Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Port take King as good as he is they are stupid. They are stacked with talls and have as little outside run as us. Would be baffling.

You would think Rankine Rozee King or Smith for St Kilda unless they trade the pick.

They need a tall forward to pair with Marshall. Dixon is 29 next season.

Edit - also, Port list manager has said all along they will go tall early.

He was BOG in the U17 all stars game last year and some say he’s the best stoppage player in the draft. Back issues at 17 is a huge worry though, and he could hardly stay on the park this year. Definitely worth a punt at 50/51 and I think he’ll be available there.

The other is Tom Joyce from WA. He was one of WA’s best players as an underager last year but this year he had hip injuries. He’s tipped to make a full recovery though.

I read they're vertebrae stress fractures, possibly done with weight training??
Dunno, but if he's over these issues or near enough would be a bargain.
KM talked about him along with Walsh, Rozee, Smith etc earlier on this year.

Joyce also sounds an interesting research.

I think Stocker has some admirable qualities. He’s duel sided, seems to make good decisions with the ball in hand, has a nice turn of acceleration etc. But to me he is, as you have stated, a safe B grade player. I don’t think he has that high ceiling that some others possibly have in this draft. If we are unable to trade up to grab one of the guns then I’d go for Sturt who will likely be available and has the potential to be an elite half forward. Better that than a good mid that we could get next draft.

Hately is the one that interests me now if he falls. I’d be happy with him if we go for a mid at 12. He’s got good endurance, smarts, is excellent overhead and is capable of being a forward target on top of playing as a mid. I think GWS though will snap him up with one of their picks at 9 or 11.

Like both Quaynor and Thomas but they will definitely have their bids matched so no need to contemplate them.

I’d be going for McKenzie and Jarvis with our later picks. Like both of their games.

I wasnt saying he was B grade he might still be A grade Joel Corey was. I'm just saying he has a lower celing but lower bust potential thn many in this draft. Hately is similar in this regard I agree he will be a safe pick.

I share some of your views re Sturt but the flipside is hes only had a good 6 months he's very physically slight and because he's been in cricket programs he hasnt done the footy pre seasons the other guys in this crop have so we have no idea if his body can handle putting the weight on and the rigours of AFL pre seasons. We've spent a lot of first rounders on guys who's physical bodies weren't durable enough for AFL and Stocker Hately etc are. That's what we will weigh up.

I think we will bid on a Thomas Quaynor etc tactically because they fit our needs but it also brings our P50 forward if their clubs match bids etc.

I reckon that if any of the guns are to fall then it’s Ben King. Still think it’s unlikely but if the draft pulls a couple of surprises then he’s the tall that could potentially slide.

We would snap him up quickly at 12 i think.

They need a tall forward to pair with Marshall. Dixon is 29 next season.

Edit - also, Port list manager has said all along they will go tall early.

That would be Hayes who they signed until 2021. With Ryder and Lycett rucking he won't get a game in any other spot. Plus they have Watts and Frampton who could play forward plus Ladhams and Howard can play both ends. How many talls do they want? Given they have no picks after 15 i would think their R1's need to go on some quality outside run.

We would snap him up quickly at 12 i think.
I can realistically see Ben King or Smith falling to us.

No way Wells passes on either if available IMO.

Factors that could see these guys fall-

The SA teams making trades into the top 10.

GC most likely taking Lukosius and Rankine.

Rozee will probably go top 5-6.

Valente and Hately going higher than expected due to the stay home factor and the aforementioned SA guys already being taken.

The rise of Jones into top 10 considerations.

Caldwell and Clark might go in the top 10 also.

I think St. Kilda will take M.King instead of Smith due to already having Steven, Billings, Steele and Dunstan who are all in a similar mould IMO.

RCD might go to GWS at 9 or 11 IMO.

That would be Hayes who they signed until 2021. With Ryder and Lycett rucking he won't get a game in any other spot. Plus they have Watts and Frampton who could play forward plus Ladhams and Howard can play both ends. How many talls do they want? Given they have no picks after 15 i would think their R1's need to go on some quality outside run.
Valente might make sense.

Valente might make sense.

Valente's more inside than outside though. I was thinking they might go more for Rozee/Rankine or Smith Caldwell Jones Hill Duursma etc get some more run and carry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can realistically see Ben King or Smith falling to us.

No way Wells passes on either if available IMO.

Factors that could see these guys fall-

The SA teams making trades into the top 10.

GC most likely taking Lukosius and Rankine.

Rozee will probably go top 5-6.

Valente and Hately going higher than expected due to the stay home factor and the aforementioned SA guys already being taken.

The rise of Jones into top 10 considerations.

Caldwell and Clark might go in the top 10 also.

I think St. Kilda will take M.King instead of Smith due to already having Steven, Billings, Steele and Dunstan who are all in a similar mould IMO.

RCD might go to GWS at 9 or 11 IMO.

I dont think Valente will go that high but i agree with most of the rest. GWS have awful ruck stocks though i think they would take King. It would need some really quality smalls to be there to make them pass. Surely WBD take Smith.

Realistically for us to get B King the following needs to happen:
Port take Rozee/Rankine/Smith at 5 not King.
GC (or StK if they have pick 6) need to take whichever of Smith or Caldwell is there.
Dogs take Smith or M King (if there) or if he isnt one of Hately Jones or Clark.
Crows to take Hately or Jones.

