Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure why he didn't get a run first up tbh.

When was the last time we played a draftee round one in their first year? seems like we did that back in the day with people like Hill, Pavlich etc.
Brayshaw and Banfield in 2018 i reckon

iirc pav waited a month or so to make his debut didn't he?

View attachment 1357850

Bigger already mentioned it.

I would like to think that puts the loss into perspective but it’s how we lost that was so deflating.
Mentioned it the other thread but unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that while we continue to lose quality players almost every year, the rebuild is going to go longer and longer. 7 years is way to long to be out of finals and while I'm not excusing the s**t on the weekend, until we manage to keep all our draft picks, we are going to continue to tread water every year.

The teams that rebuild quickly dont lose players they want to keep or have obnoxious academy's to mitigate the effect of whoever they lose.

There are plenty of things JL and co need to get better at but as long as we are bottom 3 for games played / average age every week, we are going to miss finals.

tucker was dross on the weekend but can someone tell me how many CBA he had? AFL app is s**t and cant bring it up, pointless playing him if its not in the guts and we were struggling there both weeks

A lot of posters had Acres in their round one team based on preseason , its taken two games to see he’s still not good enough he turns up for preseason give him that.

tucker was dross on the weekend but can someone tell me how many CBA he had? AFL app is s**t and cant bring it up, pointless playing him if its not in the guts and we were struggling there both weeks

Five.

Serong - 18
Brayshaw - 17
Meek - 16
Brodie - 12
Switkowski - 7
Darcy - 5
Tucker - 5
O'Driscoll - 3
Walters - 1

I reiterate, Caleb Serong lifting is the key to our success.

Five.

Serong - 18
Brayshaw - 17
Meek - 16
Brodie - 12
Switkowski - 7
Darcy - 5
Tucker - 5
O'Driscoll - 3
Walters - 1

I reiterate, Caleb Serong lifting is the key to our success.
agreed serong has been disappointing this season, i just cannot understand how little tucker is being played in the middle especially when were missing fyfe/mundy and getting belted there and our backline is stacked as is

agreed serong has been disappointing this season, i just cannot understand how little tucker is being played in the middle especially when were missing fyfe/mundy and getting belted there and our backline is stacked as is
He’s been playing midfield as far as I can tell, just not starting at the CBs which given he lacks contested footy, speed and strength is probably a good thing.

anyway changes for mine:

out - tucker, banfield, acres, walters, darcy
in - erasmus, sturt, walker, henry, mundy

keep noddy in the 22, move chapman up the ground see if he can have more influence on a wing, rotating with freddie maybe neither have had the impact expected of them

He’s been playing midfield as far as I can tell, just not starting at the CBs which given he lacks contested footy, speed and strength is probably a good thing.
Tucker is the 'barometer' of our team. When we are on he is on i.e. refer to the last time we played the eagles he was a gun. It is okay to have players like him only if you have all other needs addressed. We need more aggressive ball winners which is what Noddy and Ras will bring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker is the 'barometer' of our team. When we are on he is on i.e. refer to the last time we played the eagles he was a gun. It is okay to have players like him only if you have all other needs addressed. We need more aggressive ball winners which is what Noddy and Ras will bring.
Just on barometer, we've never lost a game where schultz has kicked 2+ goals

Walker Hamling Clark
Ryan Pearce Wilson
Chapman Serong Young
Erasmus Cox Sturt
Schultz Lobb Switta
Meek Brayshaw Mundy
Blakely Crowden O'Driscoll Logue

Assuming that Darcy and Taberner are out.
Blakely in to try and stop the bleeding midfield.
Emphasis on quicker ball movement and adding in some defensive small backs with pace

In Wilson, Walker Sturt, Mundy, Crowden, O'Driscoll, Blakely Cox erasmus
Out: Acres, Tucker, Banfield, Brodie, Colyer, Darcy Aish Walters freddy

Aish unlucky...could drop Logue or Wilson and put Aish at half back

Edit: Forgot Erasmus, Freddy out

Ahh the good old 8 changer …. Always a sign of a quality performance last game

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I can never understand why they send guys to the bench after a goal. Leave them out there with the adrenaline, especially with home crowds. I can understand if they are spent but you would think a goal would make them feel well and truly up and about.

I’ve got no idea why with on the run goals but I was told for set shots everyone else is moving into position to defend a kick in

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Shoulda chucked Aish in there too. On the flip side I hope it is a wake up call to Serong and he realises how much he has to step up on e Mundy retires.

Fremantle look set to unveil top-10 draftee Neil Erasmus in Sunday’s must-win western derby after he trained on Tuesday alongside players from the weekend’s loss to St Kilda.

The Dockers split into three groups of between eight to 10 players to train on Tuesday as they look to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 after watching the virus destroy West Coast’s playing stocks last week.

Erasmus was the only player out on the track on Tuesday who represented Peel Thunder in a pre-season clash against Perth on Saturday, potentially hinting that he is in line to play his first AFL game at the weekend.

The 18-year-old, who was taken with Fremantle’s second pick, number 10 in last year’s draft, was among the best for the Thunder in their win over the Demons, continuing his push for an AFL berth.

A debut for the Subiaco product against the Eagles could be salt in the wounds for the Dockers’ cross-town rivals, who missed out on having the highly-touted midfielder as a Next Generation Academy prospect because of missed emails.

Erasmus, who was born in South Africa, qualified for the Eagles’ NGA but had to be locked away by his 16th birthday, which would have given the club priority access to him should he fall outside of the top-20 ‘protected zone’.

Veteran Michael Walters also hit the track in the same group as Erasmus, but had his left wrist heavily strapped.

Walters did little ball work during the light session, trying to mark with just his right hand as well as spending time on the sidelines as others did contact work.

The 31-year-old was set for scans yesterday on the wrist injury which he sustained when he landed awkwardly after trying to tackle former teammate Brad Hill just prior to half-time.

Nat Fyfe (back) and Nathan Wilson (shoulder) did not train with the main group, while David Mundy and Brennan Cox are still in isolation as part of the AFL’s health and safety protocols.

Forward Matt Taberner trained alongside teammates, but did not kick with his preferred left foot as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury sustained on the eve of the 2021 season.

Ruck prospect Eric Benning also trained in a promising sign after a leg injury hindered his pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back