Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of hoping Meek stays at Fremantle due to how unreasonable they are at the trade table and their low-balling of Melbourne over Jackson.

It is not out of the realm of possibilities if West Coast down-grade their pick 2, then they would have multiple first round selections that could be used to satisfy Melbourne's trade demands for Jackson.
From what has been proposed on here (8 + F2 versus 2 x pick 13) WC downgrading pick 2 doesn't seem to create a much better trade, and is still significantly short of what Melbourne have asked for. According to Melbourne they are still short a top 10 pick.

Kind of hoping Meek stays at Fremantle due to how unreasonable they are at the trade table and their low-balling of Melbourne over Jackson.

It is not out of the realm of possibilities if West Coast down-grade their pick 2, then they would have multiple first round selections that could be used to satisfy Melbourne's trade demands for Jackson.
download.jpg download.jpg download.jpg

Yes, they must be so difficult to deal with - except, they're obviously not.

Edit

download.jpg

Last edited:
Gunna be a lot of upset Freo supporters come Wednesday night…

I'm more concerned for our Bigfooty supporter base if I'm honest. There are enough posters on our board lamenting our lack of involvement so far in trade week. If we can't prise Meek out of Fremantle (likely due to Rory Lobb and his landing spot) then our trade thread might completely implode.

I'm more concerned for our Bigfooty supporter base if I'm honest. There are enough posters on our board lamenting our lack of involvement so far in trade week. If we can't prise Meek out of Fremantle (likely due to Rory Lobb and his landing spot) then our trade thread might completely implode.
I’ll be honest mate, I think it’s going to implode regardless. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we've culled our list back to bring in youth, our current draft hand is pretty pitiful in comparison to the experience we've moved off the list this year.

I think for us to call the trade period a success we need the following:
Gunston out for a pick in the 40's
Mitchell out for a pick 25-30 range.
Meek in for the pick we get for Gunston

Considering we've culled our list back to bring in youth, our current draft hand is pretty pitiful in comparison to the experience we've moved off the list this year.

I think for us to call the trade period a success we need the following:
Gunston out for a pick in the 40's
Mitchell out for a pick 25-30 range.
Meek in for the pick we get for Gunston

I tend to agree that anything less will be considered a failed trade period.

We are very fortunate Karl Amon has come across.

3 picks inside 30 is a solid result to mirror what appears to be a successful collection of selections inside 30 from last season's draft

One Freo poster said of all the players leaving, Meek would be the worst case.

So someone may be upset.
That was me actually! Really rate old Meek!!

Acres - Easily replaceable with Henry, Erasmus, Johnson etc
Lobb - Enough said just want him gone
Logue - Offered insane money so don't begrudge him at all
Tucker - meh
Meek - Really rate him!! He could be playing in like 8 teams as the lead ruck

I tend to agree that anything less will be considered a failed trade period.

We are very fortunate Karl Amon has come across.

3 picks inside 30 is a solid result to mirror what appears to be a successful collection of selections inside 30 from last season's draft
Totally agreed, compare what we have to say GWS we are holding an average hand. We desperately need our recruiting staff to find some more later pick gems like Sicily (56) Poppy (66) Breust (47) Stratton (46) Moore (67) Hardwick (44).

Just won the WAFL B and F
Plenty of players who have won state league awards and gone on to do bugger all else.

League VFL B & F 2013 - Mitch Hallahan (Box Hill, went to GC cheap and did not much)

League VFL B & F 2014 - Alex Woodward (Box Hill, undersized for AFL, did knees a few times, got on Collingwoods list but eventually retired)

2014 & 2015 VFL leading goal kicker award (Frosty-Miller medal) - Sam Grimley (Box Hill). Played only a handful of AFL games and was delisted.

If Corbett was a Freo F4 Meek for a Hawthorn F5 sounds about right.

encino man smile GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back