Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite true but they are quality sides

Thank god the giants have injuries just when we need them to
For sure. It’s not like we get to play them at the MCG where they’re hopeless. The injuries could be crucial.

We win, we put some space on them, it’s an opportunity.

Neer said it wasnt.

I just said two back to back interstate games vs quality opponents is a tough gig.

In fact its probably a first for Collingwood to travel twoce in two weeks against top eight sides.

And hence, thank God we got off to a good start last week.

For sure. It’s not like we get to play them at the MCG where they’re hopeless. The injuries could be crucial.
Win against GWS and the Richmond game is far less important, don't get me wrong I want to pound them fkrs into the turf at every opportunity but we have bigger fish to fry, lose to GWS and the Richmond game is a must win.

Crisp Roughead Greenwood
Aish Scharenberg Quaynor

Grundy Sidebottom Treloar
Phillips Maynard Adams

Mihocek Howe WHE
De Goey Cox Elliott

Sier Noble Brown Mayne

Emer:
Crocker Thomas Daicos Wills

Win against GWS and the Richmond game is far less important, don't get me wrong I want to pound them fkrs into the turf at every opportunity but we have bigger fish to fry, lose to GWS and the Richmond game is a must win.

If we can avoid WC altogether that would be great! A top four of Geelong, Collingwood, Brisbane and Richmond (in any order) is certainly my preference. First things first let’s get the 4 more wins to lock in top 4 👍

Adams for Pendles if available, likewise Howe for Moore. Crocker, not encessarily a kind decision to give him another chance right now, given it's a second interstate game vs a top 6 and and pacey side so a pretty severe test for him.

Neer said it wasnt.

I just said two back to back interstate games vs quality opponents is a tough gig.

In fact its probably a first for Collingwood to travel twoce in two weeks against top eight sides.

Absolutely, I got the sentiment. Last week was massive we got some mongrel back into us and some belief.

We can rebound from the the slump we were in, win the next two and we are in good shape. Not easy but a great opportunity, I think we were coasting a bit and got caught out.

We really should be able to defeat GWS with all of Kelly, Coniglio, Ward and possibly Mumford missing from their midfield.
It's basically their first choice starting 4.
Our stock of tall defenders will be hard pressed against their forward line though given Moore's absence.
Better just stop supply!

Neer said it wasnt.

2016 we played GWS and Adelaide back to back interstate.
Can’t recall if they were both in the eight then.
But it’s happened two trips in a row for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pendles will play even if 50/50. Yes he can sit out this week knowing his absence is somewhat nullified by their loss of Cogs and Kelly, but these are the games you want to make sure of.

They still have talent all across the park. And it's at their ground, too.

I just think he plays.

I think Pendles will play even if 50/50. Yes he can sit out this week knowing his absence is somewhat nullified by their loss of Cogs and Kelly, but these are the games you want to make sure of.

They still have talent all across the park. And it's at their ground, too.

I just think he plays.

Don't think he will. It's only 7 days after surgery. Adams will be in. Sidey to captain? or is it Adams?

Howe and shaz are no brainers, we will definitely need an aerial presence they provide to stop Cameron and Finlayson. Tay straight swap for Pendles.

Even tho we have injuries it is no where near the same as last year, hopefully we get our list cherry ripe for september

Howe and shaz are no brainers, we will definitely need an aerial presence they provide to stop Cameron and Finlayson. Tay straight swap for Pendles.

Even tho we have injuries it is no where near the same as last year, hopefully we get our list cherry ripe for september
Will Finlayson play? He didn’t play against the tigers

In: Shaz Adams Howe (if fit)
Out: Moore Crocker Pendlebury
Have Crisp do a run with job with Whitfield

Don't think he will. It's only 7 days after surgery. Adams will be in. Sidey to captain? or is it Adams?
Sidebottom is on the higher rung captaincy wise. That’s been the understanding for a few years now.

Out - Moore, Crocker, Pendles
Ins - Scharenberg, Howe, Adams

If he's touch and go then freshen Pendles up for a week and get his finger right for the Tigers game.

Maintain the intensity of last week and I'll back us in to get the job done against another injury ravaged side in GWS.

2016 we played GWS and Adelaide back to back interstate.
Can’t recall if they were both in the eight then.
But it’s happened two trips in a row for us.

Thanks. They were both in the eight and we lost them both. Went into that run three games and percentage out of the eight so season already over at that point!

I guess those two games helped us start tanking for Stevo!!!!!

Cant see us going with 8 defenders, so if Howe is in and Schaz comes back I suspect one of Quaynor/Nobel goes out... even though I think we purposely brought in an extra small to match up on all the West Coasts smalls I suspect Schaz wont be back in unless Howe misses

Thanks. They were both in the eight and we lost them both. Went into that run three games and percentage out of the eight so season already over at that point!

I guess those two games helped us start tanking for Stevo!!!!!
Rings a bell.

My take was the club had a small wager that enough losses they’d have a chance at getting Stephenson.
They even created a mythology about heart matters.
The heart matter was Hine fell in love.

One of those toy bet multis that paid off.

I'd argue if we're serious about Top 4 and the flag this year the next 2 weeks are both must win.

Win both games and Top 4 is all but locked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back