Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but I think that reference leaves some significant differences out of the frame
Not from a Geelong point of view. For the third time.

I keep responding because your inference is that I regard them as the same. I do not, and have not insinuated that. Please stop.

Who is the best cheap back up ruck from another AFL team we can get to replace Stanley... even State League player like Naismith? As I'd be hoping Conway will be rite to play majority of 2025 season, but just need the backup incase..

Please enter names below

Who is the best cheap back up ruck from another AFL team we can get to replace Stanley... even State League player like Naismith? As I'd be hoping Conway will be rite to play majority of 2025 season, but just need the backup incase..

Please enter names below

Lobb will be available, but not sure he'll be cheap I'd be happy to play back up Conway

Please enter names below

Moyle would be great but im not sure he and conway could play in the same side.
Id love to get madden out of gws but unsure how realistic that is.

But we definitely have to do something.

Would be a good pick up especially with Hawkins most likely not playing next year,.. but I think Lobb will want to go somewhere he plays majority of the season
Would he though? You aren't trading someone in to be a back up. He's straight into the 22 of you pay for him.

No thanks for me

I know it’s been said he won’t leave WA but Cal Twomey said on his pod that cats were keen on Yeo last year. And expected they’d be asking the question again.

I think the thing to do is not panic. Dont do anything based on a few poor games and losses. Stick to the plan.

Players like Stanley have been good servants ..but if you try to wring every drop out of a player , you will get performances like the last three weeks. Hawk ..and to some degree Duncan are showing similar traits.

The only player that could be added in the next few weeks in the msd that id consider is the likes of Pike or Ajung … a development type that will not help short term. …. And that can only be done if we create a spot

Short term … id say we are more likely to bring in a kpd like COS and try to play sam dek in the ruck with blitz.

and it more than just the ruck.

We need to try other mids we have. They are either up to it or not. Mullins was a win. Keep him in... and find out who else we have.

Then at years end …. Look at who is available …and who we can shake loose. Obviously we will continue to turn over our id group. Bruhn has been a huge win , id love to find another. Is there another young early pick kid not yet locked and gettable?

I think the thing to do is not panic. Dont do anything based on a few poor games and losses. Stick to the plan.

Players like Stanley have been good servants ..but if you try to wring every drop out of a player , you will get performances like the last three weeks. Hawk ..and to some degree Duncan are showing similar traits.

The only player that could be added in the next few weeks in the msd that id consider is the likes of Pike or Ajung … a development type that will not help short term. …. And that can only be done if we create a spot

Short term … id say we are more likely to bring in a kpd like COS and try to play sam dek in the ruck with blitz.

We need to try other mids we have. They are either up to it or not. Mullins was a win. Keep him in... and find out who else we have.

Then at years end …. Look at who is available …and who we can shake loose. Obviously we will continue to turn over our id group. Bruhn has been a huge win , id love to find another. Is there another young early pick kid not yet locked and gettable?

I agree pike (who i like) would only be a future development player like edwards not a 2024 solution.

Frankly though i would retire stanley or bews now and use the msd spot on harry boyd (if he was willing to come over). He could hardly do worse than what stanleys doing now.

I agree pike (who i like) would only be a future development player like edwards not a 2024 solution.

Frankly though i would retire stanley or bews now and use the msd spot on harry boyd (if he was willing to come over). He could hardly do worse than what stanleys doing now.

It’s a brutal call to make and one I’m not sure we would do it, but it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a brutal call to make and one I’m not sure we would do it, but it makes sense.

I know we probably wouldnt unless bews chooses to go. But i would because if we want to win the flag this year we need a readymade ruck now.

I really haven’t the reference to tell if a SANFL ruck could play ruck for us or would he even be selected but I doubt it. CS would probably ignore him and he would sit on the list clogging space. Its why (IF we paid out Stanley, Bews, etc) id just take the best kid we could add ..and just live with the issue. We have got what we have got.

To my mind its expossed more when our midfield is poor as well. How would Hardie or Mannagh have gone last night? I have no idea ..but id like to at least find out.. as they are mature and were picked to play.

Long term … I can see why Nash might be looked at . he is a FA so it really doesnt affect anything.

If we do not get Bail Smith .. who else do we look at. Under utilised kids? Brisb and Gold Coast probably have under utisled players (as we have discussed before) Is Robertson better than those we have?

I suspect there will be plenty of players available at years end..it will just be about being selective.

