Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

In relation to famous faces who were in the crowds watching our finals campaign, I forgot Matthew Croft. Didn't he give a pep talk to the fans before the walk across the bridge for the Hawthorn game?

Can't forget Merv Hughes doing some stuff in the lead up to the grand final.

I mean its not the best, but it will have to do. I have only recently made the change to HD about halfway through the season just gone, and only when you go back to normal telly can you really tell the difference
Once you have it in HD you can go back its like what Seinfeld said about flying that once you fly first\business class you cant go back to economy!

With energy levels low during the heatwave, it's interesting to view the Victory Pack yet again and note some of the famous faces who were in the crowds watching our triumph.

vs Hawthorn: Wil Anderson
vs G.W.S.: Melissa Doyle, Kevin Sheedy and Steve Waugh were all captured at the game, though I think supporting the other mob. Tony Liberatore also seen in the crowd.
vs Sydney: Tony Liberatore, Scott West, Ted Whitten junior, Ron Barassi, Kevin Murray, Stevie Payne (Michelle's brother) and one of the Hemsworth brothers, I forget which one.

There may be one or two other well known faces other people have seen or know about.
And was it Rylee West sitting next to his dad? And also Mitch Wallis was there

There's an article on the AFL website by Damo about Dan Hannebery (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-13/barrett-can-post2016-hanners-handle-the-pressure). This stood out to me:

Until that late stage of the 2016 Grand Final when Wood – who against AFL rules was awarded a free kick for the contact and who later, in a display of his renowned class, apologised to Hannebery for the action and damage it caused – made contact, Hannebery's career had not been questioned.

Wood didn't receive a free kick for that, did he? I also know he messaged him a few days later to check on his health, but that's the first time I've read that he supposedly apologised for it.

It was play on. And wasn’t even a slide.

Hannebery didn’t go in hard enough and got hurt

I mean, everyone was loving for instance the contest between Clay Smith and Griffen the week before, where both players attacked the ball the right way. Was that simultaneous free kicks against each other I wonder? They were both guilty of reckless play...

What are you supposed to do when approaching a ground ball from one direction and another player the other direction? Flip a coin? No after you sir. No I insist, after you... oh, no, I couldnt possibly....

the ball is on the ground. If both players keep their feet and try to win it they are going to clash heads at high speed. The safest, (and only sane way) to approach this contest is to get low and angle for side impact. Like it has been done forever.

The slide rule makes sense if one player is already at the ball, and another player comes in late - not when they both arrive simultaneously at high speed. Exactly the same as a late collision after a marking contest.

Last edited:
There's an article on the AFL website by Damo about Dan Hannebery (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-13/barrett-can-post2016-hanners-handle-the-pressure). This stood out to me:

Until that late stage of the 2016 Grand Final when Wood – who against AFL rules was awarded a free kick for the contact and who later, in a display of his renowned class, apologised to Hannebery for the action and damage it caused – made contact, Hannebery's career had not been questioned.

Wood didn't receive a free kick for that, did he? I also know he messaged him a few days later to check on his health, but that's the first time I've read that he supposedly apologised for it.
He didn’t get a free kick, it was play on. But even if H had received a free I’m guessing it would have made no difference to the outcome of the game.

And to people who say whadabout the other missed frees, well, once you change one of those decisions, the game then unfolds in a different way, with a different set of contests, not necessarily to the advantage of the Swans, who didn’t play very well anyway.

Not salty at all are ya

Just on this (considering there were a couple of Dees lurkers who felt the need to react to my post as well), it was 5 years to the day since our Premiership - one of only two in our history. As a supporter group, we were/are disappointed in how this year’s Grand Final played out for us. My post was to remind us on our Premiership anniversary what a bloody special day it was for us & how, yes, it it was still so much better than what winning this year’s Grand Final would’ve been locked down on the other side of the country.

Any attempts to diminish it (like by citing some umpiring conspiracy theorist crap) & thoughts that we’re not allowed to bring it up without being ‘salty’ because we lost recently are pathetic.

For the record I’m proud of how our Bulldogs made what was only our 4th Grand Final ever & I’m okay with the Dees breaking their own Premiership drought - I just wish it was another year.

But my Bulldogs winning 5 years ago & being physically there at the MCG in a sea of red, white blue breaking our Premiership drought to win only our second Premiership ever was the best day ever! Second only to my wedding day in case this post finds its way back to my wife. Capping it off, I got engaged to said wife a couple of days later just before attending the Best & Fairest. And a couple of days later, a racehorse we had shares in won a provincial race at Kembla. So it was quite literally also the best week of my life.

And nothing will take that away from me.

Go Doggies!!

Just on this (considering there were a couple of Dees lurkers who felt the need to react to my post as well), it was 5 years to the day since our Premiership - one of only two in our history. As a supporter group, we were/are disappointed in how this year’s Grand Final played out for us. My post was to remind us on our Premiership anniversary what a bloody special day it was for us & how, yes, it it was still so much better than what winning this year’s Grand Final would’ve been locked down on the other side of the country.

Any attempts to diminish it (like by citing some umpiring conspiracy theorist crap) & thoughts that we’re not allowed to bring it up without being ‘salty’ because we lost recently are pathetic.

For the record I’m proud of how our Bulldogs made what was only our 4th Grand Final ever & I’m okay with the Dees breaking their own Premiership drought - I just wish it was another year.

But my Bulldogs winning 5 years ago & being physically there at the MCG in a sea of red, white blue breaking our Premiership drought to win only our second Premiership ever was the best day ever! Second only to my wedding day in case this post finds its way back to my wife. Capping it off, I got engaged to said wife a couple of days later just before attending the Best & Fairest. And a couple of days later, a racehorse we had shares in won a provincial race at Kembla. So it was quite literally also the best week of my life.

And nothing will take that away from me.

Go Doggies!!

Nothing will ever take it away mate. They can bit** and moan all they like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back