Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. SYDNEY - Gabba, Thur 06/08 @ 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t felt this flat about a selection in ages. Thomas has been atrocious, Madgen offers nothing and while I reckon C. Brown has a future he isn’t an automatic in. Cameron being dropped is harsh, would’ve preferred to see a 3 tall set up with Reid. As for Keane, poor lad has been feed to wolves by the coaches only to be dropped the next week.

On another note I Hope Varcoe is ok and the personal reasons aren’t bad.

Last edited:
Before the team was announced posters were imploring the selectors to pick the kids, try something different, roll the dice with Reid. So that is exactly what the selectors do and the reaction on here?: "I'm done with this club. Reid is made of glass, Thomas still playing, Cameron dropped etc"
Seems Buckley and the selectors can't win whatever they do.

Before the team was announced posters were imploring the selectors to pick the kids, try something different, roll the dice with Reid. So that is exactly what the selectors do and the reaction on here?: "I'm done with this club. Reid is made of glass, Thomas still playing, Cameron dropped etc"
Seems Buckley and the selectors can't win whatever they do.
They'll never make everyone happy. lol I think the selection is good. I would have liked Cameron kept, but I like that Reid is playing.

Callum Brown again????

Thomas not dropped????

Magden still in the side???

*en hell. We are running a potato factory atm.....

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing there’s no way Grundy plays in Adelaide. Will solo ruck this game and Cameron and maybe also Lynch will come in against the Crows.
Cox apparently rucked for the bulk of the practice game against Freo. Dont be surprised if he replaces Grundy.

Cox apparently rucked for the bulk of the practice game against Freo. Dont be surprised if he replaces Grundy.

Good point. Either way we will need two rucks to replace him, I think.

Agreed. Everyone has their own opinions but there's no acceptance that the selectors might know a thing or 2 that the average punter doesn't.
yeah. Just have to trust their judgements. They are the coaches after all. We're just outsiders going on from what we see. I support everyone who goes out there on the day.

So a forward line set up that doesn’t kick goals is maintained just rotating the players. It worked in 2018 when every player was running hot but not now. Why not try the extra tall. Miochek is not a real “tall” so why not leave Cameron in with Ried and Brody to change it up. But no, let’s keep in the invisible man in Thomas and his just as invisible mate C Brown comes in.
I’m done, I’ve had enough of the dumb game plan, poor recruiting and poor attitude of the club and players.

Thomas gave me the shits against Freo. He fumbled. No confidence to have a shot at goal when he was in position. That horrible dropped mark. I'm surprised he wasn't dropped. I'd have dropped him. One thing I'll say though is he got into dangerous positions. I reckon confidence is holding him back. If he can find it he'll be handy. But I'm not confident of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back