Prediction Changes round five

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That both are major leaders (captain, and deputy) can only suggest they are niggle treating or told to have the weekend off or something.
ok,
what about I just wanna blow them out because I dont like them?
As funny as lasts years game up at the Gabba was.. lets just blow them out please
2002/2003 still burns for me. Just like last year I still haven’t watched the game (GF) at all (was at work thankfully in hindsight) and add the rest of the last few games when it comes to the Eagles. Going back, Pebbles kicked that goal- even Lethal thought so at the time.

2002/2003 still burns for me. Just like last year I still haven’t watched the game (GF) at all (was at work thankfully in hindsight) and add the rest of the last few games when it comes to the Eagles. Going back, Pebbles kicked that goal- even Lethal thought so at the time.
I was fortunate enough to be more interested in playing gameboy than following AFL back then

No one wanting Wells in if Beams doesn’t get up? Looks like Sier is most voted in.

Like him in, but he needs to play at least 4-5 full VFL games before we can even consider him.

Sier had 28 disposals, 6 tackles and at least one goal assist in the VFL - which is comparable to the output of Adams/Phillips last game and yet we were being exposed in clearances until we introduced some grunt via De Goey. Hence the votes for Sier

So Greenwood gets a recall after a 14 disposal game in a VFL which his team got smash. Must have been a similar quality game to Mayne in the GF where he nearly took home the Norm Smith with 15 possessions.

Hmm, yeah Sier wasn’t overly impressive first up, thou he frees up our midfield group, creating more options. Even with limited fitness/game time he’s shown he has the game.
No love for Wills anymore in the guts?
Whilst slow no doubt, could simply just use his bulk on the inside, would like to maybe see for a couple of games.
If not permanent vfl fixture.

We can rotate all the other pieces once the ball comes out. Only extractor atm is Adams tbh.
Like DeGoey in the guts only in short burst, that’s his game.
To valuable up forward.

Hmm, yeah Sier wasn’t overly impressive first up, thou he frees up our midfield group, creating more options. Even with limited fitness/game time he’s shown he has the game.
No love for Wills anymore in the guts?
Whilst slow no doubt, could simply just use his bulk on the inside, would like to maybe see for a couple of games.
If not permanent vfl fixture.

He'd be good around the stoppage, but pace isn't a strength of our current midfield. Not sure if we'd want to add another slower player to the mix with it's impact on spread and defensive accountability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I like Chris Mayne, I think him being out might be a blessing in disguise as it'll let Phillips get more time on the wing.

In:
Beams
Sier
Wells

Out:
Mayne (injury)
Aish
Brown

The introduction of Sier/Wells depends on whether they're considered ready for AFL play. When they are, they're priorities to bring in. And that may not be next week, but when the time is right.

Wells who probably is back of mind for many I view as an ideal Aish replacement as someone who unlike Aish will get the moving quicker and do a lot more damage with it which is a missing ingredient at the moment. If he's healthy, I slightly favour Wells to Appleby/Quaynor who are the others who perhaps in the interim could come in.

Obviously a nigglle Saintly.

Had an argument with my boys about Beams being there today.......I say he wasn’t they said he was.

To be honest Saintly I didn’t like the Bear using his mobile in between the kids groups.

I met an awesome Pies supporter from SA today and we both agreed it was disrespectful.
What you say is correct.

Alas, the new generation coming through are glued to their phones. It’s like their arm or leg. Just look at any street with people, many walking are glued looking at their phones. Mainly younger types.
It should be seen as disrespectful but the new generation sees it as perfectly normal (and acceptable).

There’s always room for manners.
But if not taught, they aren’t going to learn them.

The AFL website is going with 28 possessions and 6 tackles to Sier in that VFL game. Not bad given he was heavily rotated all game.
I’m pretty sure that those are Wills’ numbers.
5836B6E6-BAF5-433F-9D97-1AD7293F84B6.png

Last edited:
Don’t see a point in bringing in Greenwood for this one, Neale is gonna get his 35 touches at the end of the day. We’d probably opt to tag Zorko anyways as he is the one that’s struggled with it in the past.
Keep Hipwood in check and it’ll go a long way to getting the win.
Don’t be surprised if Hipwood is suspended this week.

Nice sleuthing!
Wasn’t even sleuthing really, I remembered looking at the stats after the game and wishing Sier had put up Wills’ numbers. Then just saw that (and multiple others after) post saying he had, and getting confused. Unless the Footy live app is wrong, Sier definitely wasn’t as impressive as people think he was in the VFL this week. Going by the numbers, both Wills and Wells had more influential games than Sier did.

Bigfooty has officially jumped the shark with Aish.

A post that advocates Aish's role in the team while knocking Maynard's... Maynard is so far in front of Aish as a footballer it isn't funny. I'm genuinely wondering whether you've confused the two or something?

Maynard is the burly lock down defender that leads by example, can do a job on any small/mid-sized forward and who breaks open zones with 50m searing passed out of defence. Aish is that slow little dude who plays on the worst forward every week and offers absolutely nothing offensively bar a few horrific mistakes. Shits himself whenever he is in possession and looks to off-load it to anybody else, regardless of whether they are in a better position, just so he isn't in the spotlight. Half the time he just resorts to kicking it out on the full.

But yep, let's drop Maynard and persevere with Aish in the hope he miraculously finds his 'best footy'. His a top ten draft pick so it must be in there somewhere, right?
Except of course he’s been very loose as a defender...shown up 1 v 1 too many times so far this season.

Not talking about his prospects, or what he has shown in the past. He is prone to the odd clanger too.

My point has been, since the beginning of the season, that there are some players that feel like they’re automatic selections...Would be good to give them a jolt.

My problem with Aish isn’t stats, my problem is he’s a ball butcher who offers us no run and carry.
Run and carry is not a strength that is true. Has had a few flangers, but who hasn’t. We have been insipid.

Does everyone need to run and carry though? I feel like he does a good lock down job...and maybe that’s all he needs to do to play his role.

Hard for us to say, we don’t know what his role is and what the coaches ask of him.

We’ve had many poor performers this year, seems like Aish is the only one picked on. Don’t understand why...

He'd be good around the stoppage, but pace isn't a strength of our current midfield. Not sure if we'd want to add another slower player to the mix with it's impact on spread and defensive accountability.
Sier is not really slow by hand or foot and just needs to be in the right place to collect the ball to have it moving swiftly to an outside player. We do need strength in the middle, and Sier certainly adds that to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back