Preview Round 1, 2022 vs Brisbane Lions @ GABBA, 19/03/22

Remove this Banner Ad

To an extent this is basically pre season game 3 given we are Brisbanes “bye week”

So meh real stuff starts next week

Pretty meh looking team. Dixon and Fantasia out gives it a really toothless look.

Would've had Motlop and Sinn ahead of Jones and Mead, both of whom I thought were poor in the pre season games.

We're going to lose by heaps.

The more this board says we are going to lose, the more it's a certainty that we win.

It doesn't work for most games, but for R1 it's like an immutable law.

View attachment 1346626
Out of 22 who played in 2021 PF loss side. SPP was medical sub and Georgi was injured.

Ladhams - traded out
Dixon, Fantasia, Bergman - injury
Motlop - form

In - Georgiades, Finlayson, SPP, Jones, Mead

Mots or Mayes will be medical sub unless there is a question mark about McKenzie who didn't play against the crows.

You would have to say we have a weaker sider for this game than the one going into last year's PF who didn't turn up for some reason.

should have Motlop miles in front of mead. Very strange decision.

especially if rozee and butters are run through the midfield.

their side looks very good but I’m hopeful we will show something and cause a big upset

port by 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a few have commented, Mead seriously lucky i recon. Did less than nothing to get selected in the two preseason games.

Hayes a red hot chance of playing with Finlayson going down at training today.

As a few have commented, Mead seriously lucky i recon. Did less than nothing to get selected in the two preseason games.

Hayes a red hot chance of playing with Finlayson going down at training today.
What happened? Was that before they flew out or up at the Gabba??

Should be playing Sinn, could've done with the height of Skinner in defence, and we're still dicking Hayes around. We look pretty slow in the midfield too. Don't have a good feeling about this game. Feel like it'll be like the last couple of times we've played the Lions.

According to sportsbet, Port are the longest odds to win, at $2.63 and Carlton next at $2.53. no one else is $2.20 or higher.

That means about 65% of people or 65% of the $$$ are on Brisbane to win.

Then again GC are $1.72 to beat WC ($2.13) in Perth on Sunday which is a surprise.

Hinkley played it safe with McKenzie over Skinner. Skinner based on his first SANFL trial though was really impressive, hopefully he gets a chance later.

Sinn should have been in over Mead, maybe they wanted Mead to play at half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back