Prediction Round 16: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Their backline looks ripe to murder us if we end up losing in the midfield again and have to bomb it long due to their pressure.
Hopefully fyfe plays a good amount of the game in the middle

In the fiest few games of the year (especially Melb and Carlton) all we did was bomb it into the forward fifty, but last few games we’ve learnt to lower our eyes. Should be a big difference in how we play vs first game against Carlton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If St Kilda are broke and we can fit 60,000 in the stadium by then we might be able to talk them into having the game at Optus and they get the gate proceeds.

Can’t believe that Eddie Everywhere just said we should get our game against Hawthorn as a home game as Hawks have already benefited from an extra home game due to COVID. Hopefully the AFL will keep listening to him…

To the Freo Faithful, Embrace this game. This is why we are fans. Yes, it could all come crashing down, but we WANT to play relevant games. We WANT to have skin in the game. We WANT something on the line. If you don't have anything to lose, you have nothing to gain. Would you rather be a North Melbourne, Saints, or any other team below us on the ladder's supporter right now? Hell no.

If we lose, well, no one had us playing finals and I bet most of us would have been happy being in 9th place half way through the season.

But, imagine if they pull off a win at the MCG under the lights?

This board will go ape s**t.

I want every single Freo supporter within 2 hours of Melbourne to turn up and make some noise!

Go read my post in the Carlton game preview thread if ya need a pump up!

:freo: :freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo:

Borrowed this from the Carlton board, but unless my eyes deceive me, we are significantly younger and less experienced.
As much as many Carlton fans won’t want to admit it per Joao discussions on the main board, the reason we are 10x more exciting and brighter as a prospect is not just the two more wins but the age of our list. Carlton should be absolutely in the 8 with the age of their list team. Don’t forget they are missing Murphy and Docherty as well that raises that average age normally (even if both are past it).

Make no mistake about it. This is now the biggest match that pretty much all the players under the age of 24 on out list have ever played.
Brayshaw
Cerra
Tucker
Serong
Darcy
Logue
Walker
Treacy
Switkowski
Schultz
Bewley

Even Alex Pearce probably hasn’t played in as big a match as this before.

What an opportunity to make a statement to the competition that we are no longer irrelevant, that we have arrived again on the scene as a force to be taken seriously.
* Carlton. Remember how they bullied us off the park last April. No more of that bullshit. We need to go out and bury this club back into the mediocrity they have been in the last 25 years.
If the team can’t get pumped up for this one I don’t know what to think anymore.

paddy dows nearly played the same amount of games as AP? there’s disturbing about that
Yeah it’s ****ed isn’t it. Brayshaw and Cerra have both played about 15 games more than AP. He’s missed about 80 games due to injury id say

Make no mistake about it. This is now the biggest match that pretty much all the players under the age of 24 on out list have ever played.
Brayshaw
Cerra
Tucker
Serong
Darcy
Logue
Walker
Treacy
Switkowski
Schultz
Bewley

Even Alex Pearce probably hasn’t played in as big a match as this before.

What an opportunity to make a statement to the competition that we are no longer irrelevant, that we have arrived again on the scene as a force to be taken seriously.
fu** Carlton. Remember how they bullied us off the park last April. No more of that bullshit. We need to go out and bury this club back into the mediocrity they have been in the last 25 years.
If the team can’t get pumped up for this one I don’t know what to think anymore.
Rip their bloody throats out.. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 - Traded for Saad, picked Durdin, Carroll
2019 - Bid, Bid, panic, traded, picked Kemp, Philip, Ramsay

I don't think it's such a bad thing that players drafted the last two seasons can't get a game - but that would be because the players in the side are better than them with the young players still being quality. This would be evidenced by the dominating performances on field we've seen from the Blues the last two seasons.

To the Freo Faithful, Embrace this game. This is why we are fans. Yes, it could all come crashing down, but we WANT to play relevant games. We WANT to have skin in the game. We WANT something on the line. If you don't have anything to lose, you have nothing to gain. Would you rather be a North Melbourne, Saints, or any other team below us on the ladder's supporter right now? Hell no.

If we lose, well, no one had us playing finals and I bet most of us would have been happy being in 9th place half way through the season.

This board will go ape sh*t.

I want every single Freo supporter within 2 hours of Melbourne to turn up and make some noise!

:freo: :freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo::freo:

I smiled as I was reading this

But it was a sad smile

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t believe that Eddie Everywhere just said we should get our game against Hawthorn as a home game as Hawks have already benefited from an extra home game due to COVID. Hopefully the AFL will keep listening to him…

That’s a great idea! Also shafts Tasi for not helping out this round

This board will go ape sh*t.

Tickets don't seem to be available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back