Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure JL said in preseason that Cam is no longer in contention for forward spots and if he is to make it, it will be on the wing.
In a media interview within the last week or two Longmuir was asked about Cam and he said he is working back to fitness and when he comes back will play forward primarily with some time on the wings (interviewer specifically asked about him playing wing)

They are not competing for the same position so the question is irrelevent. Unless you think Blakely should be coming in as a pressure forward?

The question is not Blakely or Banfield, the question is what does Banfield bring.
It's not forward pressure, Banfield is a mid with poor disposal, that last kick of his last week was horrendous.
Why not Valente .

Hi ladies and gents,

I'm a new member...but long time lurker :p of this board, and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've served a twenty six year sentence as a Dockers supporter thus far, and will love them until the day I die! I enjoy reading people's thoughtful insights on every one of the threads, and I'm going to begin offering my musings from no on. Oh, and I've already been subjected to a myriad of vitriol from multiple slime members on the main boards, but rest assured I serve bin chickens lovers better than anything they can muster! Anyways, sorry for posting here, but I couldn't find an introductions thread that was solely for Dockers fans =)

Whitey

We were already playing one too many inside midfielders (Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong and Tucker) we couldn't really bring another one in unless they can rotate forward since thats the vacancy Fyfe leaves. On balance they have decided to increase the time in rotation for the five. Make sense to me.

Banfield is an inside mid.

You know what you're right. But that's not where he has been playing. He has played exclusively as a forward this year. In fact when he played last year that's where he was. He hasn't played on ball (tagging) since 2018.

Anyway well done Minairo excitement machine that we will love watching.
He will have a great game and experience.
Shame his mum can't be here.

I know that's why he only played a half, the sad part is that's all they had to say

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jlo has been a bit the same about McCarthy. Will talk a little bit about him when asked a question (always long the lines of "he's building back into it"). But not really expansive about him in the way he has been about, say, Serong, Fredricks, and now Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi ladies and gents,

I'm a new member...but long time lurker :p of this board, and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've served a twenty six year sentence as a Dockers supporter thus far, and will love them until the day I die! I enjoy reading people's thoughtful insights on every one of the threads, and I'm going to begin offering my musings from no on. Oh, and I've already been subjected to a myriad of vitriol from multiple slime members on the main boards, but rest assured I serve bin chickens lovers better than anything they can muster! Anyways, sorry for posting here, but I couldn't find an introductions thread that was solely for Dockers fans =)

Whitey

Bloody hell that was short lived!

Glad to see Frederick get a run.

Now's Acres' time to shine. I hope he gets a run on the ball to offer a big body and put Frederick on the wing.
You know what you're right. But that's not where he has been playing. He has played exclusively as a forward this year. In fact when he played last year that's where he was. He hasn't played on ball (tagging) since 2018.

If you listen to JLo tell Frederick he’s in, he tells him he’s playing a half forward role.

so we’ve had a half back and a mid come out for a FB and a half forward.

So role wise, looks like there are changes.

hope we don’t get pantsed in the middle, and I hope leaving Blakely or another mid out is the right call

Hi ladies and gents,

Whitey

Lik all my posts and we shouldn't have a problem

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The question is not Blakely or Banfield, the question is what does Banfield bring.
It's not forward pressure, Banfield is a mid with poor disposal, that last kick of his last week was horrendous.
Why not Valente .
Because Banfield's quicker and way better at defensive running. That's why he has been able to run with the likes of Zac Merret at afl level. Blakely struggles defensively and that's what Hale said in the July 5 Sunday Times. He wasn't in the team because of how he needs to get better defensively and be a bit cleaner out of stoppages. Either way. Banfiield helped close down the run off half back St Kilda had in the first term last week and also helped set up the key goal to Schultz late. I would be fine either way if he was in or out of the team.

Last edited:
Fredricks was lost and nervous during the mandurah preseason game. I won't be expecting to much. This is a rebuild year so I'm excited to see him.

I think bringing in a bit more experience could have been good imo. We have Like 6 home games. Could have debuted the kid next week

Fredricks was lost and nervous during the mandurah preseason game. I won't be expecting to much. This is a rebuild year so I'm excited to see him.

I think bringing in a bit more experience could have been good imo. We have Like 6 home games. Could have debuted the kid next week
Next week doesn’t matter. Might as well throw him in and see how he handles it.
Matera not getting a game with Banfield ahead is also another indictment.
Mccarthy, Matera and Blakely should all be in this 22, on paper.

He’s had five weeks in a confined afl environment with our players, and also other sides, including the eagles. I’d hope he’d be less overwhelmed than the kid in preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back