Prediction Round 21: Changes Vs Brisbane + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ticket prices for our games are ridiculous.
I paid $35 for a ticket to the Dreamtime game that would've cost $70+ for a Freo home game.

I don't think there should be a surprise to see the difference in the crowd at the Dreamtime game Vs a regular Dockers game.

Cheapest standard adult ticket for this weekend appears to be $35
Yeah surprisingly no GA deals for this one

There was a 3 game membership offered for the tigers, lions and wce game for $89 last week. Crazy value compared to what it would cost to get to a wce home derby

89 would be the ticket itself!

With AP coming back in I see that Tucker has been named on a wing, I hope he actually plays there. Much better suited there than at half back imo.

With AP coming back in I see that Tucker has been named on a wing, I hope he actually plays there. Much better suited there than at half back imo.
Tucker is definitely better on the wing but I also liked Henry on the wing too. When Banfield went off last week they put Blakely on the wing and pushed Henry back into the forward line where he went out of the game. Fortunately for Henry’s development he was able to play more minutes on the wing in the second half. Henry‘s kick into the centre of the ground in the first quarter was a cracker, I’m not sure Tucker would have bitten that off.

I'm not sure it is to be honest. I'd almost rather him play

He hasn't had a great season but at least it's one good player less to worry about.

If we bring the same effort and intensity as Sunday, and if we can kick straight, we should win. Fingers crossed. Would love the boys to go into the Derby with everything to play for.

It will be nice if sean darcy puts that mathieson on his arse this week. Would there be a bigger show pony who has achieved nothing in the game than him

It will be nice if sean darcy puts that mathieson on his arse this week. Would there be a bigger show pony who has achieved nothing in the game than him
Possibly the least talented AFL player of all time to have his own patented goal celebration Mathieson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This, ticket prices for our games are ridiculous.

I don't think we need equal pricing with the Eagles, their demand is clearly higher, I think some more acceptable prices would see us get another 5+k each week.

Preach.

Haven’t been a member since 07. From 01 - 07 they upped the price every season except one. Felt you could justify it for a winning season but increasing it when we were s**t doesn’t fly.

Probably minimal changes coming, but when you look at the interchange bench only Meek should be guaranteed of a game IMO

No way the only change is Pearce for Banfield. We will go in too tall at the back. Watson will have to go out for him and then I reckon Bewley replaces Banfield. I would love to see NOD given a go but I don't know who you take out for him unless you bring him in instead of Bewley.

No way the only change is Pearce for Banfield. We will go in too tall at the back. Watson will have to go out for him and then I reckon Bewley replaces Banfield. I would love to see NOD given a go but I don't know who you take out for him unless you bring him in instead of Bewley.

Can't agree at all. Watson cant beat a player taller than him, so we only have Logue and Pearce to man any talls and there's every chance that Logue may be the best option for Cameron.

Last edited:
What? Too tall at the back?

Lions have Daniher, Fullarton and McStay with McInerney rotating in there..

Could we start to get some experience into Noddy by playing him at HF? Similar to playing Cerra in defence at first.

No Neale for Brisbane is huge

Neale was missing in the Round 8 game earlier in the season too, and they blew us away in the first half.

Seeing Robertson is named, he might come in for a tagging role on either Cerra or Brayshaw.

Adams and Hipwood seem to be the two key missing players from Brisbane's side. Gardiner as well: 193cm defender.

Our turnover of names is pretty huge between Round 8 and now. Although some of the big names like Fyfe and Walters are going to be missing from that game, there's some more than handy inclusions this time around in Cerra, Pearce and Ryan.

Out from Round 8: Fyfe, Cox, Walters, Frederick (s), Lobb, Duman, Conca, Acres,

Not playing in Round 8 but in line to play this week : Cerra, Pearce, Walker, Young, Meek, Treacy, Western, Ryan,
(Depending on Final teams - Watson also played Rd 8, Hughes and the other subs named didn't).

Blakely was also the sub in Round 8, coming on early to replace Frederick.

Last edited:
Likely to be wet and windy on Sunday so we shouldn’t be too worried about the Brisbane talls.
Interesting that we have named four back flankers in the eight not listed in the starting eighteen. Possibly no one else fit and available.
I think Meek, Walker, Western and Blakely should make the cut with Tobe the medical sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back