Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs Bulldogs + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt stays in. He doesn’t need many possessions to make impact. His skills, positioning and movements are a level above. He enables the forward line to function better.

I’m not sure what to do about Fyfe, I feel if he’s in the midfield or forward line he will throw the balance out. Is wing an option?

Sturt stays in. He doesn’t need many possessions to make impact. His skills, positioning and movements are a level above. He enables the forward line to function better.

I’m not sure what to do about Fyfe, I feel if he’s in the midfield or forward line he will throw the balance out. Is wing an option?
When Fyfe is ready, Banfield is out.
Simple
Of course Sturt stays in.
Minimum of 5 games in a row for mine

Sent from my SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't care who it is you don't give inexperienced players an opportunity and drop them after ONE ordinary/poor performance unless there are extenuating circumstances like team balance for the next game or a star player returning for injury. Nobody including the coaches, supporters or the player himself of course learns enough from it.

I don't care who it is you don't give inexperienced players an opportunity and drop them after ONE ordinary/poor performance unless there are extenuating circumstances like team balance for the next game or a star player returning for injury. Nobody including the coaches, supporters or the player himself of course learns enough from it.
Yeah I tend to agree. Until they put together multiple poor peformances in a row then keep them. Especially after a win. I didn't catch Wagner's first half so I didn't see the worst of him, but if he's got speed and a natural inclination to run and take the game on then I think it's fair to give him another week. Wilson stopped taking the game on. Two poor weeks for Wagner and Wilson should come back in.

As for Sturt he had a bit of a nothing game yet our forward line functioned better than it has all year. Plus there's no one really lighting it up in the WAFL up forward (treacy plays his best in the Jackson role) so there is no reason to drop him.

Also think we should've given Treacy more continuity. Got a lot in his first year and looked pretty good but now he gets 1 game and then dropped.

Interesting that when Treacy was drafted he made an immediate impact, I remember kicking a couple of bags on his first WAFL games. Also had a natural flair of leading well and a decent kicking action.

Perhaps an issue of over-coaching and over-thinking it all.

Treacy is going ok. Injuries ruined his season last year and he was set up to fail in round 1 when we played 2 rucks, 2 KFs and Fyfe and quite often had both our rucks inside our 50 along with Fyfe, Tabs and him, with the rucks being the main focus.

He's a young KPF developing in the usual timeframe for young KPFs. I get what you're saying about his first season, which was super impressive but he was a big lump of a kid with a good footy brain and the rest of the comp hadn't worked out how good he was, so he's getting more attention from opposition now.

He's fine and will be extremely good tall forward depth at the absolute worst the way he's going.

Interesting that when Treacy was drafted he made an immediate impact, I remember kicking a couple of bags on his first WAFL games. Also had a natural flair of leading well and a decent kicking action.

Reminds me of big Sean Darcey.
He was immense in his first year, and physically imposing.
That aggression has not been seen seen since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Brodie, Erasmus to sub
Out: Switkowski

I know he hasn't done anything in the WAFL but I'd prefer giving him a chance over Henry.

Treacy was impressive in his first season but has been struggling ever since. He seemed such a natural footballer and was being touted as being a draft steal. Fast forward to 2023 and plenty have him down as depth or delist?

I am not sure what has changed but the current situation is a poor result for Treacy and the club. Bit sad really.

When Treacy first came into the WAFL team, he was playing predominantly as a key forward and the primary target at Peel, with no ruck time and he kicked lots of goals first up playing that position. If you watch the game yesterday and indeed much of the later half last year, he played a mix of Backup- Ruck and Key Forward (probably about 40% / 60% to those positions). Arguably with good possession numbers (17), decent marks (9) and hitouts (11) and a goal he is in reasonably good touch - I think that those numbers (and the way he is playing) would definitely be keeping his name in the selection frame with selectors, even if it seems further off for fans who are expecting him to put goals on in the WAFL.

Why have the coaches opted for this as position for him? Well part of it is because one of his strengths is his endurance for a tall player which means he can do the dual ruck /forward role which is seen as valuable (hence why we paid a fortune for Jackson). Another strength is his field kicking which can be used to good effect up the ground. It would have also been in the coaches thinking that there will inevitably be times when one of Darcy and/or Jackson will go down, and Treacy is the immediate next player in in those situations. But that hasn't happened yet.

On the flip side he doesn't have the agility and speed of an Amiss (and Amiss doesn't have the endurance of Treacy, Taberner or Jackson), which lends it more towards them playing (and selecting) Amiss more as a deep forward. It is in many senses luck that Amiss is playing, as Fyfe (who was their first choice deepest forward for the season) would probably have kept him out if he had not got injured.

The other bit that hasn't helped him would have been the internal debate around whether to run two talls (with one or two medium forwards) or three forwards. The fact that our weakest part for the season has been our speed and run from our midfield, they will inevitably tend towards the former of those two options, and with Taberner going down it was made even easier to go down that route.

I commented to my brother that Lobb’s 0.2 from 8 disposals last night was an elite performance for him 😂.

His response was that Lobb will come out and kick 5 goals against us Friday night because that’s the sort of thing Lobb does!! God I hope not!

Would hate for the booing he will cop from us to motivate him. I want him to play like the court jester that he is.

Out of our next 6 games Dogs at home then brisbane away, hawks at home then swans away followed by cats at home then dees away. I have us winning 1 (hawks) and maybe next friday 50/50 at best. I think some of the good sides are going to tear us apart. Hope I'm wrong . I have as much faith in the dockers at the moment as I have in my soccer side Queens park rangers who are going to play in league 1 next season. Less than zero .

Out of our next 6 games Dogs at home then brisbane away, hawks at home then swans away followed by cats at home then dees away. I have us winning 1 (hawks) and maybe next friday 50/50 at best. I think some of the good sides are going to tear us apart. Hope I'm wrong . I have as much faith in the dockers at the moment as I have in my soccer side Queens park rangers who are going to play in league 1 next season. Less than zero .
Losing to the dogs confirms we’re just pretenders. If we beat them then it goes some way to reassuring us that we’re finally putting it together for this season. Hopefully the suns game played us into some form.

The Lions, Cats and Demons have all dropped games already too.

I think there's a fair chance we win at least 1 of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back