Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Adelaide (R22, Sat 17/08 4:35pm AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

While Mayne doesn’t have the most talent of our list, he certainly has the most courage.

Sorry Bamax courage is a non negotiable for me as an AFL player.

He is one of the first picked for me.

Still waiting to find out how many goals he consceded yesterday.

out: daicos, thomas, greenwood**
in: moore, de goey, noble**

**dont know If this change needs to happen but it might, I am ok either way, but the other 2 should be near locks.

IF Passed Fit

Sorry Bamax courage is a non negotiable for me as an AFL player.

He is one of the first picked for me.

Still waiting to find out how many goals he consceded yesterday.

In the game against Gold Coast (in the final minute) Mayne showed his toughness; that was a hard hit! He kept his eyes on the ball in a game we had in the bag. The guy has courage in spades.

My only gripe with him is his reluctance to take any risk when he has the pill. It's a sideways pass 99% of the time; then again, he is probably playing to his limitations.

He isn't top 10 at the club (IMO) but he deserves his spot and is a Collingwood man of good character. A man shows his worth during adversity, and he has. His first year at the club would have broken lesser guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the game against Gold Coast (in the final minute) Mayne showed his toughness; that was a hard hit! He kept his eyes on the ball in a game we had in the bag. The guy has courage in spades.

My only gripe with him is his reluctance to take any risk when he has the pill. It's a sideways pass 99% of the time; then again, he is probably playing to his limitations.

He isn't top 10 at the club (IMO) but he deserves his spot and is a Collingwood man of good character. A man shows his worth during adversity, and he has. His first year at the club would have broken lesser guys.

I never said he was a top 10 player ability wise............but he is definitely one of the first picked this year.

His first year at our Club I feel ashamed of (I wrote him of after the Tigers game) but 2017 was a really low point for us all. Some of the things “our” supporters said to him at the VFL were shocking IMO. Hearing him say he sat in his car that year and cried because we didn’t have a full time welfare person is embarrassing. So proud he and our Club turned it around in 2018.

I was right in front of that last play at the GCS game...........he is given a mission and most times he gets the job done.

We don’t beat WC a few weeks ago without him because HE gets the job done.

Taking a risk is overrated if you turn the ball over IMO.

Last edited:
I never said he was a top 10 player ability wise............but he is definitely one of the first picked this year.

His first year at our Club I feel ashamed of (I wrote him of after the Tigers game) but 2017 was a really low point for us all. Some of the things “our” supporters said to him at the VFL were shocking IMO. Hearing him say he sat in his car that year and cried because we didn’t have a full time welfare person is embarrassing. So proud he and our Club turned it around in 2018.

I was right in front of that last play at the GCS game...........he is given a mission and most times he gets the job done.

We don’t beat WC a few weeks ago without him because HE gets the job done.

Taking a risk is overrated if he turn the ball over IMO.

Yeah, we treated him sh*t during his first year, club-coach-fans all guilty as charged. It was embarrassing.

I'm under no illusion that Mayne is a star, but I respect what he brings to the table. He has been asked to plug gaps all year and has done the job every time. I wouldn't drop him,even when we need to make room for Stevo, JDG, & Moore.

He will be replaced at some stage, but contrary to what I felt in 2017, I don't think we have anybody on our list right now to take it from him.

I'm with you re: the WC game, he was huge. On the disposal front he's limited IMO, but that's just one aspect of his game.

View attachment 724860

“Almost certainly miss out on a top-four spot”..... how do these people have jobs???

Richmond play WCE (3rd) & Brisbane(2nd). They lose 1. We jump them. It’s not rocket science.

Nuffie.
If we win the final two games we have a big chance at top 4 but no certainty as we are relying on other teams to lose.

Injury ravaged and definitely not good enough to match it with the best.

That might change if we can get Degoey, Moore and Wells back before finals, providing we don’t lose Sidebottom or Pendles (both crucial to our game play). And of course Stephenson... but at least this year we make finals, something we must consider a win despite our insipid form over the past 12 weeks.

Well it worked indirectly jmac - without Roughie providing an alternative target I very much doubt Checkers would have had the game he did.
That role could have been done by someone else, Roughy us too important for our defence.

Oh you mean like playing Roughead forward
You call that "out of the box"? It was a silly gamble, that could've cost us the game if Melb played a bit better.

Well said.

View attachment 724860

“Almost certainly miss out on a top-four spot”..... how do these people have jobs???

Richmond play WCE (3rd) & Brisbane(2nd). They lose 1. We jump them. It’s not rocket science.

Nuffie.

If you read on they say Essendon make the 8....and everyone conveniently forgets Pies beat West Coast in Perth. Adelaide lost to them by 10 points. Bombers were completely thrashed and are ravaged by injuries. And we cannot win 2 games against Adelaide and Essendon? Happy to fly under the radar and we do best as underdogs but this annoyed me as the top 4 all play each other so it makes no sense.
Richmond play WCE.
Richmond play Brisbane.
Brisbane play Geelong.
Newsflash, they cannot all win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back