Remove this Banner Ad

Skystyler

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Austinmer
AFL Club
Sydney
http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles/2008/06/29/1214677852738.html

"I haven't spoken to (Goodes, since the suspension), but generally part of coaching is teaching and players listening, and one of the most frustrating parts is when players don't listen.
"And clearly Adam didn't listen and now he suffers accordingly.
"It's a bit like when one of your kids does something wrong. Most of the time they do the right things, but when they do things wrong you get frustrated, and it's exactly the same scenario.
"We spoke to Adam, we sat him down, we told him how to go about his footy, and he agreed.
"And then two weeks later he does exactly the same thing and costs himself a spot in the team and costs his teammates."

He hasn't spoken to him?

If I was Goodes I would be furious that my coach was bagging me out in the press over a bullshit report that I would've beaten if the club had let me contest it, without even talking to me first to get my side of the story.

Roos himself said the day after the game that he'd watched the footage and he wasn't worried about it.

Poor form, Paul :thumbsdown:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles/2008/06/29/1214677852738.html

He hasn't spoken to him?

If I was Goodes I would be furious that my coach was bagging me out in the press over a bullshit report that I would've beaten if the club had let me contest it, without even talking to me first to get my side of the story.

Roos himself said the day after the game that he'd watched the footage and he wasn't worried about it.

Poor form, Paul :thumbsdown:

No it's not. Goodes has done this repeatedly and Roos has spoken to him about it every time.

If anything it's poor form goodes. I really hope he learns a lesson from this.

Good on Roosy. Goodes really needs a kick in the arse, not just a slap on the wrist from Roosy.

I wonder what the leadership's gotta say to Goodes when they come back from their break. Hm.

I second the two posts (nicky and is2SWaNz) above me. As I said in the other thread he needs this to straighten up and fly right for the rest of the year.

luv the coach, but this time he is in the wrong

you can't just criticise a player for minor reports

as a coach, he should be protecting his players instead of having a go at them in front of the media :thumbsdown:

Goodes was a tool, he deserves all he gets from Roos and the player leadership group.

Same as Hall did for his stupidity.

I agree with the posters saying that Goodes needs to straighten up but Roos does seem to publicly criticize Goodes a lot. Maybe he has worked out that this is what Goodes responds to best? It seemed to work when he publicly criticized his early season form.

I agree with the posters saying that Goodes needs to straighten up but Roos does seem to publicly criticize Goodes a lot. Maybe he has worked out that this is what Goodes responds to best? It seemed to work when he publicly criticized his early season form.

Obviously talking to Goodes didn't work, so I guess this is Roos' alternative approach. Let's just hope this time Goodes learns his lesson. He really has let the team and the supporter's down.

Obviously talking to Goodes didn't work, so I guess this is Roos' alternative approach. Let's just hope this time Goodes learns his lesson. He really has let the team and the supporter's down.

Yes, he has let down himself,the club,supporters,and more importantly his people. He is after all supposed to be a role model for indiginous players.
But saying all that,i think he will bounce back,and lead us into the finals!

luv the coach, but this time he is in the wrong

you can't just criticise a player for minor reports

as a coach, he should be protecting his players instead of having a go at them in front of the media :thumbsdown:
Fair enough,i find it hard to believe Roos has not spoken to Goodes and came out in the media saying that,remember what happened to Davis when he opened his mouth to the press without consulting the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough,i find it hard to believe Roos has not spoken to Goodes and came out in the media saying that,remember what happened to Davis when he opened his mouth to the press without consulting the club

Who says he has not consulted the club? Since when has ONE PLAYER been bigger than the club?

Goodes is on the payroll, Roos is his boss. Roos has spoken to him about his misbehavior on the field. Explained this could cause him to miss games.

He has let his team mates down, the club down and all the supporters that go to games each week (not to mention sponsors). He has done the wrong thing on many occasions this season.