…and we have to decide what is the long term forwardline setup. If Neale is it ( still not sure on this) …
or do we have to trade someone in. Do we have a ping at King, who is out of form …or short term offer FA Memberry a contract?

Last edited:
I know it’s been said he won’t leave WA but Cal Twomey said on his pod that cats were keen on Yeo last year. And expected they’d be asking the question again.

We asked the question ..and strangely , WC seem happy to buck the trend and not want to turn over guys to get the picks

and like so many in WA .. they are happy there. Not sure if he will move unless WC offered him a ”Go away” contract.

I know we probably wouldnt unless bews chooses to go. But i would because if we want to win the flag this year we need a readymade ruck now.

You probably need ..MS Trade period. I see its mentioned on the draft board that Riedy over in Fremantle is unhappy with the lack of opportunity. I seem to remember you mentioned him before . Probably gets delisted or cheap pick upgrade at years end ….. but is he good enough. We know the type sour MC like…and the clips I have seen he reminds me of Fort. Several say he is the best tap ruck in the WAFL ..but is he althletic enough to be selected.

FWIW There are no ready made ruckmen in the MSD that will make an ounce of difference this year.
Let's just move on from that fantasy.
My 2 bobs worth on last night is that Our B and C grade mids got a lesson from 3 A graders and Drew last night.
Butters The Hornet Wines were simply dominant and unstoppable at times.
Danger Bowes Bruhn and Blitz are a BIG part of our midfield rotation.
If there is 1% chance of luring Elliot Yeo out of the West. Let's go and pay the man.
We haven't got an inside bull when Danger is sitting in street clothes. At 34yo it'll be a common occurrence going forward.
I'd also add that Bailey Smith is a walk up start into our starting 18.
And please let's please not play Holmes as a defender off half back. He forgets to do the defending part for me.
Anyhow. Enough ranting and rambling... i am still greatly miffed over last night's showing.
Cheers boys and fingers crossed we play Hardie Knevitt Humphries and even Jeka in the coming weeks to actually see what we have going forward..

You probably need ..MS Trade period. I see its mentioned on the draft board that Riedy over in Fremantle is unhappy with the lack of opportunity. I seem to remember you mentioned him before . Probably gets delisted or cheap pick upgrade at years end ….. but is he good enough. We know the type sour MC like…and the clips I have seen he reminds me of Fort. Several say he is the best tap ruck in the WAFL ..but is he althletic enough to be selected.
I honestly don't know anything about Liam Reidy.. just checked his 24 in June.
If he could fill in a spot next year if Conway could play majority of the season, but if Reidy could challenge Conway and push him to stay at his spot, that is exactly what we need... which also allowed Edwards to develop in the VFL as a ruckman or a forward.
Id be happy with that..

FWIW There are no ready made ruckmen in the MSD that will make an ounce of difference this year.
Let's just move on from that fantasy.
My 2 bobs worth on last night is that Our B and C grade mids got a lesson from 3 A graders and Drew last night.
Butters The Hornet Wines were simply dominant and unstoppable at times.
Danger Bowes Bruhn and Blitz are a BIG part of our midfield rotation.
If there is 1% chance of luring Elliot Yeo out of the West. Let's go and pay the man.
We haven't got an inside bull when Danger is sitting in street clothes. At 34yo it'll be a common occurrence going forward.
I'd also add that Bailey Smith is a walk up start into our starting 18.
And please let's please not play Holmes as a defender off half back. He forgets to do the defending part for me.
Anyhow. Enough ranting and rambling... i am still greatly miffed over last night's showing.
Cheers boys and fingers crossed we play Hardie Knevitt Humphries and even Jeka in the coming weeks to actually see what we have going forward..
Well I'm holding it to you we will get Bailey Smith 😎...

As we need that that brutal speed in the midfield... ( hopefully still has the speed after his knee reconstruction )

I wonder if Dusty is on the radar. My presumption is the sleepy hollow isn't his go.

If we have salary cap and aren't able to attract anyone this off-season on a long term contract, we could try and entice him down the highway for a year or two and plonk him at full forward.
You can’t be serious

I strongly doubt any kp players available in the msd are filling any senior gaps. I wouldn't bother

I strongly doubt any kp players available in the msd are filling any senior gaps. I wouldn't bother
I dont see the MSD as a plausible chance to fill immediate needs. Im doubtful many player just step out of a sub level leauge and be picked the week after drafting ..into a list with depth. There are exceptions but not many.

Id look at someone who missed drafting and has developed and will be drafted by years end…like McL at the Falcons or Pike etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back