Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Cartlon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt was a class above today at Peel. Understandable after a long layoff to come back via peel but needs to come straight into the 22 next week. Probably the best set shot on the list I reckon.
Fyfe will also probably be back next week.
Unless Jlo makes him earn his spot at peel lol
He's as close to a Fyfe clone as I've seen, if we get his body right forget about forward only.
Bonus is his kicking.
Sure he could be relied on for goals, but imagine him in a finals series with minutes in the centre?
That type of mismatch has Norm Smith contention ;)

my belief is it comes down to goal kickers you pick the blokes who kick straight and true the rest of them will follow. treacy has proved he can do that sturt kicked 5 in the WAFL yesterday. lets face it the games changed too with the quick ball movement and the leading forward back you need to play the big boys. tabs and traecy leading and either marking or making a contest and all our smalls will have a field day. my forward line would look like. FF Tabs FP Schultz, Henry, HF Walters, Switkowski, HF Traecy. but at the end of the day opinions are like A**holes everyones got one Iam excited too see a good game sunday we have some great depth in the forward stocks now and blokes that can kick them which is finally exciting!
Make or break of Lobb, with competition both ruck and forward. Have to agree with what you've said about the smalls.
We have lacked a true spine to let the smalls/mediums ply their craft.
HFF has been our graveyard forever, with players not standouts in that position, forced to compete unfairly.

Excited for tomorrow now, tickets in the bag! We won’t get away with 21 behinds this week or anything near it. Looking around the league and seeing guys we would have considered lesser players than Tabs going into 2021 such as Bruce, Tex and Riewoldt kicking bags of 4 or 5 goals a game makes me worry where the goals are gonna come from. You need to be nearly be kicking 90 points this season to win it seems. That’s 13 or 14 goals a week required.
Not sure Fyfe up forward is the answer over the rest of the season. His set shot kicking is very ordinary and there will be a lot of pressure on Walters to kick a bag tomorrow. Tabs can’t be relied on for more than 2 or 3 goals a game and actually you’d be thrilled if he kept that rate for 22 games.
Watching Sturt and Treacy set shot kicking at peel in recent weeks - we need these guys at the end of those I50 entries. Alongside Mundy and Walters, the best set shot kickers at the club I reckon.

do you think with the young boys pushing for selection traecy and sturt. maybe tabs will get pushed out due to consistency?

Excited for tomorrow now, tickets in the bag! We won’t get away with 21 behinds this week or anything near it. Looking around the league and seeing guys we would have considered lesser players than Tabs going into 2021 such as Bruce, Tex and Riewoldt kicking bags of 4 or 5 goals a game makes me worry where the goals are gonna come from. You need to be nearly be kicking 90 points this season to win it seems. That’s 13 or 14 goals a week required.
Not sure Fyfe up forward is the answer over the rest of the season. His set shot kicking is very ordinary and there will be a lot of pressure on Walters to kick a bag tomorrow. Tabs can’t be relied on for more than 2 or 3 goals a game and actually you’d be thrilled if he kept that rate for 22 games.
Watching Sturt and Treacy set shot kicking at peel in recent weeks - we need these guys at the end of those I50 entries. Alongside Mundy and Walters, the best set shot kickers at the club I reckon.
Rather we start slowly and come home with a wet sail, watching Freo under Ross limping into Finals year after year
was deflating.
We have the nucleus to be an exciting team, but off field we have some quality people on board.
Not just JLo, Carr, Corey, guys who only know hard work is required.

Think the like-for-like reasoning for replacing Fyfe with Walters is that both provide some leadership to an otherwise inexperienced forward line.

Also think after last Sunday's BOG performance the coaches have considered the scenario where Mundy might get a hard tag and Walters might be needed in the midfield - Mundy can go forward.

That doesn't mean you don't play Treacy. Walters should be coming in for one of the other short people (Giro/Colyer).

How long does Chapman keep his spot for? Thought he was solid last week but few clangers which can be put down to nerves probably. Who is he a direct replacement for? How long does he hold this halfback spot? Cheers guys

How long does Chapman keep his spot for? Thought he was solid last week but few clangers which can be put down to nerves probably. Who is he a direct replacement for? How long does he hold this halfback spot? Cheers guys
Guy can football, I wouldn't be pigeonholing him at all. His debut was above average IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. When Logue is fit one of Chapman, Hughes or even Conca is out.

Like old mate replys to the tweet says "seems strange to fight the suspension and not play him" we lack talls need him to play get minutes. excited to see how our smalls switta and schultz crum off them
Insurance fight - in case we lost Tabs, and/or Darcy was still injured. Or were belted last week.

do you think with the young boys pushing for selection traecy and sturt. maybe tabs will get pushed out due to consistency?

Sturt is a totally different player so he won’t bother Tabs position but re Treacy, not this year or next you wouldn’t think, but he will need to stay fit and healthy and maintain form. Good to have pressure on spots.

I asked earlier in the thread and got no replies but who would have gone out for Treacy to come in this week? Serious question.

You couldn't have dropped Darcy after last week. We're not dropping Tabs. Meek is a starting ruck man at the moment. Fyfe rolls through the midfield so we would have been down a runner/player through the midfield if he came in for Fyfe. Can you play Treacy, Darcy and Tabs in the same forward line?

I asked earlier in the thread and got no replies but who would have gone out for Treacy to come in this week? Serious question.

You couldn't have dropped Darcy after last week. We're not dropping Tabs. Meek is a starting ruck man at the moment. Fyfe rolls through the midfield so we would have been down a runner/player through the midfield if he came in for Fyfe. Can you play Treacy, Darcy and Tabs in the same forward line?
Fyfe goes for Treacy and Giro goes for Walters. It ain't hard.

Think Fyfes role last week would be the same thing, mobile link man. His tackling and kicking would arguably be better than Fyfes anyway, don’t think you lose any mobility. Giro out, Freddy more wing, Walters to the forwardline

Fyfe goes for Treacy and Giro goes for Walters. It ain't hard.

So we go in a midfielder down compared to last week? Actually one and a half midfielders down as Fyfe has been playing more midfield than Walters who hasn't played a decent stint in the midfield for ages. Not the best way to bring a guy back from a hammy as well asking him to do more midfield time imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back