Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a mistake coming in here now school holidays have started.
Don't worry about those haters fam, you were right.

This Reeves campaigner has to be s**t because why would you be bringing in Meek if Reeves was actually good.

Was a mistake coming in here now school holidays have started.
You make a rubbish comment shitting on a young player and try to take the high road when people respond with rubbish comments shitting on the other young player.

But sure damn those pesky kids s**t posting

Don't worry about those haters fam, you were right.

This Reeves campaigner has to be s**t because why would you be bringing in Meek if Reeves was actually good.
Your bringing in a ruckmen as well yeah?, on 850k

Wow Darcy and Meek must be s**t

Reeves (a whopping 7 months younger than Meek) averages less marks, disposals, clearances and hitouts to advantage than the guy who is the second string ruckman. Meek will be your number 1 ruck. Trust me.
Meek averages less hitouts, less to advantage, 3 more handballs a game and half a clearance, he’s also a shockingly awkward kick and full developed while reeves is 8cm taller and still building his body and endurance, it won’t even be a contest as to who’s the better ruck in a year or twos time. I want my rucks to win hitouts, be dangerous forward and be able to take a contested grab.
Here’s highlights from one game which is probably better than all of Meeks 15~ games

What's wrong you people? How can you not see how this works. If a club thinks they have an AFL quality ruck playing behind an established one they don't go out and spend the equivalent of a late second to get another ruck in to support them when the incumbent retires. You draft a replacement. How the hell do you think this was sold to Meek ffs.
"Yes Lloyd I know you're sick of being stuck behind Darcy. Come sign with us and you can be behind Reeves and cheeks notes someone called M Lynch instead?".
He's coming to be no. 1.

The only possible leverage is if Meek wants to go for opportunity. So if Reeves is gun and Meek is stuck in your twos there is literally no incentive to trade him unless he's passionate about playing VFL instead of WAFL.
Hawthorn play a 2 ruckmen setup. Hawthorn only lost one game when we played 2 ruck.

The question isn't if Meek is better than Reeves(he's not) it's if he's better than Lynch.

Sorry to bring back some sensible discussion to this thread, but...

Lloyd Meek is a decent acquisition for Hawthorn and the right player to target. He is seeking better opportunity and the a deal will get done sensibly. A sensible deal is not an early second rounder or an end of draft pick but somewhere neatly between these 2.

IN terms of role and opportunity (which has come full circle more than once in this thread) - Hawthorn played 2 rucks at basically every opportunity last year. McEvoy has now retired. Reeves and Lynch (and McEvoy) had injury concerns which meant no ruck played more than 12 games last year. In fact, such was the shortage (with Ceglar and Brooksby moved on the year prior) that a now delisted medium forward (Callow) was played as a back up ruck, as was Jacob Kochitzke.

Reeves and McEvoy appeared to be our preferred pairing and with McEvoy retired, it presents a great opportunity for Meek. At this stage, Reeves is the incumbent #1 and one of them probably needs to develop their forward craft when not rucking. Lynch is arguably better around the ground than either but would be below both IMO in the ruck pecking order (plus their is concussion issues).

Long story short - Hawthorn can offer real opportunity to get games every week which Freo can't, especially if Jackson comes (highly likely). As a promising ruck down the pecking order in the right age bracket, it is the right player to target by Hawthorn as an affordable player who can improve the list. Both clubs will be fully aware of the situation and I'm sure an amicable deal will be done for pick swaps that will likely be the equivalent of pick 30-50.

Hawthorn play a 2 ruckmen setup. Hawthorn only lost one game when we played 2 ruck.

The question isn't if Meek is better than Reeves(he's not) it's if he's better than Lynch.
A pure ruck is not playing in the same side as Meek. Not at Hawthorn and not anywhere. Nobody plays two rucks where both can't play another position. Stuffs up the rotations.

A pure ruck is not playing in the same side as Meek. Not at Hawthorn and not anywhere. Nobody plays two rucks where both can't play another position. Stuffs up the rotations.
Reeves when playing with another ruckmen averaged a goal a game, where are you getting this Reeves can't play forward from?

Sorry to bring back some sensible discussion to this thread, but...

