Autopsy Round 13 Geelong lose to West Coast by 13 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong players all night tonight..

giphy.gif
Geelong players handled the slippery track like one of these...

CLQ-0uZ7-A8ih5fc0c58u82tcNvYWglwpBv_w1cEnWUUz1ucLlfgtfRPxgjBWAC8rfR8QbeWbkVC6Kif651dwEujUuAZ3Cm6lPD7uiRXbAQ77ojwPuaY73eyKoP_JW_MkoJMzObWvKkTSrRH-GE=w470-h313-nc

...while the Eagles players seemed as sure-footed as one of these...

images

I'd like Baudilino to look at Lonergan this week.

I watched bits of the game again and he's totally cooked. You clearly see him jogging and watching on as he loses his man ... he simply doesn't have the will to get to the contest anymore and isn't quick enough to compete with forwards on the lead.

Get him to the 200 which seems to be what they're doing and wave him goodbye.

We need an injection of pace ... we're too slow as a whole.

I'd like Baudilino to look at Lonergan this week.

I watched bits of the game again and he's totally cooked. You clearly see him jogging and watching on as he loses his man ... he simply doesn't have the will to get to the contest anymore and isn't quick enough to compete with forwards on the lead.

Get him to the 200 which seems to be what they're doing and wave him goodbye.

We need an injection of pace ... we're too slow as a whole.
How's Gardner tracking? Will he be ready to take Domsy's mantle before year's end?

Not a hater. Genuinely in awe of his career.

But he's done.
I think some people don't know the difference between thinking someone is hating on him and knowing when someone thinks he is done.

It's been a great career but he is gawnski.

Time to get a few games into Gardner because there's no way Lonegran can go again in 2018

Last edited:
I think some people don't know the difference between thinking someone is hating on him and knowing when someone thinks he is done.

It's been a great career but he is gawnski.

Time to get a few games into Gardner because there's no way Lonegran can go again in 2018

Stellar career, but he's cooked.

Need to get games into Gardner sooner than later.

If people on here seriously think Selwood will get rubbed out for that, you've got rocks in your head. Both he and Mitchell will be let off, i'd be astounded is Selwood copped a fine. Shuey will be at minimum a fine, probably a week
shuey deserves a week - gutless act

How many goals has buzza kicked at VFL level?? Why does he deserve a game as our key forward when he isn't even kicking goals at VFL level against reserve defenders. Would like to see 4-7 goal hauls against his name before we start saying put him in the seniors.

Back in the day when we had n Ablett and Hawkins as pups in the twos before their call ups, they where dominating at VFL with bags.

I don't care about buzzas efforts I keep hearing of and his competitive nature, give me goals please before I want you in our senior team

But Buzza's role isn't just about kicking goals. Considering he rucks quite a bit in the VFL as well. If he was kicking 3-4+ goals each week in that role then he is a god.

He may actually perform better in the seniors considering he would take the opposition's 2nd defender while Hawkins takes the best defender. In the VFL he has to take the opposition's best defender which would be hard for a 2nd year key position player, and considering he's kicked 1-2 goals a game + competes really hard in the ruck and in the contest I say give him a go.

we recruited a forward from north melbourne, time to test him as parsons needs a spell just is not doing enough

Agree, Black was unlucky to be dropped in the first place. Unfortunately it's hard in our VFL side to dominate at that level to get back in the seniors.

On Parsons, I would move him up onto a wing so he can get his hands on the ball more. Swap him with Motlop and just keep Motlop inside 50 and move Parsons onto wing. Otherwise Cunico in on the wing I'd like too.

co
Last 12 games, 3 wins in Geelong and 5 wins outside of Geelong. Just another very decent side in a very even year (But don't let that impede your darkness...)
completely outplayed by Melbourne and lucky against Kangaroos . Really should be 6-6! Thought we were the better team against the Eagles? watch the reply of the first half. Oh dear reality is tough!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we need is only Smith, No Stanley, No Blicavs. And to play Ruggles, Bews, MCarthy, Gregson all in the same side.

