets up, Tuohy in and they might give Fort a chance as they like to rack up debutant numbers. Can’t afford a mental lapse now that the ‘tough’ games are done. Rack up the wins and consolidate the great start. Go cats!

How doe his number stack up with GA and Bartel in their early years?
Don’t think they recorded the breakdown back then but he’s going at 8.6 contested and 13 uncontested this year which is similar proportion to Selwood, Menegola and Guthrie.

I’d say O’Bree’s comment is a blunt representation of a more nuanced story. Maybe he’s not running and presenting where they want him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back