Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

And it's being reported today that Freo may have no choice but to accept unders.

A lot to play out.

Dockers fans have two chances of being right (he stays or we pay overs).
Hawthorn fans one (He is traded for 'unders').

Why will Freo be forced exactly?

Why will Freo be forced exactly?

The final one is Lloyd Meek, who’s contracted to Fremantle until at least the end of the 2023 season but managed just 15 AFL games since being drafted in late 2017. The Dockers want to keep him, but he’s attracted interest from several clubs and reportedly wants to join Hawthorn. Freo might drive up its asking price, but it might have to settle for a later pick considering Meek’s lack of AFL exposure.

The tricky situation for the Dockers is that if they play serious hardball at the trade table for any of these aforementioned players, rivals could point out how Freo ‘lowballed’ these players when it presented its own contract offers to them and, therefore, the club’s respective asking prices shouldn’t be that high.

Only quoting from this article which could also mean absolutely nothing.

The final one is Lloyd Meek, who’s contracted to Fremantle until at least the end of the 2023 season but managed just 15 AFL games since being drafted in late 2017. The Dockers want to keep him, but he’s attracted interest from several clubs and reportedly wants to join Hawthorn. Freo might drive up its asking price, but it might have to settle for a later pick considering Meek’s lack of AFL exposure.

The tricky situation for the Dockers is that if they play serious hardball at the trade table for any of these aforementioned players, rivals could point out how Freo ‘lowballed’ these players when it presented its own contract offers to them and, therefore, the club’s respective asking prices shouldn’t be that high.

Only quoting from this article which could also mean absolutely nothing.
He is worth more to us as depth than a late pick in a weak draft.

Well I don’t mind Peel Thunder so I’m sure they will be pleased you held him to his contract and forced him to stay and play WAFL! Will look good for other potential recruits as well.
">#contracted👍
I get where your coming from and it will look bad if we keep holding players but we can’t afford to lose him for a s**t pick. Rather a player that’s in and out for you guys than an unknown pick in a crap draft.

All Freo fans want to see him flourish in the AFL somewhere. We just need a bit of over in return.

I get where your coming from and it will look bad if we keep holding players but we can’t afford to lose him for a s**t pick. Rather a player that’s in and out for you guys than an unknown pick in a crap draft.

All Freo fans want to see him flourish in the AFL somewhere. We just need a bit of over in return.
So he’s 24 ( I think), been in the system for 6 years and has managed 16 games. This equates to a fringe player and you only (usually) get token or sh@t picks when trading these types, contracted or not!

He’s a backup to us but to hawks would easily be your 1# ruck for the foreseeable future too.Is in contract and has a skill set that’s so widely in demand A pick between 30-40 should do it and hawks will probably still win the deal as he’s shown to be a very good starting ruck when presented with opportunity
He has not shown enough to suggest he will easily be the number 1 starting ruck over Reeves

Reeves is younger, better and has more potential. Meek will only get a gig if we run two rucks or reeves is injured. We aren’t giving up a second rounder for a backup ruck. I don’t think there’s a single hawthorn supporter that cares wether freo keep him or not. He’s more than welcome to sit in your twos all next year

Will be at Hawks next year, just not for what you think
She Hulk Marvel GIF by Temple Of Geek

Yeah... I'll show myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reeves is younger, better and has more potential. Meek will only get a gig if we run two rucks or reeves is injured. We aren’t giving up a second rounder for a backup ruck. I don’t think there’s a single hawthorn supporter that cares wether freo keep him or not. He’s more than welcome to sit in your twos all next year
Reeves (a whopping 7 months younger than Meek) averages less marks, disposals, clearances and hitouts to advantage than the guy who is the second string ruckman. Meek will be your number 1 ruck. Trust me.

Have you seen Meek play? I highly doubt this random Reeves fella is better than Meek.

I haven't been following this thread much but are people suggesting Pick 24?

That's a pipe dream guys, also I doubt we are still holding pick 24 I think it will be involved in another trade.
Personally think 24 is overs. Probably end up in one of these ridiculous picks swap things where I can't work out what was actually paid for him, but everyone nods knowingly so I just join in and add a 'hmmmm'.

Personally think 24 is overs. Probably end up in one of these ridiculous picks swap things where I can't work out what was actually paid for him, but everyone nods knowingly so I just join in and add a 'hmmmm'.
could see it being something similar to the ruck deal last year too where Fremantle get in a replacement back up ruck from another team and a pick

The only possible leverage is if Meek wants to go for opportunity. So if Reeves is gun and Meek is stuck in your twos there is literally no incentive to trade him unless he's passionate about playing VFL instead of WAFL.

Reeves (a whopping 7 months younger than Meek) averages less marks, disposals, clearances and hitouts to advantage than the guy who is the second string ruckman. Meek will be your number 1 ruck. Trust me.
0.1 marks difference… lmfao

0.4 clearances…

Aka sweet f all…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back