Prediction Changes round five

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sier is not really slow by hand or foot and just needs to be in the right place to collect the ball to have it moving swiftly to an outside player. We do need strength in the middle, and Sier certainly adds that to the mix.
I was talking about wills.

If Beams isn't back I think the only change will be Crocker in for Mayne. We've had him playing on the wing and he's been named as an emergency for every game so far.

He's also doing that sneaky thing where he racks up disposals in the twos, making it seem like he's ready to explode.

As much as we'd all love Sier, or see Aish dropped for someone like Appleby, it won't happen this week. Particularly based on Sier's first game back.

Obviously a nigglle Saintly.

Had an argument with my boys about Beams being there today.......I say he wasn’t they said he was.

To be honest Saintly I didn’t like the Bear using his mobile in between the kids groups.

I met an awesome Pies supporter from SA today and we both agreed it was disrespectful.

Yep, Beams was at the clinic. He was in the group with Treloar closest to the cafe. I noticed he was chugging away at a very large bottle of water which could be part of his recovery....

Neale will have a field day if our mids aren’t accountable,
I wouldn’t mind greenwood in to tag Neale.
Brown needs a few games for confidence I think

Run and carry is not a strength that is true. Has had a few flangers, but who hasn’t. We have been insipid.

Does everyone need to run and carry though? I feel like he does a good lock down job...and maybe that’s all he needs to do to play his role.

Hard for us to say, we don’t know what his role is and what the coaches ask of him.

We’ve had many poor performers this year, seems like Aish is the only one picked on. Don’t understand why...
It’s easy to lock down when your constantly playing on the worst forward. Not everyone has to run and carry butnplayers like Aish who offer little else have to. Plenty of other players get picked on as well your last line is simply not true.

It’s easy to lock down when your constantly playing on the worst forward. Not everyone has to run and carry butnplayers like Aish who offer little else have to. Plenty of other players get picked on as well your last line is simply not true.

What does it matter who he plays on?

If he gets picked to shut down an opposition forward and does so, he'll get picked to play a similar role next week. He's doing his job and will stay in the side accordingly - as he should.

I think Greenwood should come in to tag Neale. He has been dominant.

I understand we don't want to tag most weeks, but we are clearly happy to do it for certain teams (ie Greenwood tagged Martin). This would be one of the weeks I engage a tag.

In: Beams, Greenwood
Out: Brown, Mayne

I know a lot would like to see Sier or Wells back, but i get the feeling both need at least 3 games in the VFL to be considered.

We need to blood some players who haven’t had an opportunity yet. I want all 40 listed players to be able to play a role when called up. As we saw last year the more players we play the more they can get use to our game plan towards the business end of the season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not a kindergarten. Best 22 please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this man.. I f swear.. I will climb up a tree and start singing like a f kookaburra until they take me away. Kakakakaka kakakaka.. f it re.

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.
I swear man if we lose this one... I'll slip over at Woolies and sue them for a thousand gorillas re. When I get the compensation, I'll bet it all on Carlton to win the flag... that's it for me man.

tenor-5.gif

Yep, Beams was at the clinic. He was in the group with Treloar closest to the cafe. I noticed he was chugging away at a very large bottle of water which could be part of his recovery....

So my kids were right...…………...no need to let them know :shoutyoldman:

If Beams isn't back I think the only change will be Crocker in for Mayne. We've had him playing on the wing and he's been named as an emergency for every game so far.

He's also doing that sneaky thing where he racks up disposals in the twos, making it seem like he's ready to explode.

As much as we'd all love Sier, or see Aish dropped for someone like Appleby, it won't happen this week. Particularly based on Sier's first game back.
I think the greater likelihood is that Beams comes back in and Phillips moves back to his best position on the wing. It’s no coincidence that Phillips had his best game of the year so far after Mayne went down and he was moved from the HFF.

If Beams isn’t back then possibly Daicos in at HFF.

Yesss! Unleash the Crock.

Still leaning towards Beams back in for Brown.

Crocker in for Mayne.

Brown had an excellent last quarter on Friday night but needs to go back to the VFL and actually play a game or two (without being rested as a carry over, etc.) and prove that he can impact the game across all four quarters. If he can find the consistency, he can find a spot.

Wells can come back in for Mayne or Phillips if either perform badly on a wing, provided that Wells gets through another game. Wouldn't surprise me if they were targeting Wells for 2 games on, 1 game off like they were aiming to do last year.

Wasn’t even sleuthing really, I remembered looking at the stats after the game and wishing Sier had put up Wills’ numbers. Then just saw that (and multiple others after) post saying he had, and getting confused. Unless the Footy live app is wrong, Sier definitely wasn’t as impressive as people think he was in the VFL this week. Going by the numbers, both Wills and Wells had more influential games than Sier did.
The report on the club website (from AFL) says Sier 28 disposals, 6 tackles and a goal assist. Doesn't even mention Wills.

Go figure

INS: Beams, Wells/Sier
OUTS: Mayne, Aish

B - Langdon Roughead Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - Pendlebury DeGoey Treloar
HF - Varcoe Mihochek Sidebottom
F - Elliott Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Beams
INT - Brown Thomas Phillips Wells/Sier

I agree with all of this and would line up the exact same, only swapping Treloar with Sidey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back