Preview Round 2: Changes vs Hawks + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowden if you're small in stature you need something extra, he hasn't got it.
Schultz has know tricks, not quick, average jump and skills.
That’s it for me. Unless Crowden is quick, he’s just another inside midfielder albeit short. Can kick and tackle but we have too many of those types.
Schulz doesn’t offer anything other then a leading forward. We need more then that, Matera is that. Walters, Sturt and Matera should be the combo to work around Tabs/Lobb.

Loooool

A few players played worse than Banfield

Lucky JLo knows
I agree. He was far from our worst. Not expecting too many changes next week.You need to give an extra chance to reward pre season effort.
Maybe Darcy out for Mundy( if available). Perhaps Crowden for Blakely /Matera. Not sure how close Wilson and Pearce are??

I agree. He was far from our worst. Not expecting too many changes next week.You need to give an extra chance to reward pre season effort.
Maybe Darcy out for Mundy( if available). Perhaps Crowden for Blakely /Matera. Not sure how close Wilson and Pearce are??

Crowden did almost nothing. There are players who missed today who can play better.

Crowden did almost nothing. There are players who missed today who can play better.
Feel like Fredericks, Young and Serong should be preferred ahead of Colyer and Crowden. We’re limited having Colyer. Sure he can run, work hard but cant even pick up the ball below his knees and a liability at his height

First step, from our injury / poor form list, who is available ?.

Remember it is Round 1 and we are just starting to mould a new team. Some players you need to persist with for 2 - 3 weeks to see if the mouldings is working.

Thought Colyer got better as the game went on. Brayshaw can do better ( he knows ) and I’ll back him to play a lot better.

I’m not going to be a negative Nancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In:
Matera- better forward then Banfield, and can kick goals.
Blakely
Serong

Out:
Banfield - meh. Doesn’t get involved enough and burns the ball.
Schulz- pre season games don’t count. Don’t think he has the speed to keep up, otherwise just a medium hit up forward
Colyer- did okay, but a restucture mean so he ll be on the outer soon anyway.
Duman- Hughes has his spot anyway,, not sure why we need him in when we can just use Cerra, Aish and Conca there.
The changes will likely come from the players you listed. I’d add Mundy to the list of possible ins.

Possible ins: Matera, Blakely, Mundy, Serong
Possible outs: Banfield (other than a 5min cameo in Marsh #2 hasn’t done much for mine), Duman (certainly hands down won the turnover of the day award); Schultz/Colyer/Crowden - they each had there moments and two of them may get a reprieve.

I love Andy Brayshaw but seriously the second shot at goal just never looked likely and he needs to nail those.

Communication at crucial times was absent. Taberner not listening to Walters, Ethan Hughes spoiling Cox and some playing on and handballing when they shouldn’t.

Also remember Darcy had a fairly compromised pre-season and involvement in Marsh. He wasn’t great today but did some nice taps that didn’t work out. Also seemed that holding the jumper free at the end was fairly harsh given so much was let go during the rest of that half (17 free against vs only 11 for us). That call against Cox in the 3rd for a block when Conca marked in defence was baffling.

Still some positives. Loved Sturt’s game. Lobb brilliant second half. Conca marshalled troops well in the backline and used the ball well. Bewley played better (dropped away in the last but others stepped up in the 4th quarter).

The tackling pressure in the first half was woeful and we need to start off much better than that.

JLo will need to become the wizard of OZ, and sort out the scarecrow, lion and tin man.
Definitely lacking brains, heart and courage with that best 22.
In : Serong, Mundy, too many players that are just foot soldiers, don't have a feel for AFL
level of play.
Slow starts are proving a downfall, and that's all between the ears.
But so much upside to come, and will fix the negatives from Today.

Crowden and Colyer have to go. They are too small and can't make up for it with the rest of their game.

Agreed

Drop them for Mundy and Serong

Serong is the future and Mundy will give Fyfe a chop out so he can.push forward

Mundy & Serong In
Crowden & Colyer Out
Crowden yes. Colyer won’t be dropped after today..few in line before him.

Banfield and Shultz were less effective today. Same with McCarthy.

Logue will have to look back on the tapes I’d suggest as he was caught in front/out of position a heap.

Brayshaw needs to kick better then that. Borderline embarrassing tbh.

As this season is more that likely to only run for 1-4 matches I really hope we try to blood a new young guy every week

Mundy and Serong in for me and out go any two of Shultz , Crowden Banfield , Collier ,McCarthy

Hate to say it but to me Cerra looks better on the half back line at this stage of his career...It didnt do Dave Mundy any harm starting back there (does anyone know how many seasons before he moved into the midfield)
Keep Cerra there and move Aish to onball or take McCarthys wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back