Lloyd Meek is a decent acquisition for Hawthorn and the right player to target. He is seeking better opportunity and the a deal will get done sensibly. A sensible deal is not an early second rounder or an end of draft pick but somewhere neatly between these 2.

IN terms of role and opportunity (which has come full circle more than once in this thread) - Hawthorn played 2 rucks at basically every opportunity last year. McEvoy has now retired. Reeves and Lynch (and McEvoy) had injury concerns which meant no ruck played more than 12 games last year. In fact, such was the shortage (with Ceglar and Brooksby moved on the year prior) that a now delisted medium forward (Callow) was played as a back up ruck, as was Jacob Kochitzke.

Reeves and McEvoy appeared to be our preferred pairing and with McEvoy retired, it presents a great opportunity for Meek. At this stage, Reeves is the incumbent #1 and one of them probably needs to develop their forward craft when not rucking. Lynch is arguably better around the ground than either but would be below both IMO in the ruck pecking order (plus their is concussion issues).

Long story short - Hawthorn can offer real opportunity to get games every week which Freo can't, especially if Jackson comes (highly likely). As a promising ruck down the pecking order in the right age bracket, it is the right player to target by Hawthorn as an affordable player who can improve the list. Both clubs will be fully aware of the situation and I'm sure an amicable deal will be done for pick swaps that will likely be the equivalent of pick 30-50.
How dare you sir. Strolling in here with your commonsense and (what I imagine to be) jaunty walk.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Either way, its unlikely he's picked the Hawks because he's mad keen to play in your 2nds over ours or one of the other clubs. So he probably thinks he is a good chance of being no1 or 1/2 at the Hawks. If he's not, then there is literally no leverage over us to let him leave so I think that is a terrible argument to use to drop his value.

Either way, its unlikely he's picked the Hawks because he's mad keen to play in your 2nds over ours or one of the other clubs. So he probably thinks he is a good chance of being no1 or 1/2 at the Hawks. If he's not, then there is literally no leverage over us to let him leave so I think that is a terrible argument to use to drop his value.
Unless the Hawks are paying him starting 22 money. I think its more that he can see the chance of being a number 1 rather than staying which he likely cant. Will be an interesting deal to watch unfold. If it's half the ride this thread has been we should all wear a helmet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless the Hawks are paying him starting 22 money. I think its more that he can see the chance of being a number 1 rather than staying which he likely cant. Will be an interesting deal to watch unfold. If it's half the ride this thread has been we should all wear a helmet
I'd normally agree, but given how many suitors he had, I find it hard to believe that the Hawks selling point didn't include a high chance at B22.

I'd normally agree, but given how many suitors he had, I find it hard to believe that the Hawks selling point didn't include a high chance at B22.
which it may well have, although management might be advising as well on best on field possibilities as well as who is best positioned to get the deal done and maybe that strengthened the Hawks position although I was surprised he didnt want to simply take Jackson's spot at Melbourne as they were linked werent they?

What the hawks posters are thoroughly failing to understand is that Meek is a bloody good AFL ruckman - not a depth pick up. At Freo, he did not get a game because Freo preferred the Rory Lobb ruck/forward as the second option rather than a ruck. (This was a mistake in my opinion but we digress).
In any other team apart from Melbourne he would be best 22. He's tipped to win the Sandover medal ffs.

which it may well have, although management might be advising as well on best on field possibilities as well as who is best positioned to get the deal done and maybe that strengthened the Hawks position although I was surprised he didnt want to simply take Jackson's spot at Melbourne as they were linked werent they?
Obviously I can't speak for Melbourne but I absolutely agree that ability to get the deal done was part of it.

What the hawks posters are thoroughly failing to understand is that Meek is a bloody good AFL ruckman - not a depth pick up. At Freo, he did not get a game because Freo preferred the Rory Lobb ruck/forward as the second option rather than a ruck. (This was a mistake in my opinion but we digress).
In any other team apart from Melbourne he would be best 22. He's tipped to win the Sandover medal ffs.
Winning the Sandover does not prove he is a bloody good AFL player.

Also suggesting he is a walk up start at 16 clubs is funny

How many players have won the Sandover medal and gone on to be an average AFL player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back