Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Hawthorn - Giants Stadium (NSW), 7:50pm Fri 10/07

Remove this Banner Ad

You degenerate the President and think you will get a free ride or a like?
In big business or more importantly and relevant Club Presidents cover up things (Steele) for the greater good.
Posters like you that are after likes don’t grasp that concept.
I think you meant "denigrate" the President not "degenerate" - although there are a few degenerates who pose as posters.
Maybe you meant Tkil delegates to our President?

Let’s hope The Goo”s form has been attached to the bad news, hoping he rips the Hawks a new one this weekend.

I’m tired of all the hating on Collingwood best way to shut it down, a big win against the Hawks

Let’s hope The Goo”s form has been attached to the bad news, hoping he rips the Hawks a new one this weekend.

I’m tired of all the hating on Collingwood best way to shut it down, a big win against the Hawks
He’s not playing apparently.

I thought it was a little touch and go with the testing as he had to attend the police station outside AFL protoco. Bugger if he’s not, think he needs to make a football statement
I suspect the focus on De Goey will intensify next week. He may have seen his final game.

I suspect the focus on De Goey will intensify next week. He may have seen his final game.
Just play the kids (aka tanking). The season is gone anyway. Lets find out what we have got, and position ourselves for a nice early pick (in a draft where there are some good talls early). Don't rush Howe back. Give Sidey a month in the scratch match circuit. Put De Goey on gardening leave. Rest Checkers and Maynard if they are sore. See what Kelly, Keane, Rantall, Bianco etc have got to offer.

DeGoey shouldn't play at all if this is going to be a constant distraction.
Not sure why he is pulling out of the Sydney hub, but if this is due to the news today, then don't take him to Perth.
He is pulling out of the Sydney hub because the police station he had to visit wasn't part of the AFL cocoon or bubble so he has to take 2 covid tests which won't be back in time for Sydney. I know it sounds like a rather bizarre Grimm's fairy tale, but his is a new normal in which we are living, in which the unusual and macabre suddenly become a natural part of everyday life. Get used to it.

Take it easy everyone, we all handle losses in many/different ways. The Sidebottom incident, the loss and now the story on JDG has us all on a bit of an edge and likely to post things we really don't mean. Doesn't mean we won't still pay our dues and follow the club.

Sometimes it really hurts supporting Collingwood. This week-end is a good example.
Actually I am beginning to to like the bolded aspect of your post. It's releasing a new force within me, a desire to get out and do things I have never done or thought of doing before. Fortunately weapons are not easy to come by here so that limits the scope of potential activities. Still the pen is mightier than the sword, so I am sure the same applies to the keyboard and guns.

My ultimate wish at this moment in time would be to spend 30 minutes with Daniel Andrews and Steele Sidebottom in a locked room with them chained to chairs and bound at the mouth. I would have just enough time to deliver a soliloquy of my choice to each of them in turn, with most of the words directed at Big Ears rather than Sidey.

The media, particularly on the TV footy shows, will have DeGoey as their main topic of conversation right through the week.
Slobbo, Caro and Kane Cornes love this stuff, not to attack DeGoey, but it's their way to get to Ed and the Collingwood Football Club, particularly Slobbo.

Actually I am beginning to to like the bolded aspect of your post. It's releasing a new force within me, a desire to get out and do things I have never done or thought of doing before. Fortunately weapons are not easy to come by here so that limits the scope of potential activities. Still the pen is mightier than the sword, so I am sure the same applies to the keyboard and guns.
My ultimate wish at this moment in time would be to spend 30 minutes with Daniel Andrews and Steele Sidebottom in a locked room with them chained to chairs and bound at the mouth. I would have just enough time to deliver a soliloquy of my choice to each of them in turn, with most of the words directed at Big Ears rather than Sidey.
maybe you could ply the premier with scotch, ask him to choose between the front door and the toilet door then ask the police to drive him home (with an extra security guard thrown in for good measure)?

Anyone know whether it will be possible to source tickets to this game? If so, where do I look?

Let’s get someone to tag Mitchell ideally, he deserves some respect at this point.

Just play the kids (aka tanking). The season is gone anyway. Lets find out what we have got, and position ourselves for a nice early pick (in a draft where there are some good talls early). Don't rush Howe back. Give Sidey a month in the scratch match circuit. Put De Goey on gardening leave. Rest Checkers and Maynard if they are sore. See what Kelly, Keane, Rantall, Bianco etc have got to offer.
I tend to agree. This season is cactus, blooding young players would at least provided some interest, and hopefully set us up for the future. An early pick would also be exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take your point, but assume there would be a few Sydney based Pies fans asking the same thing.