Carl Walsh
GC Luko
GC Rankine
St K Rozee
Port Smith
GC Caldwell/Hately
WB M King/Hately/Caldwell
Adel Hately/Caldwell
Then Port and GWS need to take 3 of Jones Clark RCD Stocker Hill or Duursma.
I think the only players GWS will take over King would be Smith/Caldwell Clark and maybe Jones. I can see Hately Jones Clark and Hill all appealing to Port at 10. Then again GWS best play is probably to take King at 9 and mids at 11 and 19 (if Briggs isn't bid on by then) as there is better depth in mids in this draft after 15 than there is in talls. It's possible King or Smith get to us but i think it's a really low probability. If we had 7 we definitely get one of them IMO.

I dont think Valente will go that high but i agree with most of the rest. GWS have awful ruck stocks though i think they would take King. It would need some really quality smalls to be there to make them pass. Surely WBD take Smith.

GC (or StK if they have pick 6) need to take whichever of Smith or Caldwell is there.
Dogs take Smith or M King (if there) or if he isnt one of Hately Jones or Clark.

Carl Walsh
GC Luko
GC Rankine
St K Rozee
Port Smith
GC Caldwell/Hately
Adel Hately/Caldwell
I think the only players GWS will take over King would be Smith/Caldwell Clark and maybe Jones. I can see Hately Jones Clark and Hill all appealing to Port at 10. Then again GWS best play is probably to take King at 9 and mids at 11 and 19 (if Briggs isn't bid on by then) as there is better depth in mids in this draft after 15 than there is in talls. It's possible King or Smith get to us but i think it's a really low probability. If we had 7 we definitely get one of them IMO.
I'd like Wells to keep moving down the order if Hately and Jones are still available.

Valente's more inside than outside though. I was thinking they might go more for Rozee/Rankine or Smith Caldwell Jones Hill Duursma etc get some more run and carry.
I agree about Valente but he has real class IMO.

I could see him fulfil a high HF position next season and as good as he is inside, he would not look out of place on the wing IMO.

I think Luko and Rankine will go 2 & 3 to the GC.

Max King to St. Kilda

Rozee to Port at 5.

Adelaide will pick Hately/Valente at 8 and Port will pick the remaining player at 10 IMO.

Smith might go to GC at 6.

RCD/Jones/Clark/Hill/Sturt to GWS at 9 or 11 perhaps.

Blakey will probably get a bid by WB at 7 or GWS at 9 IMO.

I wasnt saying he was B grade he might still be A grade Joel Corey was. I'm just saying he has a lower celing but lower bust potential thn many in this draft. Hately is similar in this regard I agree he will be a safe pick.

I share some of your views re Sturt but the flipside is hes only had a good 6 months he's very physically slight and because he's been in cricket programs he hasnt done the footy pre seasons the other guys in this crop have so we have no idea if his body can handle putting the weight on and the rigours of AFL pre seasons. We've spent a lot of first rounders on guys who's physical bodies weren't durable enough for AFL and Stocker Hately etc are. That's what we will weigh up.

I think we will bid on a Thomas Quaynor etc tactically because they fit our needs but it also brings our P50 forward if their clubs match bids etc.

Joel Corey in his draft year won the Larke Medal and was rated one of the best kids in the country. I’m not sure that Stocker has either the potential or runs on the board at the same stage that Corey had?

I’m not too concerned about Sturt’s ability to withstand the rigors of AFL. He already I think 78kg so isn’t quite the string bean that he’s made out to be.

Joel Corey in his draft year won the Larke Medal and was rated one of the best kids in the country. I’m not sure that Stocker has either the potential or runs on the board at the same stage that Corey had?

I’m not too concerned about Sturt’s ability to withstand the rigors of AFL. He already I think 78kg so isn’t quite the string bean that he’s made out to be.
He's at least 10 kg's underweight

Needs to visit dew for a day or so.

He's at least 10 kg's underweight

Needs to visit dew for a day or so.

He needs to clearly put on weight. Pretty much all of them do. If all the usual suspects are gone and you had to choose between RCD and Sturt who would you take? (You’ll probably name someone else!)

Carl Walsh
GC Luko
GC Rankine
St K Rozee
Port Smith
GC Caldwell/Hately
Adel Hately/Caldwell
As always, your posts are A grade PO.

I don't think that it's likely but I could realistically see Smith or King falling.

I think that we probably take RCD or Bailey Williams.

Carlton - Walsh
Gold Coast - Lukosius
Gold Coast - Rankine
St. Kilda - M.King
Port Adelaide - Rozee
Gold Coast - Smith
Footscray - B.King
Adelaide - Valente
GWS - Jones
Port Adelaide - Hately
GWS - Caldwell
Geelong - ??????

As always, your posts are A grade PO.

I don't think that it's likely but I could realistically see Smith or King falling.

I think that we probably take RCD or Bailey Williams.

Carlton - Walsh
Gold Coast - Lukosius
Gold Coast - Rankine
St. Kilda - M.King
Port Adelaide - Rozee
Gold Coast - Smith
Footscray - B.King
Adelaide - Valente
GWS - Jones
Port Adelaide - Hately
GWS - Caldwell
Geelong - ??????

I will give you $500 if we take Bailey Williams with 12.

If it goes that way we take Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back