Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Hawthorn - Giants Stadium (NSW), 7:50pm Fri 10/07

Remove this Banner Ad

[25] Jack Crisp,[23] Jordan Roughead,[12] Matthew Scharenberg
[37] Brayden Maynard,[30] Darcy Moore,[03] Isaac Quaynor
[16]
Chris Mayne,[10] Scott Pendlebury,[21] Tom Phillips
[1] Jaidyn Stephenson,[41] Brody Mihocek,[26] Josh Daicos
[32] Will Hoskin-Elliott ,[14] Darcy Cameron,[5] Jamie Elliott
[4] Brodie Grundy,[13] Taylor Adams,[7] Adam Treloar

[36] Brayden Sier ,[06] Tyler Brown ,[17] Callum L. Brown,[28] N.Murphy

Out: Varcoe, Cox, De Goey (forced), Wills
In: Quaynor, Cameron, Sier, Murphy or Noble

Lucky: T.Brown, WHE

Stephenson, Daicos, WHE and Elliot told to get up in front of the Hawks wall and then spread hard over the back to wreak havoc. Phillips to work his backside off up and down the wing.

The players aren't all I'd like them to be, some of them, but at least they aren't as mentally fragile as the supporters.

Remember that time we lost by more than ten points? When was the last time that happened?

Writing off the season and calling for kids to be called up because 'they couldn't be any worse'.

Describing our list as vastly inferior to others (including a team that has been woefully out of form and was the first to get absolutely pumped by the Suns, which I find hilarious) and only competitive thanks to a system initiated by a coach people reckon can't coach. I'm trying to get my head around a crap list being coached by a crap coach being competitive every single week regardless of opposition, but my brain can't seem to do the gymnastics required.

If you don't appreciate what you have, you deserve to lose it.

InB4 'We don't accept mediocrity here at Collingwood'.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I get tickets for the game? Can't find on AFL website and last I heard only Giants Gold Members can get tickets to the ground

BTW, I'm on the good side of the border these days

Keep an eye out on social media and probably your email

OUT - DeGoey Wills Varcoe T.Brown
IN - Kelly Sier Quaynor J.Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perfect!

-Edit, I'd actually Bring Noble back and drop Elliot for a couple of weeks as well as your mentioned trades

Last edited:
Out : WHE, T.Brown & De Goey

WHE, Can’t play on the wing. Only reason he got 2 disposals more than his season average was because he got moved to the backline. Soft. Out of form.

T.Brown Just not ready yet. Time for a spell.

De GOEY, hopefully out for just the week.

I want to get rid off Cox, but don’t see it happening. Maybe next week the swap with De GOEY.

In: Quaynor/Noble, Sier & Kelly

Quaynor/Noble to replace Varcoe in the backline. We should continue to play Varcoe in the forward line.

Sier, its his time to cement a spot. He needs to prove that he’s best 22. We need a big body in the middle.

Kelly, we need to reward his game. He plays as a leading forward. He will be the 2nd/3rd forward in our team. Most of the attention will go to Cox & Mihocek. Being a leading forward will allow to get some cheap marks.
I see no positive in playing WHE over Kelly. If Kelly produced WHE stats, we would be content and look for further development. WHE can’t be producing seasons of rubbish and expect to be in the best 22.

Elliot, W.Kelly, Mihocek
Stephenson, Cox, Varcoe

Cox has to be out, sorry but its just insane to keep him in. If he isnt marking the ball he is a complete liability. We may as well put literally any other player on the list at FF. Theyll at least compete if it hits the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's too early for Will Kelly. He hasn't developed enough to be ready for AFL football. I reckon there's potential to ruin confidence if we're premature with his selection.

Then might as well go with a Small Forward line then

The playing list is in a very similar position to 2010 where we made way with blokes like Fraser, Lockyer, OBree, Medhurst and went with youth.

Out
Cox
Varcoe
Wills
DeGoey

In
Cameron
Quaynor
Seir
Greenwood

I would be looking at Murphy Rendall Bianco over the next month.

It's too early for Will Kelly. He hasn't developed enough to be ready for AFL football. I reckon there's potential to ruin confidence if we're premature with his selection.

What spells more confidence then one of the proudest clubs in the AFL up against the wall, sprouted by critics to be done and past it and full of culture issues, than for Bucks to walk upto him and tell him he’ll be making his debut for Collingwood and he has a role to play to roam the 50, present at the footy and be a target. Two things - he can’t be any worse than Cox. And we need to go for youth - if we are to go deep in finals we need to know that our 22-30 guys on the list can play, ESPECIALLY if we are gonna consistently run 2 KPF’s. We need to know if Kelly can play a role.

The playing list is in a very similar position to 2010 where we made way with blokes like Fraser, Lockyer, OBree, Medhurst and went with youth.

Out
Cox
Varcoe
Wills
DeGoey

In
Cameron
Quaynor
Seir
Greenwood

I honestly see no reason for a second ruckman. At worst swa a midfielder in there for 3/4 mins.

I would give Varcoe another week. There is no VFL so he would have had no match fitness.

Out
Cox
Varcoe
Wills
DeGoey

In
Cameron
Quaynor
Seir
Greenwood

Fraser Lockyer obree and medhurst player about 800 games between them. We don’t have any players in our 22 like that who we will be bumping out to make room for the kids.

Is Bruest still out? Massive for us if he is.

I expect all of Sicily, Mitchell, O'Meara and Gunston to dominate us but if Bruest is out, that definitely helps...

Hi mate, breust is out with a fractured jaw. He’s basically our only decent forward as Gunston now plays over the ground.

Mitch Lewis won’t play and Liam Shiels may miss with concussion.

Patton will come in for Lewis, who’s been playing worse then cox this season.

Jack scrimshaw, who’s been one of our better players the last few weeks will be out as well. He will probably be replaced with harry Morrison. He makes John noble look like Andrew McLeod. As vanilla as they come.

There is a good chance we may give a debut to Finn McGuiness, who has big wraps. He can play both inside and outside mid.

Good luck on Friday night..might be first to 50 wins..

INS: Sier, Broomhead, Thomas, Quaynor
OUTS: Cox, DeGoey, Wills, Brown

Go with a smaller forward setup.

Quaynor into the back pocket and Varcoe goes forward.

B - Quaynor Roughead Sharenberg
HB - Crisp Moore Maynard
C - Phillips Pendlebury Treloar
HF - WHE Mihochek Varcoe
F - Elliott Stephenson Daicos
R - Grundy Adams Sier
INT - Broomhead Mayne Thomas Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back