Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost our place in the top four when we lost to Sydney, we would swap places with them on the ladder, 6th to 2nd, if that result was reversed.

So Hogan wouldn't be knocking us out of the top four, he would stop us working our way back in and then Collingwood winning and Sydney winning make sure of it

We lost our place in the top four when we lost to Sydney, we would swap places with them on the ladder, 6th to 2nd, if that result was reversed.

So Hogan wouldn't be knocking us out of the top four, he would stop us working our way back in and then Collingwood winning and Sydney winning make sure of it
Nah if Hogan kicks a bag and GWS win they’ll be kicking us out of the four because Carlton will beat the Pies thats me looking through my crystal ball, Sydney haven’t knocked us out of anything yet.

GWS team still looks pretty stacked despite their outs. Got a bad feeling that we will Freo this one out of the park.

Since we played them earlier in the season the changes are:

GWS;
IN: Haynes, Kennedy, Aleer, Hopper, Briggs, Lloyd, Brown
OUT: Keeffe, Hill, de Boer, Idun, O'Halloran, Bruhn, Preuss

Freo:
IN: Fyfe, Serong, Meek, Pearce
OUT: Lobb, Taberner, Erasmus, Colyer

Might have missed some, but we are more competitive in the midfield there, and far weaker forward.

We had two goals combined out of Taberner and Lobb last game.

GWS team still looks pretty stacked despite their outs. Got a bad feeling that we will Freo this one out of the park.
still only kicked above 60 points once in the last 7 rounds (and that once was against the special kids that are Essendon). Pretty poor for all their talent. Really don't seem to have their heart in it. Imagine even less so given they are on holidays once the final siren goes and noone really to impress.

Hogan with 1 or 2 each week (4 against Essendon) isn't going to turn the tide. Probably on Cox, it will be more like 1.

I think once we get ahead a few goals at some point, their interest will quickly wane and it will become bruise free footy until game over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the pieces are set for us to take this home- but as Duff said yesterday this may end up coming down to Fyfe and if ever we needed a herculean effort from the skipper it's now.

With no Taberner and no Lobb and a couple of ruckman Fyfe will need to hit the scoreboard a few times tomorrow - the rest can come from the rucks and the other smalls/mids.

Fyfe actually needs to pluck a few in the forward 50 tomorrow and convert.

All the pieces are set for us to take this home- but as Duff said yesterday this may end up coming down to Fyfe and if ever we needed a herculean effort from the skipper it's now.

With no Taberner and no Lobb and a couple of ruckman Fyfe will need to hit the scoreboard a few times tomorrow - the rest can come from the rucks and the other smalls/mids.

Fyfe actually needs to pluck a few in the forward 50 tomorrow and convert.
I think we need the big effort from Meek and Darcy, that's the weak point for GWS. Fyfe playing well will help obviously but he is coming back from injury.

I think we need the big effort from Meek and Darcy, that's the weak point for GWS. Fyfe playing well will help obviously but he is coming back from injury.

That's the key. Last game we won by 5 goals but the ball movement out of the middle was basically even.

Preuss not playing is enormous in this. He kept Darcy on level pegging because he is a monster, absolutely huge. The clearances need to be heavily in our favor, particularly in the stoppages near our half back line where our smalls can burst forward for goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back