Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. Essendon - FRI 03/07 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers fans seem to think Phillips is well ahead of Bellchambers despite being a debutant, I know nothing about him though.
Bellchambers is cooked.

.........and Laverde is better than De Goey.
Yeah, none of us think that. Laverde is lucky to be on our list.

Better watch out for holding the ball tomorrow night.All indications are that they’re going to crack down on it this round after Clarko had a whinge about it last week.And you just know that our players are going to be in the firing line of the umpires.

I agree with Clarko on that one. Way too many dropping the ball free kicks get missed. Always protect the ball player but there must be a crackdown on incorrect disposal.

Bombers fans seem to think Phillips is well ahead of Bellchambers despite being a debutant, I know nothing about him though.

Got him from Carlton where he Struggled to get a Game

Phillips is a giant potato. Grundy could do nasty things to him.

Not very keen to call anyone playing AFL footy a potato, but I’d have to disagree. He has been very serviceable from what I’ve seen and can also go forward and clunk a mark. I expect Grundy to have the ascendancy but we would want to do more with the advantage than we did last week

The Bombers poster that has lost the Anzacday bet two years in a row to me did.
Maybe a few years back, but Laverde is now firmly in the lucky to be on a list point of his career.
Phillips is a giant potato. Grundy could do nasty things to him.
Yep. But Bellchambers is cooked and Draper isn't quite ready yet (stupid ACL last year)

nahnah, let me clarify the Bellchambers thing (it was me who said it). Bellchambers has many, many faults, but the one thing he's always been great at is putting players into advantage positions. From 2017-19 Bellchambers was the best hitout to advantage % ruck in the comp. Last year, after round 15 we were 3rd in clearance differential (+34 total), and then when Bellchambers got injured we lost the clearance in the next 7 games by a total count of 41. He was a great tap ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better watch out for holding the ball tomorrow night.All indications are that they’re going to crack down on it this round after Clarko had a whinge about it last week.And you just know that our players are going to be in the firing line of the umpires.
Clarko is the biggest whinger and tantrum thrower in game.

Maybe a few years back, but Laverde is now firmly in the lucky to be on a list point of his career.

Yep. But Bellchambers is cooked and Draper isn't quite ready yet (stupid ACL last year)

nahnah, let me clarify the Bellchambers thing (it was me who said it). Bellchambers has many, many faults, but the one thing he's always been great at is putting players into advantage positions. From 2017-19 Bellchambers was the best hitout to advantage % ruck in the comp. Last year, after round 15 we were 3rd in clearance differential (+34 total), and then when Bellchambers got injured we lost the clearance in the next 7 games by a total count of 41. He was a great tap ruck
Ok but is he actually winning the taps because for example say its English vs Grundy. English has 6 hitouts with 3 to advantage and Grundy has 70 with 15 to advantage (extreme example yes).. English has the higher percentage but he's still been demolished. There's no point winning the % if you aren't getting that many taps

Last edited:
Ok but is he actually winning the taps because for example say its English vs Grundy. Sweet has 6 hitouts with 3 to advantage and Grundy has 70 with 15 to advantage (extreme example yes).. English has the higher percentage but he's still been demolished. There's no point winning the % if you aren't getting that many taps
He usually gets around the 27-35 hit outs, 10-15 to advantage depending on his opponent. However, as I've said multiple times, he's cooked.

Hope Shaz has a great game tomorrow - if anyone in the game deserves a half way decent run of luck it's him.
Widely considered on-baller potential from his draft year he was an exciting prospect.
An avalanche of injuries has all but smashed him out of football.
The guy has talent and the incredible courage to drive through innumerable injury setbacks.
A great pity Sier can't boast such focus and dedication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back