Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith just has way too many red flags.

Significant injury risk, documented mental health issues and some off field issues. Plus he is a very poor ball user.

He can be someone else’s problem, I will back us to develop our own mids or recruit a safer mid at a lower price.
I’d rather take pick 15-18!yon the draft than toss it plus something else for smith.

Go Catters

Jon Ralph on Stengle in today’s Herald Sun - not going anywhere 👏

View attachment 1974963
I was about to ask why everyone all of a sudden thought he was leaving just because a contract hasn’t been done yet.
I highly doubt he would leave us. He loves Geelong.

For those wanting Zurhar who in our forward line does he replace?

Close no
Stengle no
OH no
Miers no
Hawkis we need to replace with Neale so no
Cameron no
Dempsey no

Not to mention we have Mannagh and Humphries in the VFL who i could see playing well in our forward line

Use our capital to go after a Mid as that is what we need or a KPF if Neale doesn't work( i think he will)

For those wanting Zurhar who in our forward line does he replace?

Close no
Stengle no
OH no
Miers no
Hawkis we need to replace with Neale so no
Cameron no
Dempsey no

Not to mention we have Mannagh and Humphries in the VFL who i could see playing well in our forward line

Use our capital to go after a Mid as that is what we need or a KPF if Neale doesn't work( i think he will)
Humphries in the forward line? I could see him on a wing but that's as far forward as I think he'd go.

Stringer made the AA team and kicked 50+ goals.

For all his flaws both as a player and person, he looked like being a genuine superstar early on. It's why the permanent teasing off his talents has been so frustrating.

Zurhaar has never shown anything remotely close to Stringer's 2015.

IMG_0172.jpeg

These young whippersnappers forget that The Package was once compared to Ablett Sr.

I think he could work as a running hb, wing or a creative small forward ala Miers
Yeah, I kinda think the parts of his game that would be similar to Miers as a forward are the parts where Miers rotates to a wing. Natural running half back to me

Yeah, I kinda think the parts of his game that would be similar to Miers as a forward are the parts where Miers rotates to a wing. Natural running half back to me
Agreed he has years before he will be the finished product and as we have seen from Miers players sometimes turn into completely different players once they get experience and confidence.

Miers when we drafted him was seen a a goal sneak and not much else by most and now he is the best linkman in the AFL bar none

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we target this year in a trade will depend on if we are going to get a FA next year like LDU

IF we aren't looking likely to get a FA mid next year we will probably try and get a mid through trade this year. Someone like Perkins from ESS or Smith from Dogs .

If we already have a mid lined up next year maybe we go to the draft with our first and try and pick up a back up ruck(probably should do the latter anyway).

What we target this year in a trade will depend on if we are going to get a FA next year like LDU

IF we aren't looking likely to get a FA mid next year we will probably try and get a mid through trade this year. Someone like Perkins from ESS or Smith from Dogs .

If we already have a mid lined up next year maybe we go to the draft with our first and try and pick up a back up ruck(probably should do the latter anyway).

Didn’t we literally draft a high quality prospect ruckman like 6 months ago

"at his best" is an enormous caveat for Jake Stringer. His best is very good, but his median...

Zurhaar is a bit of an unknown in a sense, because he has played forward in an appalling team almost all his career.
..Id say "at his best" applies to Zurhaar as well. If he could show he could play midfield minutes id be interested as he has the frame and the ability to kick goals. Most trade in players have some sort of down on them . Can you live with down to gain what they offer. I agree he has played in poorish side... but is he one of those guys who will play better in a good side or will he get lost with better players around him. Will he improve in a recognised high end enviorment..or will he flounder being asked to meet certain standards.. Thing is he is a money only FA type. We have tried some and some work and some do not.

If we get a player like him .. where does he play in 2025. Who spot does he take.

DOCKERS POACH CATS RECRUITER

FREMANTLE has strengthened its recruiting department by poaching long-time Geelong talent scout Liam Woodland.

The Dockers had been among the clubs looking to bolster their recruiting team throughout recent months, with Woodland accepting the role this week after more than a decade working at the Cats.

The highly rated Woodland, who first began at Kardinia Park in 2012, has worked alongside Geelong recruiting great Stephen Wells and more recently with football boss Andrew Mackie throughout his time at the club.

Fremantle's recruiting department is headed up by list boss David Walls and fellow recruiters Ed McMullin and David McMullin.
had the pleasure of Liam taking me on a tour of the facilities last year during a training session.
nice dude, could tell by the way he talked about the younger guys that those were the ones he was most excited about.

Yeah the Dons are due for another 6 year contract... It's been a week already.
I mean i would like Perkins but i reckon his agent is using the Cats to dangle the threat of "leaving for Geelong" so that Dons panic pay up 6 years for him like what happened with Parish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back