Traded Logan Austin [traded to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have missed our club coming out and publicly shitcanning Austin and expressing our desire to be rid of him the way that Melbourne did with Watts? Whatever bargaining power they had, they managed to talk their way out of. One of the dumber trade week strategies I’ve ever seen but I’m glad my club was the beneficiary of it.

I’m not expecting a high pick. But promising contracted young talls don’t get traded for fourth rounders. At absolute worst Austin is worth something around what Harrison Wigg was traded for.
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2017

Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2017

End of 2018

The 20-year-old Canberran has signed a two-year contract extension to tie him to the Power until the end of the 2018 season.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-02-24/austin-locked-away-and-ready-to-play

The club should hold onto him, unless of course St Kilda are prepared to pay overs. If that means we get nothing for him this time next year, then so be it.

KPP depth is of far more value than some near-worthless speculative draft pick

This is very St Kilda - if they had pulled this stunt a month ago we’d have had time to trade him out and try and trade in another key defender for depth.

Surely, no decent Club comes for a contracted player on the penultimate day of trade period with a low ball offer.

It is a move you pull when you are prepared to pay a premium.

This is very St Kilda - if they had pulled this stunt a month ago we’d have had time to trade him out and try and trade in another key defender for depth.

Surely, no decent Club comes for a contracted player on the penultimate day of trade period with a low ball offer.

Just because we found out today doesn't mean it's only just come to fruition today.

Wigg signed today without anyone having any idea or nominations.

Perhaps Port are looking to draft another key back, perhaps the deal won't even happen.

Not unprecedented. Look at how they got their coach.

We have known about this for a few weeks - he was on our radar last year as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 429751

2x first rounders plus Zorko or we walk! :p
And on the last day the Ameetos said "thy will release Logan for that is what is right". The Port bogan was filled with the love of Ameetos and said "yes my Lord. It shall be done for Pick 95"

Good pick if St Kilda pulls it off.

Showed plenty, had a not so good 2017 for whatever reason and thus his trade value atm is at buyers market levels.

For mine he is one of the players on our list that has the potential to develop into a long term regular KPD.

His game Vs Collingwood at the G certainly showed that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back