Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 18 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

A 3.20pm home game at our rivals' home ground on a Sunday, what a joke.

Please tell me that the AFL forced us to play our home game there and we didn't request it?

2pm Saturday I could handle, maybe even the early game on Sunday.

But 3.20pm Sunday arvo is the biggest FU to Cats fans who live in Geelong. I got an Uber from Punt Rd straight after the game, live <10km from the ground and was still home after 6.30. No wonder none of my Geelong-based mates ended up making the trip up.

What's worse is that so few sooky of Tiger fans who complained about not being able to get into KP last year even turned up. The stands were empty. 'In any weather' huh?

Remember, they were only recently selling off home games up north, why should we have to bow down to their supporters' demands?

We should never, ever have to play a home game anywhere other than KP again. Including Hawthorn, Collingwood and Richmond.

People need to understand that nobody has a god-given right to attend a game of sport (see the Oracle Arena waiting list, or Anfield/Stamford Bridge etc). I'd much rather the Cats win than everyone being able to attend.
I think I can explain the AFLs behaviour quite simply. Never forget, that of all the wonderful things about football that you and I and the rest of the footy community love and value, such as tradition, ethics and fairness to name a few, there is one thing the AFL love and value more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Money!

I think I can explain the AFLs behaviour quite simply. Never forget, that of all the wonderful things about football that you and I and the rest of the footy community love and value, such as tradition, ethics and fairness to name a few, there is one thing the AFL love and value more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Money!
It's also worth remembering that this is a love 100% shared by club administrators.
It's a group grope.

It's also worth remembering that this is a love 100% shared by club administrators.
It's a group grope.
Gillon McLachlan may be cross-examined in court about the league's handling of the Essendon supplements saga after losing a bid to stop the issue becoming the subject of a full Supreme Court trial.

Now Gilligan is not so much worried about getting up and telling half truths, he has been doing that for a long time. What he and his cohorts are concerned about is that when you go to trial there is a little thing called "Discovery", this is what he is very worried about. Discovery is the ability of the legal teams to request or sequester documents etc. I do hope they get hold of some emails and phone records. The drug saga may be his smallest problem.

I don't know because it will be our home game and we will get in for "free". The only way to tell is by going to ticketek when sales open and put your membership barcode in (only 16 game memberships of course) and seeing the prices then.
Gosh you are astonishing in your lack of knowledge. Nothing to do with 16 games memberships- you may have them we have other types that allow us to enter with that membership-paid for of course so not free. I am sure that your members don't get in for free.

I am equally as staggered that we didn't get a 50m penalty when Hawkins wanted to get up and get the ball moving after a mark or free kick on the wing, but couldn't as a Richmond player was grabbing his leg and not allowing him to get up.

I'm still staggered that Stewart was coat hangered right in front of an umpire, fell to the ground, appealed for a free kick + was ignored! Stewart - Coathanger-NoFreeKick.png

I'm also stunned that no one here has mentioned it.

Gosh you are astonishing in your lack of knowledge. Nothing to do with 16 games memberships- you may have them we have other types that allow us to enter with that membership-paid for of course so not free. I am sure that your members don't get in for free.
Do you know what the purpose of inverted commas is? Obviously too hard for you.
Additionally, I used the 16 game membership cost as a comparative model. I used my membership to upgrade my seat. I was then comparing like for like upgrades to display how your club ripped off people compared to Collingwood. Is that too hard to understand too? To buy outright tickets cost up to $81for a seat last Sunday. And you wonder why Richmond 11 game members did not go.....

Sounds like the crap on Facebook - it had to be someone on the Richmond bandwagon who tried to argue that Dusty was just demonstrating an action with the umpire and rightly wasn't suspended, while Hawkins was much worse because he grabbed the umpire by the wrist o_O

The best part is that all those defending Dusty actually agree today he touched the umpire and then try to justify it as just demonstrating so all ok
To be fair to Hawkins, he didn't grab the umpire by the wrist, he just pushed Margetts' hand away.

Further + this is not specifically aimed at you cats09, but comments on the entire farce.

Also, Hawkins was walking away from the GWS players, but Griffen pushed him in the back + grabbed his arm. Then Margetts ran up to Hawkins, supposedly to explain why he'd paid the free kick against him. There was absolutely no need for Margetts to go anywhere near Hawkins. Just blow the whistle + the 50m played. A totally ridiculous situation! But the worst aspect of the Hawkins' suspension, was that Gleason coerced Ilhe + Geelong into accepting the one week, or he'd go for two weeks! Consequently, the precedent was set for the AFL's 'flavour of the week' penalty.

Whereas May was found not guilty, when the AFL were focusing on umpires not being touched at all!

Martin approached the umpire + elbowed him in the back
28303345070a456e41e7fd13cf4d888a22269eb1

The not guilty for May set another precedent, as May said he was demonstrating what happened to the umpire.

"Taking into account recent tribunal decisions, particularly involving the incident with [Gold Coast captain] Steven May in round eight, it was decided to charge Dustin under the careless contact provisions."

"Because those guidelines around intentional umpire contact are not specific, at match review level we have decided to interpret those guidelines for intentional umpire contact as being when a player disrespectfully, aggressively, dismissively or indeed forcefully intentionally touches an umpire."

But Christian denied they had changed the rules.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/intentional-umpire-contact-rule-changed-20180618-p4zm7i.html

The Front Bar sums it up:

There is a rumour dan did something outside of the clubs ruling. It's only a rumour.
I've missed something here,haven't I.

