List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Serong been placed on the LTI list or is there optimism within the club that he will return in the second half of the year?
He is already getting back to skills should be good to go all things going well by round 10 just building him up slowly

I don't get this.. In your eyes, he is 2nd best player in AFL for the position but only late 2nd rounder.

Yes - ultra-consistent small defenders don't exactly get written about in the papers and don't exactly command a high price at the trade table. It's entirely possible for him to be incredibly valuable to our side but not exactly valuable to the other 17 teams out there that they would part ways with a first round pick.

Yes - ultra-consistent small defenders don't exactly get written about in the papers and don't exactly command a high price at the trade table. It's entirely possible for him to be incredibly valuable to our side but not exactly valuable to the other 17 teams out there that they would part ways with a first round pick.
I disagree.. if a ultra-consistent small forward has value, then ultra-consistent small defenders who can negate them has value too.

I disagree.. if a ultra-consistent small forward has value, then ultra-consistent small defenders who can negate them has value too.

if a Kosi Pickett or Tom Papley is valued at two 1st rounders, then surely the likes of Hardwick(provided he is in top form) should be in similar ball park. That's 2-3 goals saved on avg per game.
Can you think of a BP that has been traded for even 1x 1st Rounder? Or one that you'd pay a 1st Rounder for?

I agree with Ned Ryerson , his value to us far outweighs what we'd get at trade.

Last edited:
I would think club recruiters may know more about what Hardwick offers than Joe Blow down the pub.

To a team which lacks a lock-down small/medium defender, with Dimma's record on quality small/medium forwards, at his age, I think he would be worth more than some think.

Recruiters don't just see glamour, they see the whole role.

Last edited:
In my opinion, our list is in a great spot. The only real questions I would raise are: Do we need to go to the draft and take a key forward with our top pick, or do we think Ramsden, Kosi, and Jeka (and I assume McCabe) are suitable to play alongside Lewis for the next decade? And do we believe one of Meek or Lynch is good enough to partner with Reeves for the next decade? I also think we need another small/medium/general forward and potentially a winger.

if a Kosi Pickett or Tom Papley is valued at two 1st rounders, then surely the likes of Hardwick(provided he is in top form) should be in similar ball park. That's 2-3 goals saved on avg per game.

Small forwards are always valued higher especially if they can play midfield minutes like Pickett and Papley can.

In my opinion, our list is in a great spot. The only real questions I would raise are: Do we need to go to the draft and take a key forward with our top pick, or do we think Ramsden, Kosi, and Jeka (and I assume McCabe) are suitable to play alongside Lewis for the next decade? And do we believe one of Meek or Lynch is good enough to partner with Reeves for the next decade? I also think we need another small/medium/general forward and potentially a winger.
Kosi and Jeka will likely be delisted. Rama looks the goods and solves two problems - 2nd forward and 2nd ruck (ala David Hale). Sicily is 28 so we need at least one more KPP, even if DGB and Weddle both make it. We have enough mids - a genuine speedy crumbing/pressure/goal kicking small forward is the other gap. Maybe some more outside speed as well.

This is all very do-able but given that talls take longer to develop, it must be the priority in the next draft. McCabe and one more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kosi and Jeka will likely be delisted. Rama looks the goods and solves two problems - 2nd forward and 2nd ruck (ala David Hale). Sicily is 28 so we need at least one more KPP, even if DGB and Weddle both make it. We have enough mids - a genuine speedy crumbing/pressure/goal kicking small forward is the other gap. Maybe some more outside speed as well.

This is all very do-able but given that talls take longer to develop, it must be the priority in the next draft. McCabe and one more.
Unsure we would delist both Jeka and Kosi. We are already light on for KPF getting rid of our only other two would be a bold move.

Unsure we would delist both Jeka and Kosi. We are already light on for KPF getting rid of our only other two would be a bold move.
Kosi hasn’t been able to get a game despite us crying out for a key forward. And I know Jeka is injured but he’s also been well short of where he needs to be when fit.

I feel confident saying these guys won’t get to where they need to be. Better to delist and move on and trying to get players who can be part of our future.

Kosi hasn’t been able to get a game despite us crying out for a key forward. And I know Jeka is injured but he’s also been well short of where he needs to be when fit.

I feel confident saying these guys won’t get to where they need to be. Better to delist and move on and trying to get players who can be part of our future.
No doubt they are both struggling but I just wouldn't cut more developed talls until we have definite replacements. We delist them both and Lewis goes down we are back to having no tall forwards. You're having to chuck a ruck in there again or Ramsden who isn't physically ready.

Surely we would have to keep one if we don't pick up a mature age or free agent KPF

I think Jeka is done as fwd. If he comes back, he needs to go back to CHB role and show us a lot to get a go and be atleast a trade bait.

Kosi is a wait and watch IMO, I saw small signs over last 2 VFL games of his hunger. Has a +ve attitude. I wish Sam asks him to play a few games as KPD when Blanck is back in AFL.

No doubt they are both struggling but I just wouldn't cut more developed talls until we have definite replacements. We delist them both and Lewis goes down we are back to having no tall forwards. You're having to chuck a ruck in there again or Ramsden who isn't physically ready.

Surely we would have to keep one if we don't pick up a mature age or free agent KPF
We saw already we would rather play no key forward over playing Kosi. So I’d say his papers are stamped. And from what I’ve seen of Jeka I’d put him in the same boat.

We can look to pick up a mature aged key forward as a stop gap.

But Kosi and Jeka’s time on our list is most likely done regardless of who we pick up.

I would think club recruiters may know more about what Hardwick offers than Joe Blow down the pub.

To a team which lacks a lock-down small/medium defender, with Dimma's record on quality small/medium forwards, at his age, I think he would be worth more than some think.

Recruiters don't just see glamour, they see the whole role.
I know Joe Blow. Not a bad bloke.

Kosi playing at Box Hill like he has been told he won't be given a new contract.

Jeka experiment is over. Too injury prone as well as questionable work ethic. If Serong shows enough in the back half of the season it makes this decision easy. We also may draft another tall in the mid season draft so we already have replaced him.

Wonder if Seamus stamps Josh Morris papers who is also injury prone and lacks the footskills for mine.

Ned Long is interesting - have we had a look at him as a tagger? I would be inclined to give him 1 more season as we don't really have another utility like him.

I am keeping Bramble for cheap and reliable depth. Maginess is a watch...

Wingard's time is up esp with JOS and Bennetts buzzing around the VFL showing great signs.

Ned Long and Finn are an interesting watch. I reckon only 1 makes the cut out of these two. Ned is the physical size of a tractor so maybe he might make it. Finn can’t find the ball or hit a target and needs a huge back half of the season to survive.

Kosi and Jeka the same. 1 may make the cut for pure depth on the list unless they take off in the back half of the season.

Chad will be moved on or retire.

Joshy Morris I don’t see what others do with him and reckon he will be moved on.

For me if the list changes were today

Out Long/Finn Jeka Morris Wingard

Kosi and one of Finn or Ned will be shouting Sammy Mitchell dinner tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back