Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting article, only problem is that Fremantle don't have pick 7 - that's Carltons pick

So while Fremantle may be happy trading pick 7 for Clark, not sure Carlton will agree

Really curious as to why journalists can't get even the basics right
I can’t see the club trading away Simpson considering his form this final series

GWS can also for whoever they want I just can’t see the club agreeing to trading out any kids that will be a part of our best 22 next year

Are you all there? That's my point. We have had to pay overs in dollar terms, for Williams to get him for "free". You have to pay a price for a free agent. Either overs in dollars so opposition can't/won't match or you trade. Geelong don't pay overs in dollars so you trade. Which is fine but it's something you need to get your head around.
Are you all there? Why are you pretending to know the dollar value of the contracts?

Surely none of our fringe young guys would want to be traded up there anyway given the high draft picks that don't play up there atm and are wanting out.

Correct imo.

I think he can make it as a ruck but i get your doubts. We would have to bring in another afl ready ruck though if we trade him.

decide to draft a kid for starters.. and then workout how much coverage we need...unless you think we can trade in a Stanley replacement. Im not see a lot which is obviously better than Fort

It's not only GWS that are chasing Simpson, the Dogs are going hard for him again. They've been keen for a while.

It's not only GWS that are chasing Simpson, the Dogs are going hard for him again. They've been keen for a while.

On what basis would he consider it, though? Just won his place back in the team for three cut-throat finals, after holding his spot over several weeks earlier in the season until injury intervened.

Clearly now considered 'best 22', and playing in a GF in just a few days. That's before you even consider the family affiliation.

Surely him leaving at this point is a bigger non-starter than us against the Dees in the 2018 EF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On what basis would he consider it, though? Just won his place back in the team for three cut-throat finals, after holding his spot over several weeks earlier in the season until injury intervened.

Clearly now considered 'best 22', and playing in a GF in just a few days. That's before you even consider the family affiliation.

Surely him leaving at this point is a bigger non-starter than us against the Dees in the 2018 EF.

A long hefty contract may raise his eyebrows

It's a weird world. On the Freo board there seems to be a belief that they will get Narkle for free, i.e. as a delisted player. If that happens I'll eat my scarf.

A long hefty contract may raise his eyebrows
And it's probably just luck that we have cooled on Crouch after his little problem, so Simpson can hope to be in the team next year.

If I were in Simpson's shoes, or at least his manager's, I would be at least having a look. All very well for the Cats to talk about how much they value loyalty - and we know that in some cases they do (Hyphen) - but it's a two-way street that gets a little crowded. When you're linked to so many possible incomings it's bound to have the managers of any of Fogarty, Narkle, Constable, Clark and those even further behind them talking to other clubs. In fact, probably negligent if they don't.

My contact (a family friend) said he loves Geelong and doesn't want to leave (could have for more money at the Dogs) but he's still unsigned and in the negotiating stage.

Dogs are sniffing around again.

He's a very loyal kid and wants to forge a career at the Cats. At the end of the day money does talk if it's substantial enough.

My contact (a family friend) said he loves Geelong and doesn't want to leave (could have for more money at the Dogs) but he's still unsigned and in the negotiating stage.

He's a very loyal kid and wants to forge a career at the Cats. At the end of the day money does talk if it's substantial enough.

One would think he would get a good tickle now.

Turbo said the same. About the money, that is. Just can't see it myself. Can they really afford to offer a really massive deal to a kid off the rookie list who's played 14 games? I would have thought we can get the deal close enough that he doesn't need to chase a huge dollar difference.

Hopefully being a premiership player might factor into his decision soon enough as well.

Last edited:
Turbo said the same. About the money, that is. Just can't see it myself. Can they really afford to offer a really massive deal to a kid off the rookie list who's played 14 games. I would have thought we can get the deal close enough that he doesn't need to chase a huge dollar difference.

Hopefully being a premiership player might factor into his decision soon enough as well.

well if they do splash cash at him and he does go... Bont is a FA soon

It's a weird world. On the Freo board there seems to be a belief that they will get Narkle for free, i.e. as a delisted player. If that happens I'll eat my scarf.
If we don't offer him a contract (and reports are we haven't at this stage) then he'd become a delisted FA and could go to them for free

If we don't offer him a contract (and reports are we haven't at this stage) then he'd become a delisted FA and could go to them for free
With all of the uncertainty it’s not surprising that a number of players remain unsigned. For starters there’s the TPP and list spot uncertainty. Then there’s who is incoming. There will be several players waiting for some time yet before they get a contract offer. That’s the peril of being on the fringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back