Lets take a positive outlook.

I'm not all for have revamp of the team, the season is well and truly on, at the conclusion of this round we're a game out of the top 4. Put that into perspective.

Therefore, I dont want to see a massive overhaul of this list - this week should serve as enough of a wakeup call.

Out: T. Brown, due for a rest, hasnt been able to find much of the footy. Its not a dropping becasue hes no good, but we need to recognise that he has played 5 senior games and is what, 19 years old?
Varcoe, experiment failed, he's surplurfos to needs in the back line when we have the likes of Noble.

In: Noble, we lacked speed in the backline, it might come at the cost of disposal efficency, but he has been holding his own in the back line.
Kelly, hes been playing well in the scratch matches with the 2's, probably earned a spot based on that.

De Goey - if he has to miss, I'd keep Varcoe in the side but as a forward.

Team:
FB; Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
HB; Noble, Moore, Scharenberg
C; Hoskin-Eliott, Adams, Daicos
HF; Elliot, De Goey, Philips
FF; Stephenson, Cox, Miochek
Fol; Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar
IC; C. Brown, Mayne, Kelly, Wills

Lets take a positive outlook.

I'm not all for have revamp of the team, the season is well and truly on, at the conclusion of this round we're a game out of the top 4. Put that into perspective.

Therefore, I dont want to see a massive overhaul of this list - this week should serve as enough of a wakeup call.

Out: T. Brown, due for a rest, hasnt been able to find much of the footy. Its not a dropping becasue hes no good, but we need to recognise that he has played 5 senior games and is what, 19 years old?
Varcoe, experiment failed, he's surplurfos to needs in the back line when we have the likes of Noble.

In: Noble, we lacked speed in the backline, it might come at the cost of disposal efficency, but he has been holding his own in the back line.
Kelly, hes been playing well in the scratch matches with the 2's, probably earned a spot based on that.

De Goey - if he has to miss, I'd keep Varcoe in the side but as a forward.

Team:
FB; Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
HB; Noble, Moore, Scharenberg
C; Hoskin-Eliott, Adams, Daicos
HF; Elliot, De Goey, Philips
FF; Stephenson, Cox, Miochek
Fol; Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar
IC; C. Brown, Mayne, Kelly, Wills

In our two losses we won both contested possessions and inside 50’s by a bit, and yet only just lost, one for poor kicking. We are still well in it, our forward line just isn’t clicking atm. I agreee with noble and keeping Varcoe in (one game isn’t enough), Kelly I think deserved a shot, Cox, I still do not think we should play at all. We play better when we are unpredictable. I’d love him to prove me wrong but he never does. A key forward should be kicking 2 goals a game minimum and having impact elsewhere, he simply does not. Yes our options aren’t great, but I’d prefer to play smaller than play him. We are 2 pts off 3rd place and people saying season over, absoulte insane.

hopefully we can salvage a couple of wins, and in a few weeks could potentially have Sidey, Greenwood, Langdon as options as well to cement the team. Bris are the only form team but they haven’t left Queensland.

Well there goes any Chance we had of Winning

One minute De Goey is an overrated hack who adds little value to the side, the next minute our season is done because he won’t face the Hawks. Never change, Dave. ;)

We’ll be right. I don’t think we’ll beat the Hawks either way, but we’ll bounce back this year. Every side has been hot and cold so far - it is wide open this year.

He’s not playing apparently.
He hasn't formally been ruled out of the Hawthorn game as yet.
As he attended a police station outside of the AFL 'bubble', he will have to pass two Covid-19 tests before he is allowed to rejoin the team.
But as the team leaves for Sydney today, it's going to be difficult for him to complete the two tests before the team leaves.
No official word on his status re Friday's game has come from the club to this point.

As he attended a police station outside of the AFL 'bubble', he will have to pass two Covid-19 tests before he is allowed to rejoin the team.
But as the team leaves for Sydney today, it's going to be difficult for him to complete the two tests before the team leaves.
No official word on his status re Friday's game has come from the club to this point.
I don’t think the club will be in a rush to play him.

I would still be confident had Steele and Howe been available but their losses on top of Jordy missing for however long and all the distractions spell disaster.

A week is a long time in footy, last week port were flag favourites. Hawks have lost Breust, and could lose anyone today. I still have faith given it’s round 5. Been a s**t week, but I back the club no matter what, we aren’t far off, close losses, minor improvements in forward mix and we win.

Damo said this morning that he will not play in Sydney and will join the hub in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back