There's more to the story and it very much is his fault.

Re DanM; Was he or was he not advised and directed to have this treatment at this specific place of medicine , and was he or was he not approved to have this course of treatment by the club before it happened?

To be fair to Hawkins, he didn't grab the umpire by the wrist, he just pushed Margetts' hand away.

Further + this is not specifically aimed at you cats09, but comments on the entire farce.

Also, Hawkins was walking away from the GWS players, but Griffen pushed him in the back + grabbed his arm. Then Margetts ran up to Hawkins, supposedly to explain why he'd paid the free kick against him. There was absolutely no need for Margetts to go anywhere near Hawkins. Just blow the whistle + the 50m played. A totally ridiculous situation! But the worst aspect of the Hawkins' suspension, was that Gleason coerced Ilhe + Geelong into accepting the one week, or he'd go for two weeks! Consequently, the precedent was set for the AFL's 'flavour of the week' penalty.

Whereas May was found not guilty, when the AFL were focusing on umpires not being touched at all!

Martin approached the umpire + elbowed him in the back
28303345070a456e41e7fd13cf4d888a22269eb1

The not guilty for May set another precedent, as May said he was demonstrating what happened to the umpire.

"Taking into account recent tribunal decisions, particularly involving the incident with [Gold Coast captain] Steven May in round eight, it was decided to charge Dustin under the careless contact provisions."

"Because those guidelines around intentional umpire contact are not specific, at match review level we have decided to interpret those guidelines for intentional umpire contact as being when a player disrespectfully, aggressively, dismissively or indeed forcefully intentionally touches an umpire."

But Christian denied they had changed the rules.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/intentional-umpire-contact-rule-changed-20180618-p4zm7i.html

The Front Bar sums it up:

Now the umps have written letters ‘pleading’ with the AFL to stop fining players; simple stop intentionally touching them.

Can they not understand the hypocrisy or probably more likely they don’t care as the big clubs aren’t harmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Now the umps have written letters ‘pleading’ with the AFL to stop fining umps-simple stop intentionally touching them.

Can they not understand the hypocrisy or probably more likely they don’t care as the big clubs aren’t harmed.

Umpires get fined? :eek::eek::eek: I'm staggered!

Of course it's hypocritical!

The AFL refuse to suspend players from big clubs or marquee clubs, yet for some reason they take pride in making teams like Geelong an example! The Hawkins' umpire contact is typical! Hawkins is forced to take a one week suspension, or else he'll get two weeks! It's ridiculous. Now this week the umpire contact rule + any precedents are out the window!

Marquee club captain, May, had to go to China!
Possible Brownlow winner Dusty has to give Mitchell a run for his money!

As frggr said: #tinfoilhatfirmlyon

Now the umps have written letters ‘pleading’ with the AFL to stop fining umps-simple stop intentionally touching them.

You get too many grey areas when rules are poorly defined or allowed to be vague due to interpretation.
On the face of it there is a clear distinction between intentional and careless - it's important to retain that distinction as these are the words that determine a fine or suspension in the case of touching umpires.
As stupid as it is if the AFL enforced the literal meaning of the rule then : May, Hawkins, Curnows , Rioli and Martin to name a few would all be classed as intentional.
Careless or even better unintentional would be reserved for instances where the umpire is unsighted by the player or the umpire backs into a player and contact occurs.
Main thing is to apply the rule equally to all - it's not the kids playground where rules are made up on the run and constantly modified :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was empty, 45k is a joke. Is it worth us handing you an extra home game essentially for 10k extra getting in.... mostly YOUR fans? Not at all. No way geelong made more from sunday than they would if the game was hosted at KP.
From the Addy:
"Geelong v Richmond crowd: Tigers match could cost Cats $300k in lost revenue
Cats president Colin Carter believes the low turnout will cost the club about $200,000-300,000 in lost revenue after falling short of budget expectations.
The match was the highest-rating Sunday home-and-away match in Foxtel history, after tens of thousands opted for the comfort of their living rooms."

Too many happy to dish off rather than make a decision..especially under increased pressure.
Exactly, the hot potato, panicked handballing to team mates, who were already under pressure. Perhaps we should learn
Tigers brought out the "handball it over your head if you get in trouble" manoeuvre and it seemed to work out....again.
;)

we need some menace
i cant remember the last tackle from a geelong player (non danger) which hurt the opposition

Oh no, Mahlepi! Do you mean you missed the four Zuthrie tackles? :eek:

:p

;););)

Do you know what the purpose of inverted commas is? Obviously too hard for you.
Additionally, I used the 16 game membership cost as a comparative model. I used my membership to upgrade my seat. I was then comparing like for like upgrades to display how your club ripped off people compared to Collingwood. Is that too hard to understand too? To buy outright tickets cost up to $81for a seat last Sunday. And you wonder why Richmond 11 game members did not go.....
Yawn.........

That might make sense if Martin was any chance for the Brownlow this year. Unless something changes pretty dramatically, his contribution is going to be hanging it around the neck of someone else.
It's a flippant comment. While you know that Dusty's form is down, most of his fans don't + they're totally caught up in the Dusty 'bad boy' to Brownlow Medalist + Premiership player hyperbole. It's just ignorance from those who know no better.

Yep. That explains your lack of understanding....

I think your time is up for now on this board. See you in 6 weeks time.....and please dont push the envelope...I have little time for debate with visiting critics.

Thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back