Lang and Murdoch should be be our weakest 2 players. No less. We can't have them along with a tier down in Kolo and Parsons in the same team. We are effectively carrying 6 VFL players.

I doubt Hawkins would of kicked 3 goals last night anyway.It was a tough night for the Geelong forwards.
You think our forwards have got it tough........try being a defender in that side with the ease those forwards let the ball get run out of our 50

Our forwards are lazy!!!! If it's not handed to them on a platter, they rarely bother
They set up a defensive wall well for repeat entries. Hawkins often is the bail out option and either halves the contest or takes crucial contested marks.
Allowing those repeat entries cost us goals. Costly lesson of how we miss Hawkins' presence.

Thats why Ruggles should be playing, is a hard nut.
Until he makes poor decisions and executions then calls for him to be dropped resurface.

But Buzza's role isn't just about kicking goals. Considering he rucks quite a bit in the VFL as well. If he was kicking 3-4+ goals each week in that role then he is a god.

He may actually perform better in the seniors considering he would take the opposition's 2nd defender while Hawkins takes the best defender. In the VFL he has to take the opposition's best defender which would be hard for a 2nd year key position player, and considering he's kicked 1-2 goals a game + competes really hard in the ruck and in the contest I say give him a go.

Hope your right, I haven't been following VFL, so will let others tell the story. Just never seen many goals next to his name, and I know we banter him around here as a Key forward.

Would love to see a young key forward play in the seniors, but only if he can hit the scoreboard with his 2-3 and contribute.

We have some big big problems coming up.. Team is on the slide massively - Dangerwood is keeping us from being near the wooden spoon.
Im all for criticism when warranted - and that game had is fair share of s**t worthy of getting whacked....

but that's some melty cheese you got there.

We're the better team and played like s**t - our failures and their good game.
I guess if you count near the wooden spoon being 14 places away then yes you are right.

But otherwise, id say thats a bit melty.

Go Catters

Doesn't do anything offensively. Pure lock down player. He's what six years in and still struggles to be best 22. Lonergan, Kolojasni and Bews all in the back six are all turnover prone. If you think he can handle the pressure good luck. Deer in headlights stuff with any pressure gets put on.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he was the direct reason for at least one of Stanley's goals. Took the game on and fought hard down the boundary and kept the ball going our way and delivered well.

There is more to him than the lock down role he's playing.

GO Catters

No surprise anymore. He could very easily be leading our best and fairest (yes I'm serious). He's been sensational.
The knock on him IMO had been the gaps between the good games was too large.

He's fixed the lack of consistency issue ( and not gotten smashed in successive weeks by Mummy and Stringer) and might have actually been more consistent than PFD and Sel - given they had down weeks there for a bit.

Not saying he's been better than them - but he's moving up to that A grade MF level. Not elite ( PFD, SEL, Dusty, Fyfe) but the next level down. And thats full credit to him and to be fair, the coaches playing him where he excels best and not where they did the first month last year.

Go Catters

So many lonergan haters on here. You fail to recognise the number of times he was the sole defender in the right position. We'll feel it when he's done, mark my words
He's on eh down slope no doubt - and he's had some just horrendous moments.

That said, he's been THE guy on multiple occasions this season and again the other night.

And id say the same applies to Bews as well. Far better efforts IMO than given credit for - and should be playing every week now.

GO Catters

How's Gardner tracking? Will he be ready to take Domsy's mantle before year's end?
They erred by not giving Gardner games in the JLT series. In fact it was staggering.

People are putting a lot of faith in an untried Key Position player who's only been on the list for 2 years.
No they're not.
They are appreciating his consistency and efforts in the VFL side and simply feel he deserves an opportunity to see how he goes at Senior Level

That's what good lists do......they spread the workload and bat deep. We bat down to number 5-6 in a squad of 40(ish)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back