Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. MELB - Gabba, Sat 15/08 @ 5:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

He kicked the first goal from 50 metres out.How many of our players could do that?Do you think Mayne,Thomas,Brown or Phillips could do that?These players can’t even kick a goal from 30 metres out,let alone 50.
No, but unless an opposition player gives it to him, he wont be doing that again. he has completely lost the ability to win his own ball.

You can argue till the cows come home the reality is he’s second on our goals for the year and that’s even despite the fact he’s missed games and played 3 or 4 on the wing

No need to argue, the proof is in the pudding, he's been dropped and rightfully so.

He kicked the first goal from 50 metres out.How many of our players could do that?Do you think Mayne,Thomas,Brown or Phillips could do that?These players can’t even kick a goal from 30 metres out,let alone 50.

Never disputed he was talented and capable, don't think anybody is disputing that. Stephenson getting dropped runs a lot deeper than 'he kicked that goal from 50 out, how many other players could do that'.

i
Yeah. Something going on there. Needs to find some grunt and the things he had back in 2018/2019. Not sure its just fitbess.

2018/19 is a distant memory from our whole team this year. Stevos kicked goals, done his job in a horrible form line. I hope I’m proved wrong, but I just struggle to see 10 goals.

despite form (including everyone) Stevo is still a player capable of kicking 4 in his day and being a match winner.Without degoey we won’t have anyone in that bracket, checkers MAYBE.

Stevo would be feeling the pressure as a young kid playing poorly each week. I’d imagine being an AFL Footballer comes with a fair bit of stress when the media are all over you.
Don’t underestimate the confidence he might get by going back to the scratch match and carving it up. Release the stress for a week or two then come back with some real form.

2018/19 is a distant memory from our whole team this year. Stevos kicked goals, done his job in a horrible form line. I hope I’m proved wrong, but I just struggle to see 10 goals.

Yeah, somehow we have struggled with consistency this year. After the covid break really. I don't know why. I hope next season, they can get back to the way they were.

Stevo would be feeling the pressure as a young kid playing poorly each week. I’d imagine being an AFL Footballer comes with a fair bit of stress when the media are all over you.
Don’t underestimate the confidence he might get by going back to the scratch match and carving it up. Release the stress for a week or two then come back with some real form.
Yeah, it wouldn't be easy on him. And I hope he does. Today's scratch match, didn't get on the scoreboard unfortunately. Might need a couple of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its an indication we have reverted back to 2013-2017 to me of playing Blair types over natural scorers
I guess they just want him to find some form. Or confidence, or whatever thats holding him back.
We know he has the talent. He just isn't performing the way he should.

Uh, he kicked 2 and assisted 1 after games of not hitting the scoreboard. That’s what output means.
lol. By that measure we had 12 players with zero output. i think you'll find output is measured by a hell of a lot more than goals and assists. Stevo had the least output of anyone on the ground and reality is he was a lucky recipient of a couple of Adelaide errors that he made good use of to kick those 2 goals. Deserved to be dropped. End of story.

Jaidyn has been horrible all year. The fact he played in the practice match and didn't kick a goal says it all.

Doesn’t that conclusion depend on where he was playing?

Jaidyn has been horrible all year. The fact he played in the practice match and didn't kick a goal says it all.
It’s less than three days since he played in Adelaide.They probably shouldn’t have
played him at all today.They should have just rested him instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back