If Roos feels the only way to get through to him (after speaking to him directly in the past) is to go through the media, then I hope it sinks in.

People are getting up in arms over this, but if his behaviour does not stop, we may well miss him for finals.

Do you really want to go into the finals without Goodes?

Geez, there has to be more to this? Goodes doesnt deserve to be bagged out for the last incident, it was just a bump, Roos dished out a few himself once, alot harder than that, I would have thought Goodes would get alot more support than this, from the coach, club, and us supporters! Pretty sure 'more' headlines wouldnt help Goodes either!

Wake up!

Now that Goodesy has gone for that (Bartrum Incident) .... he must avoid similiar at least for a while. Change and decide to tackle instead of instinctively run at a contested ball. Otherwise he will be suspended .. at the slightest replica... again!

Roosey comments takes the pressure off , letting all and sundry know he has been told and reinforcing that what the AFL doesn't want , then Swans will support the decision;).. not defy!

The only reason he went for the last incident was public preceived pressure that could be worded "he thinks he can get away with it, is allowed to by AFL, and Sydney also condone it"

Wake up!

Now that Goodesy has gone for that (Bartrum Incident) .... he must avoid similiar at least for a while. Change and decide to tackle instead of instinctively run at a contested ball. Otherwise he will be suspended .. at the slightest replica... again!

Roosey comments takes the pressure off , letting all and sundry know he has been told and reinforcing that what the AFL doesn't want , then Swans will support the decision;).. not defy!

The only reason he went for the last incident was public preceived pressure that could be worded "he thinks he can get away with it, is allowed to by AFL, and Sydney also condone it"

fair point about the pressure off bit (i dont know how to highlight), I dont really think Goodes would be out of the loop!

Don't see anything wrong with what Roos said. Soft suspension or not, this is the third time this year Goodes has been cited, and we simply can't afford for him to be missing games through suspension.

Coaches and players are far too censored in this day and age. If Roos felt that coming out and saying what he did will help ensure that Goodes 'gets the message' and will reduce the chances of it happening again, then so be it.

Who says he has not consulted the club? Since when has ONE PLAYER been bigger than the club?

Goodes is on the payroll, Roos is his boss. Roos has spoken to him about his misbehavior on the field. Explained this could cause him to miss games.

He has let his team mates down, the club down and all the supporters that go to games each week (not to mention sponsors). He has done the wrong thing on many occasions this season.

If Roos feels the only way to get through to him (after speaking to him directly in the past) is to go through the media, then I hope it sinks in.

People are getting up in arms over this, but if his behaviour does not stop, we may well miss him for finals.

Do you really want to go into the finals without Goodes?
I still find it hard to believe,Roosy is one of the best spin doctors in AFL.
Get on thing straight,what he did was nothing the game has gone soft.
Renouf from Hawthorn today got 3 reduced to one with an early plea,what he did was elbow Selwood right in the face,in the context of Goodes getting 2 this is a joke,if the most hated player on our list did that he would have got 6.
Yes i love goodes as a player and will defend him,yes he has to change the way he has played footy for 9 years which all of a sudden is brutal towards opposition players shoulders,gee he's bad,.
If Plugger got Caven these days he'd be doing more time in the nick than Fat Tony.
Thank you Mase

Viva la Roos!

Nothing else needs be said and/or done, except for the heading. I thought they meant it literally :p

I still find it hard to believe,Roosy is one of the best spin doctors in AFL.
Get on thing straight,what he did was nothing the game has gone soft.
Renouf from Hawthorn today got 3 reduced to one with an early plea,what he did was elbow Selwood right in the face,in the context of Goodes getting 2 this is a joke,if the most hated player on our list did that he would have got 6.
Yes i love goodes as a player and will defend him,yes he has to change the way he has played footy for 9 years which all of a sudden is brutal towards opposition players shoulders,gee he's bad,.
If Plugger got Caven these days he'd be doing more time in the nick than Fat Tony.
Thank you Mase

Is this available in English ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back