Who should have the coveted number 23?

Remove this Banner Ad

CJ is more than exciting enough but Scott, Franklin, Brereton, Peck, it just hits different seeing 23 on a tall player.

Just choose someone.

The worst result would be to leave it empty. Just increases the pressure

I kind of think the pressures gone, or at least lessened now. TOB was a good buffer for it, so while it's still a great number at the Hawks, whoever gets it isn't anointed as the next 'whoever'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJ for me.

In the mould of Derm and Buddy, a flamboyant gamebreaker that will bring people to the footy and that has you expecting something exciting whenever they are near the ball.

CJ is the logical choice imo too. He's got the excitement factor that Buddy and Derm have/had.

I don’t like the idea of vacating numbers for a year.

Yea, we have had some great servants in the 23, but I feel like vacating is unnecessary individualising. Give the number to a player who either wants it, or let the club honour a young player with it.

The number 23 should be bequeathed to a player with a bit of mongrel in them. Peck, Scott, Brereton and Franklin played hard and were not unfamiliar with a visit to the tribunal. DGB may fit that mould but manage to avoid the suspensions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back