Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Stats man, watch games, get idea!
Hey

Not enough games to watch him play in

But apparently enough for Freo to not rate him enough to back him in over bringing in Jackson

Get a balanced view, meek aint worth a high pick, to Hawthorn or anyone

I'd think a late 30's was on the money honestly. Like I said earlier pick 49 was a bit too high (as in high number) so we'd need to add a Pick swap as well to even it up. But what's being said here is Freo are looking to hold Meek unless and offer to good comes up.

Honestly I doubt he is a Hawks in this case so maybe other clubs come into it?

Or you trade 24 or bring in another pick.

Or you trade 24 or bring in another pick.
I think it will be involved in another trade. I guess the angle is F2nd for F3rd?

I think it's a pretty bad outcome for Hawthorn honestly as we still need to hit the draft as hard as possible in the first 2 rounds.

As I said. Depends on the individual.

The excuse it happenned 10 years ago so that doesnt matter now is not one to use when dealing with racism issues and First Nations people.
Didnt say it doesn't matter or an excuse as its historical, its clearly an issue

Just in reference to it affecting Amon's decision it would have no relevance

So he hasnt been on the list for 4 years?

Without Darcy this year

13 disp, 32 hitouts, 83 supercoach
13 disp, 12 hitouts (vs nicnat), 89 SC
12 disp, 28 hitouts, 100 SC

Still scored 88,84 and 78 SC in his other three games. Reason i am using SC as a reference as it shows he had a solid impact.

Yes he has been on the list for a while but it's taken time to get him ready.

Third rounder is unders but yeah power to you if Freo give him away.

I think it will be involved in another trade. I guess the angle is F2nd for F3rd?

I think it's a pretty bad outcome for Hawthorn honestly as we still need to hit the draft as hard as possible in the first 2 rounds.
We have a decent F/S next year so we will effectively cancel out that second pick anyway

Being backup to a premier ruck has no weighting

16 games in 4 years with a below 40% hitout win percentage / averages less then 10 possessions, less then 3 clearances and 6.2% hitouts to advantage do not provide a solid argument for a decent pick return

It all does have weighting as does that fact like half a dozen teams are chasing him.

He played 6 games in 2022, Darcy also played in 3 of those games so his stats are completely pointless in this argument as he didn't lead the ruck. In the 3 games without Darcy he averages 13 possessions per game which is only one less then Darcy who is considered a top 5 ruck in the game.

Above all, seeing you seem to think he is s**t and has no value why are you obsessed with this thread?

We have a decent F/S next year so we will effectively cancel out that second pick anyway
True and we might see other picks come out way in other deals that are more suitable than 49. Wait and see

It all does have weighting as does that fact like half a dozen teams are chasing him.

He played 6 games in 2022, Darcy also played in 3 of those games so his stats are completely pointless in this argument as he didn't lead the ruck. In the 3 games without Darcy he averages 13 possessions per game which is only one less then Darcy who is considered a top 5 ruck in the game.

Above all, seeing you seem to think he is s**t and has no value why are you obsessed with this thread?
Didnt say he was s**t, just said his stats don't reflect the BF asking price (which has no actual relevance), not obsessed, just funny that fans can be so annoyed when they overate players that have been lowballed/pushed back in playing opportunities and want the world in return when they want to leave

Reserve Rucks get traded for next to nothing consistently, its the market

Just because you want back-up for Darcy, doesn't mean Meek has to sit in the WAFL when he is apparently in his Prime

Didnt say he was s**t, just said his stats don't reflect the BF asking price (which has no actual relevance), not obsessed, just funny that fans can be so annoyed when they overate players that have been lowballed/pushed back in playing opportunities and want the world in return when they want to leave

Reserve Rucks get traded for next to nothing consistently, its the market

Just because you want back-up for Darcy, doesn't mean Meek has to sit in the WAFL when he is apparently in his Prime

For the next 12 months thats exactly what he has to do if we decide not to trade him and Darcy stays fit.

For the next 12 months thats exactly what he has to do if we decide not to trade him and Darcy stays fit.
If your holding a reserve player after you have pushed him further back in the que with no chance of even being the second ruck

Its extremely insensitive and no wonder why their seems to be a large exodus this offseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your holding a reserve player after you have pushed him further back in the que with no chance of even being the second ruck

Its extremely insensitive and no wonder why their seems to be a large exodus this offseason

He hasn't been pushed further back in the queue. Jackson should be treated as a separate entity as we are going to play him in a hybrid Blicavs style role. Meek is still only behind Darcy. We either play Darcy + Jackson or Meek + Jackson. If Darcy gets injured, I doubt we will solo ruck Jackson and leave Meek in the WAFL.

It's hardly insensitive to hold a player to a contract they signed. The exodus is coming from one player agent who manages all of Lobb, Logue and Acres. He is an absolute scumbag and orchestrating his players to move so he can collect.

Pick 40-50 is about right value, but very little point doing that trade for such a useless pick. Would have to involve Brockman and pick swaps, but I haven't see his name in the media, so I am guessing that is not an option.

As I said. Depends on the individual.

The excuse it happenned 10 years ago so that doesnt matter now is not one to use when dealing with racism issues and First Nations people.

No, that's far too broad.

It's also unfair to even remotely suggest that anybody is using that as an excuse in this context.

Nobody involved in the allegations is still at the Hawthorn football club. That's why it's reasonable to mention how long ago it took place when we are discussing player movements in the year 2022.

It's far more likely to affect a player being courted by Brisbane or North Melbourne currently.

Hey

Not enough games to watch him play in

But apparently enough for Freo to not rate him enough to back him in over bringing in Jackson

Get a balanced view, meek aint worth a high pick, to Hawthorn or anyone

A balanced view is your opinion and his stats?

They rated him enough to give him a two year contract in September last year!

Being backup to a premier ruck has no weighting

16 games in 4 years with a below 40% hitout win percentage / averages less then 10 possessions, less then 3 clearances and 6.2% hitouts to advantage do not provide a solid argument for a decent pick return

Probably best not to be interested in him then.

After the Brad Hill robbery, not only will you accept pick 49, you'll be throwing in your first rounder and a note of apology in order to make things right between our clubs! Some cake wouldn't go astray either, but that's just a suggestion. And not some cheap ALDI cake, a proper one...made with a smile.

(NFI what he's worth, am sure the clubs will sort it out once the more pressing issues are done and each know what they have to work with and what they can trade to the benefit of both parties)

That’s a bit harsh mate, we owed them for giving us Hodge and Mitchell for Basically McPharlin…

Second rounder or he stays.

Or a Quality player.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back